If Superpowers Were Real...

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Arne Saknussemm, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

I found a really interesting group of short videos which discuss if superpowers were real. Please let us know what you think. Anything to add? After wathing this one on immortality, you can click on any of the six at the end and learn more.

[video=youtube;uvMiz0-nPxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvMiz0-nPxs[/video]​

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Superpowers do exist. Belief in happiness does things. Logic, reason..both superhuman.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Sure would like to give it a go

I would be extremely wealthy

Therefore could get into , replacement limb tech. , propulsion tech . , materials tech. , nutrition advances , computer tech. , and many other ologies

I'm in , for my self it sure would be FUN

river

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I have an honest to goodness superpower...

It's called "Common Sense".

At least, it's so gorram rare anymore that it may as well BE a superpower...

8. river

Fair enough

But this thread is about the imagination

And I enjoy the freedom of my imagination towards this thread

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Hehe, no problem

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If I could have a superpower from a comic book... I think it's a three way tie:

Katherine Anne "Kitty" Pryde (aka Shadowcat) has the ability to "phase" out of reality, letting her walk / move through solid matter via Quantum Tunneling... and can take other things or people with her. I'd love that one... stuck in rush hour traffic? HAH! Not anymore!

Professor X's telepathy... well... yeah, pretty obvious choice there.

The last one is a bit less... common? Deadpool's ability to "break the fourth wall" would be phenomenal... someone unloads a full machine gun on me and punches me full of holes? I simply step to the left (out of my bullet riddled outfit) and into a new outfit, and I'm "all better". I mean... c'mon, that is some kinda badass!

10. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

@Kittamaru
    you ain't kiddin' neither, Browncoat!

Let's see... they forgot about smell...
    and a few other things in that video...

I would try it in a heartbeat, but not for the reasons that most would expect...

I would want to be the test subject for long term space exploration. And I would want to visit another solar system/galaxy/etc...
    I would also want to go back to work as an investigator and catch bad guys

sounds mundane, true, but it is my passion. My Serenity

11. river

of course lasers would put a hole through you , ex-badass !!!!

ah the military based future , so typical , what future movie doesn't have the military involved , although this institution has its place

for an individual , the journey would be Fun

12. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

Does it have to be just ONE? or can you pick a couple?

I think if I had a single choice, I would choose Wolverine's capabilities...
    if i could add anything else, I would choose invisibility for stealth, Cloak's ability to transport through the darkness of his cloak as well as use it to cleanse others... and Pprof. x's ability to manipulate the mind...

there is also a lesser known hero that was locally known as Chaos... he was called many things, but he actually never claimed a name at all... he was "different"...

13. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I wish my superpower would be the ability to cook.