i want to become a SIS/MI6 agent.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by EmptyForceOfChi, May 23, 2007.

1. phlogistician Banned Banned

Because you are a fool?

No, that's two languages, Korean, and one you invented, 'mandarin japanese', without the comma, 'mandarin' become becomes the adjective to 'japanese'.

You claim prowess in other languages but can't even express yourself in English.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

Yeah, but it's funnier to call BULLSHIT on Chi. He can't even write in English, so he's never going to master Kanji!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Apparently the Japanese have a much smaller incidence of dyslexia than those using the roman alphabet...
    But yeah... Chi baby, bullshit!
    Peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah this is true, im very bad at writting kanji and kokugi. but oraly i can speak quite well.

im learning korean at the moment, damn stupid circles and squares.

peace.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

your just jelous because you want to be a cool spy mother fucker like me, i will 99% most likely fail and get shot or something though.

but yeah screw you!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

peace.

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

so i missed out a comma big deal, english is my second language. pointing and shouting like a caveman is my first.

peace.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Nah, most "spies" die of boredom or old age.
    I asked a GRU guy once.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Glavnoye Razveditvatelnoye Upravleniye - that's the one...

But the badge is "Voenna'ya" - probably more Spetsnaz than GRU proper.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah even though i have some russian blood in me i dont understand what you just wrote

peace.

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GRU

Main Intelligence Directorate - military-run and targeted intelligence as opposed to KGB (now FSB) which was civilian-directed and run.
    I had a chat with two of their guys about 20 years ago. Surly buggers.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

have met with ex members before, my uncle who is an ex s.a.s member trains in systemma with alot of russian military guys, i enjoy training with them, its no walk in the park though i got slapped around a bit at first.

peace.

16. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Highly bad idea to post about it!

Do you have the mental capacity to not talk about things even though they're really interesting and very gossipy? Sanctity of information is much harder than you'd think.

Also, those boys don't want martial arts etc. They use people who can analyse data. If you want to do anything like recon then you'll need to be less than 5'11" or so.

Lastly, the number of applicants to places is very high.

17. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

Hey, since you're posting your intentions already, why don't you keep us posted on your secret missions and such! It'll be fun!

Or, if you'd like to actually get hired, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. Duh!

18. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

I know one guy that works for MI5. Only a few people know about it though. He tells everyone else that he works in a *********. It was very difficult to get the job though, the testing was very tough.

There was a story a year back about some mateys trying to blow up some planes going from the UK to America. This guy was given the computers of the mateys, his team had to go through them.

19. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Believe me they already know it.

Thats dependent on what you are up to in life, namely what you've been doing

20. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

This is madness, they will not hire him, they won't even hire me and I'm god.

21. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Technically Dark, you've revealed too much information about your psychology and in their profession they really can't be dealing with people and psychological issues since they are a liability. No offense meant.

22. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Alright, ace, here's the first piece of advice you should hear if you intend to join a department like MI6 or anything of that nature...

Don't talk about it on the fuckin' internet.

If you apply, if they grant you an interview, if you get past the first round of testing and if you make it into the pile of those being considered for the job out of all the many applications coming from Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, Yale, etc...

They will do a complete and total background check on you. The British agency are established, modernizing and efficient (to a degree, relative to CIA/CSIS/DGSE...) and will most certainly check everything you've said on the internet as far back as they can. This will be very easy for them to find. And they will not at all be impressed by you bragging about it (which is essentially what this is) to a random internet site.

Their number one concern when performing a background check is that you will be of the personality to not reveal a single note about what you've done. This will indicate to them that you aren't ready.

The second concern will be that you are the type of personality to excel at covert and thurough investigations. This post will make you seem abnormal, extroverted and amateurish. As well, it will be painfully obvious you are not nearly as serious about the matter as 99% of their applicants.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but if you have any hope of joining a department like MI6 you should know these things. It's a wonderful career, but only if you're the right type of person. There's your heads up.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

I don't think Chi understands that you don't go knocking on MI6 headquarters door, and ask for a job. I also don't think he realises that they employ multilingual graduates with IQs of 170+ for the cool jobs.

Only just being a genius who speaks some French, I was interested in an IT role with 5, but for London, the money was disappointing. I guess you have to want to work them, it's no gravy train.