I respect what Hitler accomplished

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by oiram, Jun 19, 2009.

1. John99 Banned Banned

what is wrong with wikipedia?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

hmm, okay..john

EDIT: wikipedia isn't recommended when you want to back up historical facts..you know...but whatever.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Didn't you read it? It says "according to a confidential" wikipedia is just what says this but apparantly it's according to a confidential

At any rate it's obvious a man of Hitler's intelligence was an atheist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

I'd like to know..."what confidant", then I might reconsider. I mean..I can go on Wikipedia and post an article where I claim that all of this has been said according to someone's confidant. Where I go to school..Wikipedia is only good enough to get a quick overview on a certain subject, and even then they don't recommend to go there for...historical matters.

Anyway, all of this..still doesn't prove that he was an atheist. It just proves that he was discontent with Christianity's current hierarchy and weakness. It doesn't say "I'm not a Roman Catholic". Do you understand that? He just talks about how there are other monotheistic versions of Christianity that are led in a more interesting fashion.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

However he was an atheist. He's too intelligent to be religious.

9. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Good argument! *clap clap clap* I give you an A+

10. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Well, nobody knows what he was. So I tend to think he was an atheist.

11. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Hitler said that he is a Roman Catholic....but never said that he is an atheist if I remember well....

12. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I didn't say he approved of any particular religion or institution.

I said he was theist, with a conception of deity derived from a seriously Catholic Christian childhood and a basic sympathy with Christian deity and belief - Abrahamic theist.

Lots of Abrahamic theists have bad things to say about the Christian Church, or religious institutions.

13. Balerion Banned Banned

Couple things...first, to John99...

So it was speed that made Hitler invade Poland and France and others, and fill concentration camps with Jews whom he later incinerated in large ovens or left to die in misery without food or water?

Sir, you a disgrace to the human brain if you think speed, or any combination of amphetemines, caused Hitler to kill millions of people.

Secondly, to PsychoTropicPuppy, I don't know what other evidences must be presented to you. I really don't. I have quoted Hitler calling religion and Christianity "deliberate lies". I have that entire post quoting Hitler numerous times talking about religion as a bane of human existence. Can you give me a good reason why such evidences should be laughed off so easily?

I understand if you don't agree. It's not cut-and-dry either way what Hitler really believed. But to say things like "I don't know where you get the idea he was an atheist"? Are you even being serious here? I feel insulted that you'd respond in such a way to a post I put effort into constructing.

But don't worry: I won't be making the mistake of engaging you in conversation ever again.

14. Balerion Banned Banned

He was pandering to the religious! Jesus Christ, how is that not obvious to you?

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Don't you think you're overstating it just a bit?

I think you may be a bit harsh on that one. Amphetamines certainly played a role. And perhaps John overstates the importance in suggesting that the war wouldn't have happened without them, but I can't imagine they did anything to refine Hitler's logical scheme. Still, though, if John is a disgrace to the human brain, I wouldn't think this would be the clincher.

The amphetamines would have corroded Hitler's logical outlook, as well as magnified his paranoia, perhaps by orders of magnitude. It is hard to figure just how differently history would have gone if he wasn't chemically soldered to the inside of his skull.

I'm trying to think if it was Vonnegut, but once upon a time I encountered a joke about Hitler being one of the first carpet munchers. (It's a bit more complicated, but the setup involves Monsanto.)

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

That is interesting, if true, and I"ve never heard it before. It would jibe with Hitler's seeming mental deterioration as the war progressed. At the begining, the German army performed brilliantly, but as time went on they started doing more and more stupid things. Firing the best generals, switching objectives, allocating precious resources to death camps rather than the war. On and on. Where did Hitler get these drugs? Could it have been intentional sabotage by (for instance) some doctor with Jewish relatives?

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

i don't think there is a german alive that will say "i respect what hitler accomplished".

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Probably his personal physician

His pipeline was likely the controversial Dr. Theodor Morrell, who served as Hitler's personal physician until shortly before the end. Some would say Morrell's alternative and holistic methods contributed to the Fuhrer's generally poor health, but I'm taking that from a badly-writ Wikipedia page. I don't think I've ever heard Morrell's name before, or if I have, it was a passing reference that didn't stick in my brain.

Nonetheless, Morrell's diary suggests he treated Hitler with various substances including amphetamines, belladonna, caffeine, ocular cocaine, E. coli, methamphetamine, morphine, and strychnine, which are among the strangest on the list.

Unfortunately, the only actual references in that article are to IMDB files on a couple of movies about Hitler. The recommended further reading includes a Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh .pdf from 2005 that has since gone 404, and a .pdf of a David Irving book that also is not found through the link provided.

The reliability of that article, then, is subject to whatever standard you wish to apply.

Notes:

"Theodor Morrell". Wikipedia.com. June 30, 2009. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodor_Morell

19. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Tiassa, not sure how reliable Spokesman Magazine is in your eyes, but there is a quite lengthy article on this subject here:

"Hitler's doctor influences war" viewed at 09:03 PM EST on 06/30/09

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

No reason to complain

I won't knock it. I can read Stars & Stripes, or VOA content without pulling my hair out. As long as Spokesman isn't going off about religion, I don't see any reason for general cynicism.

And it seems an interesting article, too. Thank ye.

21. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:bravo:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You're quite welcome...

22. Balerion Banned Banned

I'm sorry, T, there's no way a war was waged, and a genocide attempted because a guy was hopped up on amphetamines. Have you ever known anyone using? C'mon.

If you want to make a case for what effect they had on him, perhaps they made him more reckless later in the war. But to argue WWII would not have happened without them? Really? I hope this is a joke. Hitler knew exactly what he was doing.

And I'm sorry, but to say that one of the greatest crimes against humanity ever committed might not have happened if the perpetrator wasn't high just so happens to be "the clincher".

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  23. swarm Registered Senior Member

That's pretty funny.