If ghosts are real, what kind of matter makes up a ghost?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by joepistole, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Lexi Registered Member

maybe they are just made of light?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well they are supposed to be able to move objects and touch people. So they would have to be more than photons.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nucleosynthesis Registered Member

ghosts and dark matter

this website goes into some details: dapla.org

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It does if you're a fan of crank "theories".

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

Ah, see, the OP does contain a caveat if . Ghosts aren't real. Take the aforementioned 'ghosthunter' type TV progs. Why do they run around filming with night vision cameras? Ghosts clearly no longer have eyes, so why do they allegedly only come out when it's dark, albeit bathed in Infra Red for the cameras to pick up?

Ah, the simple answer, is that they don't, that's just to spook the gullible humans who participate in such crap telly.

Take Derek Acorah, who used to be on a UK TV show;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW_ONN8odYs

Or in fact, any medium, they are all full of shit and ripping off gullible and vulnerable people. I don't quite know how these bullshit merchants evade prosecution under trading standards laws to be honest.

10. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

In truth television hasn't always seemed to be about Entertainment as an Emphasis over Education. This means that fiction is catered to far more than fact, especially in the instance of "ghosts". Still some people do like to believe in them and feel special about seeing one, who's to rain on their ego parade.

11. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

ghosts are probably just carbon monoxide poisoning or problems in your visual cortex

12. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I always thought ghosts were made of pixels.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(Pac-Man reference)

13. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

14. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Fields, perhaps.

15. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

It's simple...They are made of "mind" matter... Since people that say they see ghosts, really only see them in their minds. Yes, I have seen the BS shows on TV that show white swirls, and "phantom's". Of course, we all know that you can do that crap on your own PC. I consider myself open-minded, but really....I am in my mid 40's, I have never seen anything, that wasn't rationally explained. I'm not saying I'm closed minded, just have never seen the "unexplained". So, until then, in my opinion, I call bullshit! ( some of you may know the game, it goes back quite a few years). But then again, I kinda sorta believe aliens "may" exist, so, who knows for sure.. Like I said, just an opinion..
    Gremmie

16. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

we beleive in djins, that are not actually ghosts, but, they are intelligent beings like us, but more deevloped like us, and they can come to our diuniverce ,, and they live in another univerce, they live in a parallele univerceto ours, and on the same earth, but they existed before us, and they are more developed than us, and our univerce, is forbidden to them, but still they can come, and come, to our univerce.

17. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Why People Believe Invisible Agents Control the World by Michael Shermer

Sorry. Newbies...no links allowed.

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Ghosts are psionic assassins from the Terran Confederacy and Terran Dominion.

20. John99 Banned Banned

I dont know about the carbon monoxide part but i can certainly attest to the latter.

I have experienced many smoky figures, form what i can tell in the farthest extents of my visual field though. And soon after i realized i had a vision issue. This is pretty much acknowledged though. In addition to smoky orb type figures i also saw some glowing streaks and split second flashes.

21. John99 Banned Banned

And of course this is around the age where people USUALLY 'see ghosts' - 30s and up, which coincides with people developing some visiiopn problem.

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Really?
    There's studies been done on age vs. frequency of seeing ghosts?
    Link please.

23. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Bosonic string theory predicts unphysical particle states called 'ghosts'.