If a man is raped by a woman...

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lepustimidus, Jul 21, 2008.

?

Should a raped man have to pay child support to his offspring?

1. Yes

3.2%
  2. No

90.3%
  3. Other/Don't know

6.5%
  1. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

And did they get pregnant and then prove paternity and then seek child support?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure if you include me in the retards, but my point was not that men cannot be raped by women. I am sure it happens, though incredibly rarely. However that the man gets raped, the woman gets pregnant, she manages to prove paternity and then goes to court to force him to pay child support....

That sounds rather exceptional. What do you see as the point of this thread?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Of course not, for fuck's sake! I don't know why you even felt the need to ask this. Common morality would tell us he should not have to pay for a child he was forced to father against his will.

As for the people in here who are asking how a man can be raped.....ngh, there's no delicate way to phrase this...you do know that men regularly get erections while under REM sleep?

I want to kill her, I really do, that's such a sick thing to do to someone.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Just as likely? I don't think so: we're talking about exceptional cases here.

In some ways it would be harder for a man to come to terms with. Gender-reversed rape is similar to domestic violence in that it somehow emasculates the man in the eyes of those around him. Rape is normally a display of strength, aggression and sexual appetite - stereotypically male qualities. It's because of this that it is estimated that there are a fair few unreported cases out there; perhaps even victims who don't know they are victims.

We all need to be a bit more understanding. The virago and the timid male have become caricatures to be laughed at, while we would never find an abused and beaten woman funny under any circumstances.

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Completely agree. What the fuck makes abuse funny when it's a male victim? He's still a human being, for fuck's sake.

9. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I have heard of a case where a woman was so desperate for a baby that she collected stolen semen from men to do it. That isn't exatly rape, but the child would still be theirs. Victims should not have to be held responsible for the actions of the ones who hurt them. Bringing a third party into it (the child) is even worse. People can be so terrible.

10. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

I'm just wondering how common you seem to think it is for a man to rape a woman, when you attempt to downplay women raping men by saying oh but it is just rare...

11. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Ah come on. It is FAR more common for men to rape women than vice versa. That's not misandry, that's a FACT. Grow some fucking skin. He was not downplaying it, just stating the fact that it is rare.

What the fuck satisfies you that people are not misandrists? It seems that anyone who is not ranting at the top of their lungs about how women are the oppressors must be a misandrist, according to you.

12. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Just like it is FAR more common for men to be apart of non-reciprocal interpersonal violence towards women?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I was not referring to 'interpersonal violence' (what a stupid term, of course it is 'interpersonal'. Are your intestines gonna have fights with each other???), I was talking about RAPE.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat - On sources and arguments

Mod Hat — On sources and arguments

Apparently I need to hover over this place and lead some people by the hand.

As I recall, sir, earlier this year when we tried communicating more directly, you mentioned something about university. I had thought you meant as a student, but that's my failure to clarify. For, surely, if you were a student, you would realize the value of being able to provide some sort of evidence to support your argument.

If a thread is not important enough to willingly provide some sort of example of what you are referring to without the whole contemptuous-bastard routine, then put it somewhere other than EM&J. Seriously, if it's not important to you, don't expect anyone else to take it seriously.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Stating the obvious

The moral of the story so far seems to be the same for women as it is for men: If you are raped, report the incident immediately.

Do not pass "Go". Do not collect $200. Do not have a drink, pop a pill, smoke a joint, take a shower. And certainly do not wait until a child is born to deny paternity on the grounds that you were raped.

In the meantime, how often does this actually happen?

No, a man who is raped should not have to pay child support.

16. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

My issue has been the relevence of the thread. Any women who rape men should be tried and put away. I am focused on the thread topic. Specifically its relevence. So far L has not produced even a single case.

Reading the thread title one might think either some men are being forced to pay child support in this situation or at least one man has
    or at least that the OP writer thinks this has or will happen.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  17. draqon Banned Banned

SimonAnders the womanizer
    Angrybellsprout the menanizer

lol

18. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I know you were playing, but I don't get the joke.

I think angrybellsprout is being strange. I think most men would find this thread strange. From sexist men to men who think men and women are equal to men who identify themselves as feminists.

Walk into any bar and ask the guys how many women are demanding child support from the man they raped
    and they will look at you funny.

19. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

But the thread is not simply about men being raped by a woman. It is a specific scenario.

Woman rapes man.
    Woman gets pregant.
    Woman proves paternity.
    Woman seeks child support.

Perhaps L really believes this is important. If you look at my first post on the rarity issue I said

This is hardly a demand for proof. I actually assume he knows it is incredibly rare and is 'up to something' - though I do not mean this in necessarily a negative way.

Should he respond that the scenario actually is common, I might take a different tack.

Notice that he mentions HOW FAST he could google his way to a case where a man was raped (but no mention of the pregnancy, paternity and demands for child support) as if google's speed at finding something might imply something about the incidence rate.

If I start a thread.

If an American citizen flies to France and is beaten by custom officials, should he pay for the bloodstains on their uniforms?

I at least expect there to be a specific example we are talking about. In thread like this one would generally expect it to be a general issue in some way.

OR.........

It is some kind of thought experiment or proves a point about some other issue.

I tried to clarify this issue with L.

The only response so far by him was aimed generally at the retards - notice Asguard: it was not aimed at those making unfair demands, but at retards - only describes one man who was raped by a woman.

I think your defense is too kind.

Both James and I have been trying to understand the relevence of something we consider incredibly rare.

So far he has not even asserted that it isn't rare. Nor has he explained his point.

I certainly don't think a raped man should pay child support for the child conceived during that rape. Perhaps I have assumed too much. Is he meeting a lot of resistance or controversy on this issue. I am quite sure James will back him up on this issue.

However

And....?

is the inevitable follow-up. What is he getting at?

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

ABS:

I think your data is badly skewed, probably deliberately.

What was the source?

How was "non-reciprocal violence" defined, exactly?

Please provide links.

21. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

This implies that you believe men being raped by women is not far less common. Is this what you believe?

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I've done a minimal amount of research, and quickly found a number of articles that dispute ABS's data (as I suspected they would).

Of particular interest is this one:

Incidence Rates of Violence Against Women: A Comparison of the Redesigned National Crime Victimization Survey and the 1985 National Family Violence Survey

A brief extract (but please read the whole thing):

And...

23. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Looks like James Retard can't figure out what the phrase non-reciprocal interpersonal violence means.

Then again this is the same retard who can't even look at a graphic and notice that the sources for said graphic are stated within the graphic itself.