If you are an Emo, rise your hand

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Syzygys, Jul 31, 2009.

1. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Nope, and seriously I don't understand why the attraction to it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

And hopefully as well endowed. Rawr.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I would kindly ask thee sir not to make reference to my golden orbs.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

Yes, ma'am.

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

9. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

How do you get an emo out of a tree? Cut the rope.

10. phlogistician Banned Banned

EMO shows a lack of imagination on behalf of the fashionistas. It's all recycled from other sub cultures. It's like emo kids are trying to be goth/metal/punk/preppy all at the same time, and it clashes. It's a look, but there's no style to it.

I like some of the music, even if it too is largely recycled. Like punk before it, there's nothing wrong with the music, but the twats that pretend to like it.

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

This is supposed to be a guy right? :bugeye:

I am glad I am not his mother......If I was I would rip those berets right out of his hair.

Please tell me what girl would find that attractive? He looks like a little pansy.

12. phlogistician Banned Banned

Oh, but EMO girlies love the way he so in touch with his emotions, and not afraid to be different (even though he's an EMO clone) and challenge sexual stereotypes (by adopting a female one), yadda yadda.

EMO girlies are mostly fat muffin tops anyway, so I guess they can't be too choosy.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The picture of that guy looks like he's sitting on the toilet and having a tough time with his bowels.

14. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Emo is what you get when a whole generation grows up without having to work.

15. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I wonder, in emo sex who wears the dick??

It is not the emos' fault though but their stupid parents and society's general...

16. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I find the level of hate here slightly disturbing and out of proportion.

Why is liking certain music and wearing certain styles a sign that you're a lazy piece of crap who never had to work or otherwise earn anything? Why is liking those clothes and music a generalized societal problem?

Am I also automatically a lazy spoiled brat and a walking symptom of social problems, because I'm wearing dark clothes and have facial piercings??

Would you rather that emo kid was out getting paralytically drunk or punching another young male in the face because that's what you have to do to be masculine?

Seems kids can't win. Be normal, you're in the wrong. Be different, you're in the wrong too.

Seriously, you want something to violently disapprove of, try female genital mutilation, or maybe animal abuse.

17. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I'd find him attractive if he had more facial hair.

Why would you rip them out? There are people dying and being raped, and you would care that your son wore a piece of plastic in his hair??

This shit is socially constructed. What's this objective rule that says short hair for a male is "correct" but long hair and plastic clips means he's a maladjusted freak? He's the same person inside whether he's wearing hairclips or leather or whatever. You're decades older than me. You should know better.

I'm glad you're not my mother...you would probably have ripped out my facial piercings with the skin attached, in the name of this lovely thing called normality.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

OK, when I'm out walking my dogs on a Saturday, there's always a bunch of EMO kids hanging around under the underpass near the entrance to the park. They sit on the grass when it's fair, and shelter under the underpass if it rains. They drop litter and break bottles, and leave the area a total fucking mess every Saturday. That's why I hate EMO kids.

If I go into town, they congregate around the clock tower, doing nothing, but looking pathetic.

When I was their age, I had a job, and worked Saturdays, because that was the only way to get spending money.

Do you also hang around in public places, littering, and leaving broken glass for children and dogs to harm themselves on?

They do get paralytically drunk, and vomit, and litter, and break glass, but they don't start fights, because they know they are candy-asses and would get their faces filled in.

What a load of arse. I've been a metaller all my life, had long hair since I was 15, and worked since I was 15 too. I respected the area I grew up in, and didn't litter, vandalise, or vomit in the street. Sure, I got drunk, but I didn't hang around making an arse of myself in public. I also didn't have a persecution complex like most lazy fucking teens have these days.

We can oppose more than one thing you know, our opinions aren't rationed. Interesting you mention those things when it's the EMO wankstains leaving broken bottles in the grass for my dogs to cut their paws on, or for children to fall on and cut their faces to ribbons eh?

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

Do you think it's because the bathroom is the only place with a lock on the door, and he daren't let his parents see him dressed like that?

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

I think the word you are looking for is 'contrived'.

He'd be an idiot if he didn't realise the reaction wearing something associated with the feminine could get. One would wager that's exactly why he's doing it, to get a reaction. What's your point, exactly therefore? That he's got the reaction he sought, but we are wrong for providing it?

Yeah, he's a pretentious twat.

You think she doesn't?

If that guy had grown up where I did, the local soccer hooligans would have pummelled the shit out of him for dressing like that. Shorty would be saving him a beating by changing his appearance. Hell, they tried it on us metallers and got their arses kicked a few times, because we all lifted weights and studied martial arts, and didn't want to look like a streak of piss with black jeans halfway down our asses.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is everyone really so excited about some guy dressing to please himself?

What kind of backward place do you live in?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Why the assumption that he must have only done it to get a reaction? Why shouldn't males use hairclips? That's a stupid rule.

So you know him personally and you know he's a pretentious twat?

So she shouldn't have posted something so ignorant.

You have the right to be pissed off at those kids for causing a public nuisance. You don't have the right to be pissed off at ALL emo kids just for being emos.

Nope. Never.

So do I. I don't litter, destroy things, or vomit in the street.

I don't have a persecution complex. I just get annoyed at ignorance.

There is a difference between

Wearing emo-styled clothes

and

Leaving broken bottles where they can harm people.

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Or........

When their parents work like slaves are barely around and buy them everything they want without making them do anything to earn it? :shrug: