If a man is raped by a woman...

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lepustimidus, Jul 21, 2008.

?

Should a raped man have to pay child support to his offspring?

1. Yes

3.2%
  2. No

90.3%
  3. Other/Don't know

6.5%
  1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

no these two posts,

then there is also the victorian crimes act 1958 section 38

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Unforunately, I have little time to devote to SF these days, but a quick Google search turned these up (I did not try to track back and verify sources):

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2007/11/30/alimony-to-the-murderous-mom-and-child-support-to-the-female-rapist-franz-kafka-real-life-has-outdone-ya/ Viewed July 25 at 12:15 AM EST
    http://mensnewsdaily.com/2007/11/30/alimony-to-the-murderous-mom-and-child-support-to-the-female-rapist-franz-kafka-real-life-has-outdone-ya/ Viewed July 25 at 12:15 AM EST

Next Case:
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.child-support/browse_thread/thread/364d4bbf2bf4cfd5/41e656fa0ba4df68?lnk=raot Viewed at d12:18AM July 25, 2008
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.child-support/browse_thread/thread/364d4bbf2bf4cfd5/41e656fa0ba4df68?lnk=raot Viewed at d12:18AM July 25, 2008

http://truthformen.wordpress.com/2007/10/25/wrongly-convicted-man-sued-for-child-support/ Viewed 12:20 AM EST. July 25, 2008
    http://truthformen.wordpress.com/2007/10/25/wrongly-convicted-man-sued-for-child-support/ Viewed 12:20 AM EST. July 25, 2008

And while not directly on point as far as child support, here is another rape story against a man. This does happen folks! It may not be, nay, it is not as prevalent as male on female rape, but don't kid yourself, it does happen. And, the kicker is, yes, if the chickie gets pregnant, after raping the man, legally, she has a good chance of collecting child support. It's all part of "male privilege", ya know?

http://www.lasiksightplus.com/lasiknews8.html Viewed at 12:25 AM, EST, July 25, 2008
    http://www.lasiksightplus.com/lasiknews8.html Viewed at 12:25 AM, EST, July 25, 2008

But, this is all fair and equitable, right? Or maybe we will here the "statistically insignificant" argument. Or perhaps the whole concept will be dismissed out of hand as "ludicrous". Should be great. What, are we supposed to "man up" here?

Also, I noticed a reference by someone, maybe our man Tiassa, as to what "precautions' a man should take to prevent this sort of thing from happening, assuming that we grant the existence of the issue in the first place.

My answer to that one is very easy. The same f**cking precautions that women should take! Don't drink to excess in unsafe places, etc. What constitutes unsafe places? Use common sense people, those are the boundaries. It's not wizardry, it's just every day horse sense. Should we, women or men, have to take these precautions? Of course not, we shouldn't have to, but we live in reality, and reality, at least my reality, dictates that we observe / use common sense. Period.

How can this be so heretical?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I didn't say it was impossible, anything's possible. I just said, as you did, that it sounds absurd. Furthermore, I'd bet that many cases that would be considered rape or at least sexual asault by females is just considered good fun by most men.

Ever been to a strip bar? What's the rule? No touching the female strippers. She can touch you, you can't touch her. Now I've never been to a strip bar with male strippers, but from what I heard, they have the opposite rule. The female patrons are free to grope the male strippers at will.

Men and women are just different. Even if a woman is in to dominating and humiliating a man; rather than try to rape someone, she could probably get some guy to pay her to be a dominatrix.

So, yes. A woman raping a man is technically possible and may even occur from time to time. But it's really a man bites dog situation.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

not really mad, what about a gay guy who is raped?

as i stated before its estimated that 1 in 8 men will or have been raped at some time in there life as compared to 1 in 4 women

now the majority of rapes will be peritrated by men but not all, men are more likly to be raped by women acording to the artical i posted though it didnt have statistics

8. draqon Banned Banned

men or women are more likely to inflict damage on themselves before any damage is done by others.

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

You're talking about a man raping a man? Of course that can happen. It's a big part of the deterent effect of prison. I was talking about a woman raping a man.
    Do you have data that breaks that down by age? I'd bet that less than 1% of those male rape victims were victimized as adults by women. Most were probably victims of child molestation.

10. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Asguard, I appreciate what you are saying here, but on topic, the gay guy getting raped (presumably by other guys) doesn't exactly have to worry about paying child support, does he? The crime is still horrendous, but unless maybe I misread part of the thread, aren't we talking about the inequity of a man being forced to pay child support even if he was forced against his will to conceive a child?

And, more generally, isn't it about the unfair and disproportionate application of penalties and punishment to male rapists vs. female rapists? Some people can not even conceive of a female rapist. That's ludicrous, especially if you apply the same standards established in the recent debate - "non consensual sex is rape".

Imagine rape that you then pay for for eighteen years. Talk about adding insult to injury...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

One more...

http://www.halfsigma.com/2008/04/punishing-the-v.html Viewed at 2:07 AM EST July 25, 2008
    http://www.halfsigma.com/2008/04/punishing-the-v.html Viewed at 2:07 AM EST July 25, 2008

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

sorry i left off the vital end of my sentance for some reason.

i ment to say "what about a gay guy who is raped by a women, even if aroused to the point of ejaculation are you really trying to say that he wasnt raped"

as for the percentages i have no idea, every time i search i find different statistics because this area is so under reported

acording to the The National Crime and Safety Survey of 2002 the figures were 0.1 percent of men and 0.4 percent of women over the age of 18 reported being raped but as i said acurate statistics are dam near impossable to find

the other artical makes no sence how can 1 in 6 children become 1 in 8 people across there whole life time, you would have to have negitive rape, those figures have to be just adults otherwise this doesnt make sence

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

here is an interesting question, has a rapist ever won custody of the product of that rape? if not why dont these fathers aplie for sole custody and then put the kid up for adoption if they chose?

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i dont know if these have already been posted or are real cases and i cant be bothered tracking them down but while searching for the answer to my above question i found this:

i really liked *sarcastic* the one where the state ordered the rape victom to pay the state for looking after the product of that rape because the rapist was in prision. Really encorages victoms to come forward doesnt it

15. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

16. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

I'd really love you to prove that 1 in 4 women are raped.

17. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I do agree with the rest of your post, but this? I don't know about everyone else, but adrenaline does not make me horny.

18. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Adrenaline is produced while you are aroused by any condition, actually. And truth be told adrenalin doesn't make you feel anything, what you feel can trigger adrenalin releases.

19. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually if our court systems were fair and just, full and sole custody would automatically be granted to the raped parent. The rapist would be stripped of all parental rights to a child born of a rape, but would be responsible for child support. In no way should a rapist be allowed to collect child support as that would be profiting from a crime.

To all you judges saying that that isn;t in the best interest of the child, grow up. if that child is left in the home of a rapist, obviously you were not too interested in the child's welfare. If the child is in the foster care system just treat it as parent unknown. Billing a rape victim for childsupport of a child created of rape is much like shooting someone, letting the wound almost heal and opening it every month just for giggles.

20. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Really? Maybe you just haven't had a good enough adrenaline rush yet. That effect is quite well known and real.

It makes sense, too. From an evolutionary perspective. In times of danger, we need higher fertility to repopulate once the danger passes.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i dont think people quite realise that there is another option from fight or flight that adreniline causes and thats freeze. its something i have experianced when i witnessed a motorcycle acident a while ago. you litterally cant move, i wanted to go and help but i couldnt move. now if this occurs during a rape it really doesnt matter how strong or weak the person being raped is, there body itself wont let them do anything

22. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I've had a pretty immense adrenaline rush form downhill, and yes I did get horny a while afterwards, but I assumed that was because you produce some sex hormone from your adrenal glands, not the actual adrenaline though....? Correct me if I'm talking crap...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  23. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member