If you are an Emo, rise your hand

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Syzygys, Jul 31, 2009.

1. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Ha Ha! Shit if that guy went to High School when I did he would have had the shit kicked out of him. I mean I wouldn't want to go back to the "Rocker" days but I would pick that any day over this.

How is what I said ignorant? Not wanting my boys to dress like pansies? I am raising them and they do live under my roof and all...........
    Not to mention I enjoy going places with them, but not so much if they dressed like little girls.

I agree with phlogistician that I would also be saving them from a potential beating. There are not too many of these kids running around here. There are some but
    they are kinda looked at as weirdos.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

You find a guy attractive who wears a girly head band and hair berets? :bugeye: We definitely don't have the same taste. I like a guy who actually looks like a man.

Yeah I would rip the headband and hair clips out, it looks absolutely ridiculous and he looks like a little pansy. Fortunately I don't have that problem because my boys like to look like UNMISTAKABLE BOYS!

They mind find it difficult to take their dirt bike helmets on and off with
    the berets and headbands in their hair........... LOL

They would so laugh if they saw that guy if we were out somewhere.

I don't have a problem with Tatoos ( I have one myself) and Piercings as long as it is not overboard. So, No I wouldn't rip those out.

But a guy wearing girly hair ornaments, makeup ? maybe for Halloween but that's about it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Why the hell should a male not wear hair clips if it makes them happy? Saying they look "ridiculous" is not good enough. That's just your aesthetic opinion. They harm no one. It's a piece of plastic. It doesn't affect the fate of the nation, for flip's sake.

I wear hair clips and I also go downhill mountain biking.

So what if they are conventionally for girls? My long sleeve shirt with the blue lines was made for a man. So are a lot of my clothes. Would you have taken them off me?

Hell, I've always thought a certain degree of androgyny looked cool. As a 14 year old I had short hair scraped back against my skull and mostly loose clothes. Would you have intervened in that too?

Damn human beings are ignorant. Sometimes I wonder if the only reason I bother coming on here is due to the mild increase in my adrenalin level that I get from having an argument.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I'm afraid it DOES affect the fate of nations. An entire generation of girly boys can drag whole continents into the abyss!

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I suspect a lot of gay men would even want to kick his head in.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Funny, where I live, those "girly boys" are the ones NOT engaging in bullying and doing other ridiculous fucked up things. Those "girly boys" are the same ones who go to college and do productive things. It was one of those "girly boys" who took the time to look after me one time when I was being harassed by a pisshead who threatened to hurt me because I wouldn't go out with him.

10. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Ok, that is WAY out of perspective.

Why does a floppy hairdo and clips warrant people wanting to kick your head in?

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure... exactly...testosterone I guess? :shrug:

12. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

No, testosterone is a HORMONE. It does heighten certain behaviours such as aggression. It's not however a reason why wearing a hairclip warrants kicking someone's head in.

Why do we need our sex roles to be so defined that wearing something more commonly associated with the opposite sex is a crime? So what if a male wears a hairclip? It won't make his balls fall off.

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I dunno ok?? he just needs his ass kicked! I bet he had no father figure around.

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

Who said it's a 'rule'? Do you think the guy in that picture is so dumb he wouldn't know it could get a reaction? Come on, don't be naive.

Let's look at the evidence. He's playing at cross dressing while hiding in his bathroom, attempting to convey a particular image, but clearly doesn't have the courage of his convictions to take that picture in a public place. So yes, he's a pretentious twat.

That's funny, it's like you think you know more about being in a subculture than someone who is 20 years your senior and still in one, ...

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Huh? Are you an emo?

17. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Finally, A voice of reason. I was unsure at first how to respond to this thread because one can be sensitive and emotional WITHOUT looking like that picture. And if that's how they look, whats wrong with that ? People have their phases and social tendencies. It's not our place to criticize their lifestyle choices. They either learn (if there's anything wrong with it), or they don't.

Double standards are greater for the youth than any other age group. Perhaps because many regret not spending their youth differently.

I have to admit though, I do feel disconcerted by facial peircings. Especially excessive ones. But that's just me.

18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Let me employ a double standard here:
    Your teaching your kid to be bland, social conformists, who will always be dominated by an alpha male.

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

No, I'm a Heavy Metal fan, and we were often attacked for being such by soccer yobs. I still have visible scars some 20 years later after one incident.

I find VI's outlook quite self centred and naive, therefore.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

But aren't you kind of doing the same thing those 'soccer yobs' were doing (sans the violence of course)?

21. draqon Banned Banned

I am not an Emo.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Why not? It would suit you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, that is the image you are reflecting. But yes, you could be just generally lazy and whiny...(judging from your posts)