If created perfect as scriptures say, why would we need salvation?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Aug 5, 2013.

1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

@ Greatest;

All that matters are actions. People can say they are moral, believe in God...bla bla bla
    If they lie, don't treat ppl equitably, etc...I could care less what they say.
    Words mean zip to me anymore, unless the walk backs up the talk.

Sadly. Not always the case.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I called myself Robert and latter that was changed to BOB which I have now been told is the anagram for "Battery Operated Boy". I swear I'm innocent even when others make fun of my name.

I did not know this anagram meaning before today. Is that funny or not!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arauca Banned Banned

He believes in the only one God of Abraham, Izak and Jacob, He was a very humble and generous man

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Duh. To open ended question where I don't know the issue, ---- for sure.
    I duck and run from such stupidity.

If you are going to be stupid I will ignore your sorry ass.

Regards
    DL

8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

A humble man who embraced human sacrifice. That does not sound like I want to be humble.

No. We definitely do not share the same moral values.

I do not believe in punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.

How many here do if I may ask?

How many believers here would cut their child throat?

Regards
    DL

9. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

It wouldn't have taken a genius to find out who Arauca was talking about. I personally don't care if you do ignore me.

10. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

More than 120,000 people were willing to take and apply for training to take a one way trip to Mars. Now that is just about as bad as cutting your child's throat. I'd imagine there were some believers among that lot.

11. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

How so!

12. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Well you are not going to be here to fed them are you. And starving someone is the slang for cutting their throat. With their throat cut they swallow but the food doesn't get into their stomachs.
    I know it is a bit obscure but so was the original question: "How many believers here would cut their child's throat?".

13. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

I don't think for one second that those people who wished to go on the Mars trip were going to abandon their children to fend for themselves.
    So it is nothing like cutting a child's throat.
    And a bit obscure that would be an understatement.

Also believers have killed their children on many many occasions for numerous silly religious reasons. A believer given the right motivation IE he believed it was what God or Jesus wanted, he would kill his family without a second thought.
    So the original question was not obscure in the least.

14. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

So if you were a believer, in the right circumstances you would cut your child's throat; is that what you've just told us?

Or are you generalizing from an unbelievers point of view about the behaviour of Christians (believers) you know of?

Who the Hell is going to come on this forum and admit to the willingness to cut their child's throat! Can a question like that be answered?

15. arauca Banned Banned

What the hell are you talking about , Who is cutting throat ? who is making human sacrifice , were do you get this bull ? Abraham originally was a pagan like his father Tara, question ? Did Abraham cut the throat or not . The point is God did not allow him to cut the throat to make a human sacrifice.

16. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I think the image we get of Abraham with his hand raised ready to cut Isaac's throat is one that has stuck in my mind as pretty dam terrifying. It unsettles me. No matter of how nicely the story is told after that the damage to my brain has been done.
    http://www.reformation.org/abraham-isaac3.jpg

I can't imagine anyone just lying there ready to take that!

17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

The point was his readiness to do evil for a God who was doing evil with his demand for blood.

The point is that he completed his infanticide with his own son needlessly.

The point is that that God is a prick.

Regards
    DL

18. arauca Banned Banned

I think part of the story is an example to give us as to how faithful Abraham was . If any thing I would look at it parallel to Yasua asking Peter " do you love me " and Probably Abraham took upon himself to show God how far would he go ( Abraham )

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes. As far as to sell his soul to Satan as only a satanic God would indicate to a man that it is somehow good to murder your own child. Sacrifice is not the word to use here.

Regards
    DL

20. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

If sacrifice is not the word to use........................

Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    A humble man who embraced human sacrifice. That does not sound like I want to be humble.

No. We definitely do not share the same moral values.

I do not believe in punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.

Did Yashua punish anybody ?
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    How many here do if I may ask?

How many believers here would cut their child throat?

You would not find any in this society
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////
    Regards
    DL

21. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

No! not I. I'm a humanist first and foremost. However believers have and do kill there own children for there god/gods.
    No! Not generalising, all believers have the potential of killing their children given the right motivation. Be they of any religious persuasion. They have already accepted one erroneous belief for no good reason, so they are susceptible to any other erroneous belief.
    I've personally have heard out of believers mouths that they would kill their children for their god, these being everyday religious people on streets, forums, tv shows etc.. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r... told them too&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...lla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr

No that isn't the point, the point is you do what your god wants or suffer the consequences. Also! Lets not forget Jephthah NIV Judges 11 - 29 Then the Spirit of the Lord came on Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites. 30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: ‘If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.’ and later 34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, ‘Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the Lord that I cannot break.’ and the deed was done 38 ‘You may go,’ he said. And he let her go for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.

It is pointless trying to get people to get the point when they are blinkered. Don't you think.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

geeser

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
    Jonathan Swift

Regards
    DL

23. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

That's where Ben Goldacre got his quote, he plagiarized it, this is his. “You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into.” - Ben Goldacre bad science. Same meaning different formation. I knew I'd seen it before.