I think I owe public apology to posters on this sub-forum...

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Gravage, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Gravage Registered Senior Member

I truly hope moderators will not erase this post too quickly. The main reason why I think I owe you an honest apology is because in the following thread:
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=85984

It was about Hawking's radiation. I realized that I crossed the line, especially calling some of you "math geeks", although I didn't realize this is actually rude. I started to appreciate more math and physics, especially one of my colleges started to study physics and he actually explained to me that equations are sometimes the only tool to explain something.
    Yes, I crossed the line, the bottom line is I respect more both math and physics today, I did realize now, that what I did was actually attack on the most fundamental science, which started the entire revolution in science and technology.
    This is why I truly apologize for some rude words and attack on math and physics as sciences (in the link above) to Ben The Man, AlphaNumeric, Prometheus, Billy T and all others as well.
    Actually, I'm very much surprised that I haven't been banned by now for such disastrous behavior.

My only question is what books regarding Hawking's radiation do you recommend. I realized that many books of popular science are actually full of holes, and that Hawking's radiation in original expert works did NOT NEED virtual particles for explanation, instead of that, many expert works use Bogoliubov transformation (and I admit, I don't know what Bogoliubov transformation and what does it say).
    The question how does Hawking's radiation sound like without using virtual particles as explanation?
    This proves I was looking at the wrong books!!!!
    Anyway, thank you for your time and patience.