If no WMDs are used in war, war was wrong

Discussion in 'World Events' started by jps, Mar 22, 2003.

1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

YOU sir, seem like a reasonable individual. Well put.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Sadly, I would wager that you're absolutely correct. There is almost surely a contingency plan in place: "operation - oh shit I fucked up".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"Sounds like a typical leftist perspective. Bury your head in the sand and pretend that the world is exactly how you think it should be. Why in the HELL do you think that is proof? He didn't use them so he doesn't have them? That's simply idiotic."

Yes. We can't find them and he won't use them. But he has them. It's obvious to anyone not impaired by leftist ideology that Saddam is hiding contraband in another dimension, using secret technology. We must find and capture Saddam's transmogrifrangellator now. Who knows what else he's hiding down the blackrabbithole. Orange Alert!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Though our political differences are obvious, I must admit.. that was pretty funny!

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Always happy to entertain you, Wes

9. SuperFudd Registered Senior Member

"Given that this war is allegedly being fought over Iraq's alleged possession of WMD, if Iraq does not use WMD in this war, then it follows that they didn't have them and proves that the war was unjustified."

WWII Germany had chemical weapons but did not use them if only because they knew we had them also.

Now that I think of it, WWII Japan had chemical and maybe biological weapons but did not use them against US forces. Same reason I supose.

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I must admit this discussion is silly and moot. It's just been a patheticly quiet evening on sciforums. G'nite everyone.

11. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: If no WMDs are used in war, war was wrong

We should also bear in mind that our illustrious leaders do not necessarily tell us, the general public, all the facts. The fact that they know a lot more, via Intelligence, than they tell us is believed by me, for one.

12. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

Oh, I'm sure they are capable of such, but my point was that if they do legitimately find WMDs most everyone that has condemned the US to date will make the assumption that they planted them regardless.

13. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

A strange day

This is freaking me out dude, I absolutely agree with you. Right on. Hehe, the common ground might be kind of uh, of limited acreage... but at least it exists eh? Nice.

14. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

It was mentioned on the radio 24 hours ago that one of these sites had been "secured" but if so, why has it not been shown to the world?

15. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Hmm... that just made me wonder if Sadaam has spent the last month putting all of his effort into finally destroying all of his WMDs such that he can let us jack his country all up as an investment in international sympathy after he escapes from under the US invasion. Ack.

16. jps Valued Senior Member

Re: Re: If no WMDs are used in war, war was wrong

scud missiles are hardly weapons of mass destruction.
    You'll note that I said "allegedly" in my post. That is the reason that we have been given. There are a lot of countries where people are oppressed that the US government couldn't care less about.

If Saddam has WMD, but hes not willing to use them even when his defeat is assured and his country is being invaded then I can't imagine what he would use them for. I'll admit that the fact that he doesn't use them now doesn't prove anything, its possible that he was dumb enough to leave them lieing around near the border with kuwait where the US marines were going to come in first or in an above ground complex that we bombed and we stopped him before he was able to use them, but that seems highly unlikely to me. Saddam's been in power a long time. He may be crazy but he's not stupid.

17. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: If no WMDs are used in war, war was wrong

SCUDs are NOT WMD's - they are the means of delivery. The WMD is the potential payload.

18. jps Valued Senior Member

yeah, thats what i said.

19. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

We are attacking him for a number of reasons, possible wmds constitute only one of many.

20. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Absolutely. Only one of many reasons.

21. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

So many reasons, none of which are compelling= hidden agenda.

22. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

looks like your premise was pretty wrong there. according to fox news (and I'm sure everyone else by now) the US stumbled onto a 100 acre chemical weapons factory.

23. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Saw that one. Do you suppose the UN can now find the courage to help with our effort?