Icons

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DaveW, Jun 23, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveW Registered Senior Member

Do you guys like the new icons? Or should I remove them all?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bev Registered Member

Love the icons! Don't change a thing!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I wish I could figure out the HTML and the UBB Code though.

I'm a little impaired!

Bev

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MaTTo Registered Senior Member

I think I'd like them more if I could figure out how to use them.

Sure what the hell keep them on there.

MaTTo

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumaurier Registered Senior Member

Your icons are good. I would suggest, however, a feature whereby when the cursor passes over one of them, a short description of their meaning appears. For example, the regular smiley stands for "I'm happy", the angry face for "I'm angry," but some of the other smileys i personally do not understand. The smiley smiling with an open mouth, for example, or the smiley with sunglasses.

If this was done, everyone would be speaking the same language here, because everyone would ascribe the same meaning to a smiley or any of the icons.

Another change i'd like to see is automatic insertion of a UBB Code into the body of text with a mere click of the mouse. All representative names of UBB Codes could be listed vertically on the extreme left margin of the outside window; outside of the editing window. So, if i want bold, for example, instead of having me type the brackets and the letter "b", i would just highlight the word in my message and click on the proper link on the left of the screen where it says BOLD.

And finally, i wish you would make the window where we type our messages (the editing window) larger in height and width. For example, note all the wasted space on the right and bottom of the editing window. The way it's set up now we can only see ten lines of text vertically and 45 characters across. Sometimes this becomes frustrating and one has to leave the window, go into a text editor to compose the message, and come back to paste it.

Just some suggestions for improvement.

------------------
    dumaurier

8. H-kon Registered Senior Member

Admin:

I found this site which i find to love when it comes to the design, and layout of it.. http://www.lionhead.co.uk/shocked/newsviews.html

He does have some good looking icons as well..

Other than that. A good forum to hang out.

------------------
    "All i say is keep looking".

[This message has been edited by H-kon (edited July 18, 1999).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.