If atheism makes you mean why does religion turn people into killers?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Nov 30, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're kidding right? Its because such fanatics nauseate me that I cannot see any understanding of Zionism. Is there anything in the world more fanatical than occupying a land because God gave it to you 4000 years ago? Having a racist right of return for foreigners while displacing native inhabitants on the basis of religion? I find it quite odd that the Palestinians are considered fundies here, while the Israelis are considered democrats. Would you accept the policies of the Jewish state in your own country?

No I can see no understanding of zionism, like I can see none of any system of apartheid, including the caste system.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So, you move where your people already are, then you are attacked by nationalistic Arabs, so you defend yourself and exclude your enemies. What's fanatical about that?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So, would you accept the policies of the Jewish state in your country?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Depends on context and history. Although I admit there are religious fanatics among the Jews living in Israel, the rationale for the state doesn't depend on religion whatsoever.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yes it does. There is no rationale for the Balfour agreement except that of the religion of the Jews. There is no rationale for zionism outside of Judaism.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nonsense, they are a coherent people that are often targeted for violence, it makes sense for them to be independent.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I suggest that if you are thrown out of every bar, its time to stop blaming the barmen. I think, if nothing else, Israel has shown that Jews treat other people as bad as, if not worse, than they have been treated. So really, they have no cause for complaint and should examine the basis for their own ethnocentrism.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I blame the barman. No one has been treated worse, if you think so, you are ignorant of history. Religion teaches people that those of other religions are evil. Otherwise, it would be difficult to keep the churchgoers in line, nothing to threaten them with. The passion plays taught people that Jews killed their savior.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think if you are consistently treated as an outsider, its because you behave like one. Just look at the Palestinians today. They have lived through 5000 years of history, through the Judaic, Roman and Crusader occupations. What makes the Jews so special? What makes an atheist identify himself as a race with a religion? It would be like a Christian atheist fighting the Crusades or a Muslim atheist fighting the jihad. There is racism here and its not pretty.

13. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

I see so your constant whining about atheists is a displacement activity for your unwillingness to do anything about the fundies within your own religion, and some of the intractible fundie stances of theirs that you have adpoted for yourself.

I'm beginning to understand you SAM

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You must be right. The Palestinian rejection of having their land given away to Europeans by Europeans and the Jewish unwillingness to consider the right of the Palestinians to decide who lives on their land is a fundie Muslim position. I'm sure the British [athiests] do it very differently.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Jews are no different, they lived through the same things. Some of them sought refuge in places other than the greater Middle East.

As for me, It wasn't a choice, it's just that most of my family in the present and past happened to be Jewish.

The Arabs had conflicts with other Arab tribes, many of them ending in some form of genocide, so the Jewish/Palestinian thing only gets attention because the Jews are wrongly percieved as outsiders.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  17. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Hmm..Interesting. Don't we already do Eugenics through IVF/Sperm donation ?
    Besides, there is nothing wrong with human Eugenics, because to make us exempt from the procedures we apply to other living things is hypocritical.. But hey, we're used to it right ?

He was still weak and resorted to violence to meet his ends. He is one case, compare to the dozen religious nutjobs in America who go around hating blacks and gays.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I wonder how many of those are eugenecists. What do you think would happen if these people were atheists?

19. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I hope that never happens.
    But again, I doubt it is that simple.
    Economic, political, and social scenarios, can reach to such points that such actions could possibly take place, and be justified.
    This killer may not have been directly told by one person, but something must have clicked with him, to make him act in that way.

jan.

20. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't know any religious people who would go as far as to kill someone becuause they disagree with them. Your statement is totally misleading, and quite dangerous.

Atheist tend to see themselves as the higher authority, or people who represent atheism in high places.

This nutjob killer described himself as a "godlike atheist", the "natural selector". He, and the columbine killer, have followers, people who idolise them. Do you think their followers are atheist?

jan.