If sea serpents (dragons) exist, would they be hard to find?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by SarahEllard, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahEllard Registered Member

Assuming these dragons are air-breathing reptiles as well. Many sightings of sea serpents take place very close to shores in shallow, coastal waters, and some sightings involve them chasing sea lions, or killing manatees. I just saw a blurry video allegedly showing a sea serpent attacking manatee, and land is shown to be within a couple of meters...so not exactly the deep ocean, but places where sea lions and manatees frequent.

Would we have a lot of clear photographic evidence of them? Shots of them from drones, underwater camera footage, satellite photos, bodies washing up, attention from scientists going to study them, etc?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Things that exist are easier to find than things that don't exist.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

That's sort of the final nail in the coffin for Bigfoot, alien UFO's, dragons, the Loch Ness Monster etc. All of them had blurry photographs taken decades ago, and the excuse for the blurriness was "well, few people are there and even fewer have cameras, and I just saw it for a second, and I didn't have my camera ready etc etc." Today there are thousands of times more cameras out there; most people in the US carry one with them at all times, turned on and ready to go. And they are much, much better in terms of resolution, low light ability and stabilization. So if any of those things really did exist we would now have thousands of pictures of them.

We don't. We still have the same blurry excuse-ridden photos.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SarahEllard Registered Member

billvon, I'm interested in what you have to say to this video. It has me a little stumped..

8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Well, what do you know? Another blurry video of some sea creature or other, with no details of where it was taken, when, or any other details to help anyone explain it. Videos like this must be all over the internet. They are almost wholly uninformative.

But probably an orca or some variety of small whale. It could be almost any large marine animal. (You can see the water is very shallow here, by the way the sediment is stirred up when the creature moves violently. If it were a whale, it would probably be disorientated.

But unremarkable - apart from the panicky reaction of the woman on board the boat.

P.S. Do you know anybody called Faceurchin, by the way? Or Jimmyrigger? Or Frank Baker?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. billvon Valued Senior Member

Looks like a smallish whale.

10. candy Valued Senior Member

We do find creatures that were thought to be extinct and new ones that we did not know existed. All things are possible but what has regularly been claimed to have been seen should leave a trail of evidence.

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

A smallish black whale with white markings, no less.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

That's true.

But:

If you hear hoofbeats, expect horses, not unicorns.

exchemist likes this.
  13. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Looks like either an Orca or a Sea Dragon.

14. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

How many sea serpent threads do you have to start?

I am closing this one, since the one with the video that you posted (and then posted the same video in this thread..) already exists and has been moved to a more appropriate sub-forum. I will be merging the other two you already started.

Please cease and desist in spamming new threads with the same subject matter and in the wrong sub-forum to boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.