Ie

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by sevenblu, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenblu feeling blu Registered Senior Member

IE stopped working a while ago, and I've never been happier. I use firefox and Opera now... but what sux is that IE is still broken and because it is incorperated into the browsers of REALPLAYER, Windows Media Player, iMesh, and more -- I can't use these progs to their full potential. REALPLAYER doesn't even work.

I've nearly given up on trying to fix IE... I think it's impossible without wiping away the whole hard drave and starign from scratch. It doesn't connect to the internet any more, a connection cannot be established. I've tried Ad-aware, Ad-watch, Spybot, evidence eliminator, hijack this, JV6 powertools, and a ton of other progs. I've re-installed and fixed IE a hundred times to no avail. Now I just want to figure out a way to bypass IE in Realplayer and all my other programs. If I can't, I'll probably have to buy another computer with my tax return.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

-$

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

If you install the Realplayer plugin for firefox it should work the same way as IE. The same with WMP and everything else. Good choice moving to Firefox.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

ROFL, you screw up IE, so you plan on buying another computer. I would suggest heading to the Apple Store and picking out a nice overpriced iMac!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vslayer Registered Senior Member

just reinstall your OS

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Whenever I HAD problems with IE with Win 98 I went to the add /remove programs, IE fix or repair, repaired itself then it seemed to fix the problem but I do remember I was doing that allot.

Since I have put in Win XP Professional I've had no problems with IE as of yet, 8 months now, so I think they might have solved whatever the "bugs" were.

9. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

10. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

"I'd suggest removing real completely"
    lol, yeah, real is the worst thing ever. I saw a pic on collegehumor.com where someone went to the corporate headquarters and put a sign under their logo that said, "buffering", I could not stop laughing.

11. Jinoda Registered Senior Member

12. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Hehe.

13. Naomi [oxiglycodextrosium] Registered Senior Member

Switch to Linux.

Become a geek. Strong, and proud.

14. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

Easier said than done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.