If we evolved from monkeys-

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Felon, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

I REALLY want to see some monkeys eat small doses of psychedelic mushrooms in a laboratory.

Many atheists report having "mystical experiences" on the mushrooms. They learn things from a different perspective, they feel spiritual etc.

How would a monkey behave? I'm sure beyond sure that it would be a learning experience. Perhaps for the monkey as well.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

(read my previous post)

The brain on mushrooms gets slightly inflamed and compressed in the skull. The body has a way of compensating when things change.

HYPOTHESIS: What if the mushrooms compression of the brain was similar to making a microchip smaller? The brain gets pressed and maybe just maybe it does something interesting...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xylene Valued Senior Member

This is probably a lost cause, but I'll explain the current theory about why the original ancestors of humans and apes began to evolve along seperate lines; prior to ca. 8 million years ago, there was a continuous forest environment running east-west right across the African tropical belt, roughly 10 degrees either side of the equator--which was about where it is now in relation to the current position of Africa, which hasn't changed all that much in the intervening time.

Anyway, about 8 mya the Rift Valley started forming, and the resulting enormous ditch had two main effects;
    1) The population of apes had been not too different from each other up to that point because interbreeding between groups had been relatively easy. With the Rift Valley in the way, the eastern and western ape-populations were divided from each other, and started breeding among themselves.
    2) Because the rainfall patterns were totally disrupted by the formation of the Rift Valley, the east of Africa dried out remarkably, leading to more open country and much less forest cover. Hence the ancestors of the human race, who sprang from the eastern group, had to adapt accordingly, both physically and socially.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

dont know about monkeys but,
    Ive seen a movie where a cat was given LSD and it got scared and tried to run away when it saw a mouse!
    drugs just fk up the brain,nothing spiritual about it.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Do you have any concrete, substantiating evidence for all of that, or are you just repeating the "party line" that has been repeated thousands of times before by others who also didn't have any concrete, substantiating evidence for it?

Or is this something like ....If you say it enough, and loud enough and to enough people, then it must be true! Doesn't seem very scientific, but whatever floats yer' boat, I guess.

Baron Max

9. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Hilarious, I'm going to write this down so I can read it when ever I need a laugh. Man, this is classic.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

What you always have to remember is that people like Felon think that scientists have the same level of intelligence and moral integrity as they do. On that basis you can reach some pretty warped (and amusing) conclusions.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

We would expect (and hope) that you pray to your god every single waking moment to make sure you have nothing to do with evolution and that your god "creates" your offspring.

Amen.

12. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Well, Felon, I can see that you certainly did not "waste" any time trying to read, reflect upon, comprehend or even attempt to understand any of what I or others have invested considerable effort in posting. We were apparently operating under the premise that you are suffering from ignorance rather than complete and outright bias, but your "myth" statement clearly belies this. It is obvious that you will never "spontaneously come up with any answers to anything". Frankly, if I were you I don't think I would even try coming up with any answers at all, spontaneously or otherwise. Leave that sort of thing to people with functioning brains, such as Darwin. Oh wait, you have already elected to follow that course, haven't you? I am truly sorry for any inconvenience that you may have experienced through exposure to logic and common sense.

Warped is putting it mildly. I agree with your conclusion that Felon thinks his intelligence level is on par with that of respected scientists - if he can't come up with any "spontaneous" answers, how could anyone else possibly do so? Presumably, he believes Prometheus stole fire from Zeus for mankind's benefit. Lucky for us, because surely no mere mortal could ever harness fire on his own. In fact, I'm not even sure Felon could strike a match by himself. As you pointed out, at least it's amusing...

13. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Actually, I would hope that nothing at all "creates" his offspring, which I imagine is your point. I just do not understand why people have such a hard time distinguishing amongst evolution, abiogenesis and mankind "descending" from apes. Most elementary school children are capable of easily grasping the basic principles of natural selection. Provided, of course, that said children haven't already been corrupted by the sort of drivel that Felon and his ilk spout.

14. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Damn. I thought we'd managed to hush that up.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, you mean the Religion of Evolution's "party line" and/or main propaganda line? ...the one where there's no proof of anything, yet you're all expected to believe the suppositions and assumptions that scientists put forth?

If you believe in the theory of evolution, and in fact are avid believers as you seem to be, then you should simply provide concrete, substantiating proofs of those theories. Not assumptions, not suppositions, not wild, unfounded speculation, but concrete, scientific proof.

If you can't provide scientific proof, then evolution is simply your belief ...in much the same way as a religious belief.

Baron Max

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You still haven't actually done any research on this, have you? The proof is out there. Go find it.

17. Roman Banned Banned

Baron, you have no idea how science works.

If I showed you this picture:

Would you know that this is the structure of the molecule:

Why or why not?

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Rift Valley hypothesis as explanation for the rise of bi-pedalism has not been proven. Evolution by natural selection, however, is proven by concrete evidence.

19. Clucky Registered Senior Member

Baron: What proof would substantiate evolution for you? I myself, and others besides, have explained the evidence, even linking you to sites that reference their material in some cases, yet you still claim that we just recycle random speculation. Well what would Baron, what would, make evolution viable for you? We can't show you evidence if you refuse to do a little reading yourself, continually covering your ears when we do so. There are huge swathes of transitional fossils, observed incidents of speciation and scientific research into the subject. You see there I am recycling the party line, but I will happily link you if you can be considerate enough to read what I show you. Without that assurance, I don't think any of us can be bothered.

You aren't offering an alternative, nor are you raising any sensical questions that can't be answered with a little research.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Evolution of a species has been proven, I agree. But one species evolving into another, totally different species is not proven by any stretch of the imagination (of which evolutionists have plenty of!).

And as I asked before, where are the fossils of the transitional species (or animals)? Someone said that fossils are hard to find. Yet they seem to find enough to make fantastic assumptions to "prove" evolution theory! And there should be far, far more of the transitional fossils than anything esle. Where the hell are they?

Baron Max

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I think a nice line-up of fossils showing the stages of, say, a fish changing slowly into a gorilla would be quite nice. A series of transitional changes from one specie to the next in fossil form would certainly go a long ways toward a scientific proof.

What is it now ...whoever has the best guess wins some contest?? I thought this was about science and the scientific methods ...not a bunch of wild guesses and speculations.

I've read enough about evolution to know that a specie will change over time. Hell, we see that in the breeding of dogs and horses, etc. But we've never seen a breeding program that changes a fish into a gorilla. And all the reading I've don on the subject provides nothing except someone's speculations or guesses. That's not how science works.

Baron Max

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

baron are you stupid?
    have you never seen the genetic analysis of species and how its possable to tell how long ago they branched off because of there genetic profile.

Scratch that, just rembered you are a child of the US education system, you probably HAVEN'T seen that evidence.

If you have then do you think god is like a cartoon writer, ie they reuse the same shot to save money and i surpose you must think god's subcontractors did the same right?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Not only has evolution from one species to another been observed, it can be reproduced in the lab! There are many, many, many examples of fossils that represent the transition from one kind of animal to another. For instance, the evolution of the horse has many transitional representations in fossils. But then again, all individual creatures represent a transition between one form and another. It only appears fractured to us, since fossil formation is relatively rare. Those forms that may seem superficially the same to us might be separate species. Without DNA, there is no way to know for sure.