Identity Politics and Cultural Identity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bowser, Jun 21, 2017.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

They don't need to be, all they need to do is see liberals making fools of us all.

Fine then if your going to deny they were liberals, at the very least acknowledge them as non-trump voters?

I blame SJW identity politic liberals, or what ever you want to call them, for making fools of us all.

Oh that is easy: because dumbass white bigots vote. If we fail to sell ourselves to ENOUGH PEOPLE, then we lose. There is no other alternative for us at this present time, we can't get rid of the electoral college, we can't get ride of gerrymandering, we can't get rid of voter disinfranchisement, all we can do is try get more voters and to reduce votes for them. Now yes your counters is these people are a lost cause, aah no, nearly half the population does not even vote, swing voters are enough, and telling white swing voters they are dumbass white bigots costs use precious votes.

Well sorry, they are prominate ENOUGH.

Nope millions, MILLIONS of people that votes for Obama, turned around and voted trump.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub..._many_obama_2012_trump_2016_voters_were_there
    http://www.salon.com/2017/05/01/it-...-voters-to-donald-trump-democratic-firm-says/
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article147475484.html

yeah so? They always show up, it is the few precent of swing voters that make the diffrence, they are what matters.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Sure it is. In the case of a library, anyway - a safe space for reading and study and intellectual endeavor - quiet is necessary.
    The idea that advocating for common civility and human rights is "identity politics" is also false.
    When you light your cigarette in their Menorah candle flame, and they politely request that you not do that, do you get all pissy and break out the cigars to show them who's boss?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nonsense. Of course when I say "acknowledging historical oppression", that doesn't mean you have to say anything special, just be aware of it. This mostly comes into play when considering public policy.
    So I can hang out in congress and yell my thoughts at the lawmakers? I can go to church and advocate for atheism? I can go to an AA meeting and drink beer? I can get into the Republican National Convention wearing a Bernie Sanders t-shirt? The real world is full of special environments created for a specific purpose. The idea that all of college needs to be a safe space is a caricature of the concept. No one thinks that or wants that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

They can't see that by their own efforts - how would they know who was talking, or who was being made a fool of?
    That isn't shown, by that evidence.

Read it - allow for Rasmussen's known and consistent bias error, for example, and still we have this:
    "Skeptical" doesn't come close - that seven point difference wipes out the entire Obama-Trump swing vote, even before the non-voter correction is applied.
    And the non-voter correction is huge - Trump got a large number of first time and hardly ever voters, especially in the exact regions where the Obama-Trump swing was largest.

Then, after correcting your mistaken swing vote estimate, you can try dealing with the fact that voting for Obama does not indicate a "normal liberal voter". Someone who voted for W twice, Obama once, and then Trump, is not a "normal liberal voter", for example.

Or you can quit wasting your time like this altogether, and pay attention to an actually significant issue: the voting suppression and irregularities that cost Clinton tens of thousands of key votes in critical areas.
    No, they don't always show up. That's the most important factor of all - it swamps the swing vote.
    They seem to have made a fool of you, I'll give you that. The Republican voter doesn't seem to have much of a clue about them - but then, that voter isn't paying much attention to them.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Suck it up snowflake.

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Raw numbers are FACTS, if white supremacists are using facts and your ignore facts, then the problem is yours.

nervous, no, ignores and blames.

Discussing, no, outright blaming and ignoring. Here an example, WITHIN THE DEMOCRAT PARTY:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...l_white_people_when_to_shut_their_mouths.html

Also police brutallity is not an issue that impacts only nonwhites, and as long as it is protrayed as only impacting nonwhites, nothing will actually get done about it.

Well perhaps you need a diffrent word then "rapeculture" if you want to market your theories better.

This is not a arguement, just and accusation on your part.

Three examples of what, no links, no refrences, just some nebulus people you know?

You have made no argument here, merely attacked me.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Sorry. The world isn't a protected 'quiet space' and life doesn't provide a 'quiet space', to treat students as if they need a "quiet space" to do work is treating them as infants. If you can't handle that, you're not fit for the real world.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

That's your most bizarre claim to date.

What fact was that?

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

What do you want to do shut down all of social media?

Well sure the moon rocks could have been brought back by probes and the landings faked, it is possible, but unlikely. Likewise you also ignored the other links.

Jesus, you almost understand my point, I'm not talking about getting liberal voters, it is precisely the non-liberal voter I'm after, the millions of swing voters, the millions that don't vote, just a few percent of them wins us the election by good margins.

Yeah, and? How do we stop that, give me a solution!

Bullshit, the last several presidential elections have all been very close, because most voters either always vote democrat or always vote republican.

Not an argument, once again all you and Tiassa and others can do is call me names, that is what your reduced to.

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Your misinterpreting, when someone says black people commit a disproportionate numbers of crimes per capita, that is fact. Tiassa and ilk's reply is to scream "racists" and run away.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Your inability to maintain a consistent context from one of your posts to the next is part of the reason you have nothing to say.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

And it's a misinterpretation to say this statistic justifies racism.

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Well perhaps its your inability to understand or comprehend what I'm saying.

Agree totally, my argument is instead of calling them "racists" and ejecting, one should actually start off a polite argument with "that does not mean black people are genetically predisposed to criminality".

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure about that, such people are usually part of an insipid internet community of quasi-scientific racists. It's a thing now.

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes it is, but their conclusion "we need a white ethnostate" is not the most sensible or even sane conclusion to derive even if their premise was true.

Look at the mentally retarded for example, we all agree they are mentally inferior, so do we put them in deathcamps, send them to another continent? No we provide extra services for them, try to make their lives productive and happy, likewise even of blacks were provably inferior the best solution would be to also provide extra services for them, try to make their lives productive and happy. Any attempt at deathcamps and population displacement would result in all out civil war killing millions, millions of "glorious" white people by the way.

This argument usually piss them all to great extend, either that or they say the war is worth it and that I'm a dirty jew trying to trick them... there is a word they are looking to be called, they perhaps get off on being called it at a sexual level, don't appease them. In fact it is likely all the people that take the bait and call the trolls "racists","Nazis","fascist",etc, that has grown that troll culture, and eventually the trolls become kooks and come to believe their own trolling. Had people simply debated them, calmly, sensibly, politely, it would have bored them, and they would stop, but the angry hateful replies turned them on and they kept with it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yeah, fuck those guys, don't engage.

20. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Which is why when Chris Hedges talks advises that what we need to do is not try to change their beliefs but by reintegrating them back into the economy and giving them stability. He says that those on the Left should be going to them and simply say “I’m here to raise your minimum wage, I’m here to make sure your water isn’t poisoned" not by confronting them. Its as if we're blaming poorly educated white, low wage, low skilled, unsophisticated people for being that. PC, identity politics doesn’t ‘include’ them but asks them to step aside because of some other marginalized group and then we wonder when ten years later there are people bucking at those notions, actively fighting back in a way that just exacerbates the problem. The Left has to stop pretending it can police culture and instead stand for the oppressed whether they be black or white. It means fairness under the law no matter how rich or poor or ones gender or race, it means economic equity for everyone, gay straight alike. It means fighting the corporate-state interests which is screwing up our environment, our social programs, our politics and our access to fair government representation and they’re doing it to all of us no regardless of whether we’re Republican or Democrat. It means fighting corruption. Identity politics means I narrow my interests to my little group and more difficult to identify with other groups when we actually have the same interests, this is what I see happening with Republicans when they talk of 'liberals' and when I hear liberals talk about the right or Republicans like they were one giant group of bigoted evil doers. It may be great for having someone to point fingers at but it does nothing to bridge understanding and engage another in ones own experience.

One of the best achievements to the labor movement was by the Wobblies (IWW) in the early 1900’s. They engaged in social justice before it was fashionable, not by policing everyone’s words and actions, but by being one of the only American unions to welcome all workers including women, immigrants, African-Americans and Asians. Yet looking at the left today one would think that they’ve completely forgotten what worked during a time when race and gender were much more entrenched than it is today. How did they manage it? What ‘identity’ could be created out of so many disparate groups? The unifying identity of ‘worker’. Class superimposed itself on race and gender for a greater good. We don’t need to talk about black to the exclusion of white poverty, we just need to tackle poverty. If that means greater need in black communities then it means more attention and resources in those communities but we’ve got to start seeing poverty and education as an issue were everyone is addressed as one unified group, that would terrify the elites more than anything. Race and gender are now being used to divide and that's a problem.

ElectricFetus likes this.
  21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Sure, had people ignored them to begin with, but enough people failed to ignore them and now they have grow far beyond the point of ignoring, look at who they put in the whitehouse.

22. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Sorry but that is in no way analogous to anything I have said so far.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Fairness under the law starts with fairness in interpersonal relations. You can see the effects of one popular person, President Stupid, on inciting racist attacks. Language matters.