I need someone who knows the math

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by BigBangIsGod, Mar 4, 2016.

1. BigBangIsGod Registered Member

i love physics but im not educated beyond what ive learned here on the internet. im curious if its possible to work out the schwarzschild radius of the pre-universe singularity or if this is just a flat out stupid question and if so why.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BigBangIsGod Registered Member

maybe what i'm asking is the size of the event horizon? i cant be entirely certain im being clear

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Our understanding of spacetime ceases at the quantum/Planck level....10-43 seconds after the BB, and at which is the level of where the Singularity exists.

BTW, if your name is any indication of your beliefs, no the BB is not god.
    Science/cosmology is working towards a QGT, but to accept without evidence that the BB is god, is a cop out and totally unscientific.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BigBangIsGod Registered Member

its just a name im well aware of your stance on any form of god i've been reading through the physics forums trying to learn what i can. its to ruffle the feathers of theists and nontheists alike. i have legitimate questions for you guys who can answer them here for me, but ive refrained as to not be attacked. i am ignorant to the math and advanced perceptions needed and many of my questions can probably be chalked up those reasons, but id like to bounce ideas around and be given some patience, sources, and layman's basics. i dont want to go to pseudoscience, i'm interested in learning truth before applying magic. whats QGT stand for?

8. BigBangIsGod Registered Member

i posed this question with this is mind, if it was infinitely dense, it must have an infinite S radius and EH...... but if theres no space outside it must not have any properties of the universe, therefore no gravitational field so it really doesnt matter,,,,,,,, just curious if it could be figured out by someone who knew better than to assume these were all infinite values

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

QGT= quantum gravity theory.
    It appears you have misinterpreted my posts during your research.
    I do not set out to ruffle feathers: It's those of late that make inane suggestions re cosmology that set out to ruffle feathers....ludicrous claims like GP-B being fraudulent, or the recent confirmation of gravitational waves and BH's as being fraudulent also. Most of them are "god botherers" and have nothing but paragraph after paragraph, sentence after sentence, word after word of disparaging unsupported nonsensical claims against cosmology.

Obviously the futility of their claims is obvious. If any of them had anything of substance, they would not be here. They come here to rebel rouse and incite rage against their anti science/cosmology nonsense.
    Which is my only objection to these religious freaks and god botherers. I have only ever ventured into the religious forum a couple of times to attempt to straighten out some of the nonsense they do portray in attempting to castigate science.
    Some of my best friends are religious, so your research is grossly astray regarding me, perhaps you are pushing an agenda yourself?
    Yes, I have an agenda. The scientific method and appropriate pee review.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Our knowledge and observations cease at t+ 10-43 seconds.
    Before that we are only able to speculate: Claiming the BB is god, is just short circuiting the applicability of science.

11. BigBangIsGod Registered Member

my username is what is to ruffle the feathers, i'm sorry for the mix up there, im aware of your adherence to science, ive gotten a solid understanding, this is science forum, stick to science, god isnt science, i didnt bring it up, im here to find out if my notions are ignorant and if not if theres anything of importance to be gained from them. i cant get answers from google on everything, but i dont want to be ignored and treated like a child because i havent been able to get a higher level education or soak enough from websites to grasp it all

12. BigBangIsGod Registered Member

im nott making that as claim bub. if i say big bang, im refering to our scientific knowledge of it only. please, this is what i am trying to avoid, attacking me and derailing my attempt to understand. im not making that claim, i could have just as easily made my username GrilledCheeseIsGod

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Whatever floats your boat.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. BigBangIsGod Registered Member

i have more i'd like to ask, things i get confused about, if youve got time to get into any let me know, i neither believe nor disbelieve in a creator, but that has nothing to do with the physics i'm attempting to bring up and better understand

15. BigBangIsGod Registered Member

currently, i understand that light moves as a wave. and a proton is a light particle. now i'm confused as to if a single proton moves, does it move as a wave, or if when viewing a single wave of light, if it is made up of multiple protons. if i could frame by frame see the proton travel. would it snake back and forth? and must a proton move, or can it stay in one place, must it travel from it's source?

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

A proton is a proton, not a light wave. A photon is a particle of light.
    Light is a quantum thingy with a duel nature.
    I believe a proton can also act as a wave although being far heavier than an electron for example, the wave length is smaller:

18. BigBangIsGod Registered Member

yes photon is what i meant to say here im sorry typed that incorrectly, but, my original post stands, edited to say photon. when a photon travels does a single photon travel back and forth and apppear as a wave, or is the wave of light many photons? im not sure what the links for black holes are for, im pretty caught up on much of it as is, theres always more to learn of course but as of right now, im not sure how it pertains to my questions regarding light...... and effing a i just realized ALL of my photons were typos...

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Hmmm

Singularities and EH's and Schwarzchild radii of course pertain to BH's.

20. BigBangIsGod Registered Member

oh i see, i said S radius at first but decided i wouldnt ask anyone to try to calculate something smaller than a singularity, that itd be an easier question to ask the diameter of the event horizon

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

23. BigBangIsGod Registered Member

i understand the data supporting the big bang and how weve used the microwaves and trajectory of galaxies expanding to trace it all back to a point. all the way to the singularity, which of these would have the most information on singularity its self?