I Need Help! I Have Preminitions!

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Dep724, Dec 31, 2002.

1. heliocentric Registered Senior Member

I think there are a number of conclusions to draw in regards to premonitions, some have already been mentioned, random coincidence, finding patterns in chaos etc.
    I think its also worth speculating that premonitions could have a quite real validity to them, although if they are valid experiences we then have to speculate how the mechanism might work and secondly why the ability in humans exists in the first place.
    My best guess would be pre-determined futures, if we have a tributree stretching out with each path representing a pre-determined future then we have both free will (to pick a path) and also determinism.
    And if there is a degree of determinism to our lives then there isnt much of a reason why we shouldnt be able to know our futures - the future is already there, it has happened/it is going to happen. So it doesnt seem unreasonable to conclude that part of ourselves might be privy (at least some of the time) to the future.
    Why this mechanism might exist atall is alittle easier, awareness of approaching disaster is a very handy evolutionary trait to have! and it should also be mentioned that most premonitions useally relate to fore-knowledge of dangerous situations/events rather than non-life threatening events.
    Which would seem to suggest that this might very well be nothing but a highly advanced survival mechanism.
    Thought id include this link too, some very good first hand accounts of premonitions from an array of scientists working in various fields.
    http://issc-taste.org/arc/dbo.cgi?set=arc&ss=1

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fadeaway humper that way lies madness Registered Senior Member

Dude, I need help, too. I have haemorrhoids, yet you don't see me starting a thread about it, do you?

Oh, wait, this was a serious thread! Carry on, then.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

You know I also saw a comet hitting Earth in my dream, however this hasnt happened. Can you tell me the exact details of the dream, perhaps we saw the same thing? I saw future too, there was a dome like house, were people were looking at the sunset, and than this comet hit, and this dome was on the side of a ridge, and the comet hit way below the ridge. Is this anything like what you saw? Did you also happen to see...the upcoming of water? (if you dont know what I mean by this, disregard it)

You must realize that you must treat the problems, solve the problems, especially those concerning your health. Discussing a problem with others who care, and than changing accordingly, do not be afraid of whatever issue it is, to discuss anything there is, before it becomes a real problem in the real world. Understand this.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. meacara Registered Member

ok, well, i am 14, and have premonisions too! except, mine run in my family, and mine are feelings. when i clear my thoughts, an image of someone or something sppeares into my head. theres signs for death, pain, and its all bad! those are what i see. so you are not alone.

8. Coolies! Yes! Wait a minute... no Registered Senior Member

Well Iv had dreams that feature something in them that happens the day after or a few days after. Nothing major and not premonitions in my case, just coincidence. BUT I have been dreaming about people who are dead now. I'd never dreamt b4 about family members or famous people who were dead, but its happened alot this year. They say that were on the same plane as spirits when we sleep and are more susceptable to contact with them. I doubt the spirit of Steve Irwin (what a great man) or a lecturer of mine who died suddenly, are visiting me.

9. Kagome9393 Registered Member

Premanitions

I'm 13 years old and I think I have premanitions and I've had Deja Vu many times, but I really don't know about the premanitions. I don't see images but I think about things and it tends to happen. Sometimes I have premanitions in dreams(that is if I even have premanitions). My friend is one person who talks to me about it. I told her most of the times it has happened. The premanitions in my dreams could have more than one thing happening but one of the actions in the dream will occur. The dream you have wrote about is very weird. My premanitions have started two years ago, they only happened in my dreams. Now, I can have a thought and it could come true. I have had a dream about my grandfather-who is dead- going into my body, he went into my body about three times. It was kind of scarey. Also, this isn't my first dream I had about someone dead, in my one dream there was a demon in my room. A physic lady had come into my house and did something to my room. Then you see a whole bunch of thing floating around and it turned out the physic lady put children ghost into my room. Anyway, I can write down a thought and it comes true. I wrote a story about my dad being in a coma and it turned out my one friends mom was in a coma. I have said to myself and my friend, what would happen if my dad got into a car crash, but than I told myself he was going to get into a car crash and he did. Anyway, that are some things that happened. It is scarey and I don't know how I got these premanitions out of nowhere. I can relate to you though.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  10. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Interesting, interesting. I think what most people have been saying about coincedences is true. Lets say you have a dream about a car crash. With the millions of people in the world, constantly out on the road, driving cars, what are the chances you are going to wake up the next day and here something on the news about car crashes? Very likely. Also, sometimes we may think we see things and then when something similar comes true we use selective memory to make it true. We only take what we need to confirm what we believe. It is more real that way and we identify with it.

Still, despite that I know all this, I can't truly say I don't believe that some premonitions are real. Obviously I wouldn't be in this section of the forum if I didn't. I have noticed that many people posting here are very young. 13-15 years of age. Strange things have happened to me most of my life, but I also started having very real and vivid dreams when I was 15. It might be that you are in a constant state of turmoil at this age. Your body is changing, you're becoming more mature in you thought processes, you start to question what life is about ect. This might be why the dreams are much more active at this age. Your mind has so much to think about. I don't know.

11. draqon Banned Banned

jesse I understand that car crash is something really probable event to predict...but I saw 911, 6 months before it happened. I saw what happened, but didnt believe myself. (I live 1.5 miles from 911 site, in NJ)

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry. You have my deepest sympathies.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

We drove around there. Its really beautiful in places.

14. grover Registered Senior Member

Check out the book "An Experiment with Time" by J.W. Dunne. Written by a british engineer. Basicjist is this guy discovers he was having premonitions in his dreams and had his friends start to write down their dreams and they seemed to be having premonitions too. So your not the first one to experience this.

15. draqon Banned Banned

Q meant to say that she has sympathy for me not living in NY and not dying in WTC on 911. She wants me dead.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And why does er, she want you dead?

17. draqon Banned Banned

I dont know. Such is life.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why passive aggressive?

19. draqon Banned Banned

what else could it be?

20. xxcupidsxxvictim Registered Member

I as well do get some sort of premintions in my dreams. I started recently noticing it as I got older,probably around 13-15 years old.... I'm 21 now. I will dream things and not all of them come true but many of them do, and sometimes in them the people get mixed up.

There was this one time when I had a dream and it was of my grandfather and he stopped breathing and passed away. I was really freaked out, so I told my mom about it the next morning, because I've talked to her about my dreams....and then The weird thing is, the next day found out my uncle was in the hospital and stopped breathing and passed away,,,,,,its like sometimes my visions in my dreams get mixed up...

and then ill dream about having conversations with my friends, and it can take up to a day or maybe even a week and the same exact conversation in my dream we will have comes true.

I honestly didn't think that many people had this, until I went and searched to see. Makes me cry with joy that there are actually other people out there who know what I am going through

21. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

Dep724,
    You think you have problems. I had premontions of long island going up in a nuclear attack and me being indian being saved by christian religious dream elements that wanted me to convert. And I also saw the magic bulllet that will shoot Pres. Bush. I've since studied and followed up on Hindu Dharma-ways of life, awaiting anything. After I had thsi dream of a girl named Kristen Rupert who wanted em to love her, but I told her in my darth vader voice that I cannot, before she was taken by evil spirits:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  22. thewilltosurvive Registered Member

Dream about murdering a girl....

Check this out folks....I just got back from out of town with my wife and 2 year-old son this past Saturday. The following Monday, I had this dream where I murdered this girl and I was looking for a place to put her body. I was franticly searching for somewhere to put her body but it seems I could not find a spot and reality was closing in on me. Then there I was realizing that I was soon to be caught....

I woke up right after that and went to go relieve myself. Dream was so scary I really didn't want to go back to sleep. I told my wife about it later that day going to walmart and she was like woah, thats weird, hope you don't kill me, then giggled about it.

But get this, I watched the news and a girl went missing in a park like a mile up the road from my street in a park. She went to meet her boyfriend and went missing that passed friday which I had no prior knowledge of whatsoever.

This is what freaked me out, the missing girl, went to a homicide investigation and today they confirmed the girl's body was located right around where I live by a lake. The girl was 20 and was pregnant with the alleged suspects child.

This happened in Bethany Oklahoma and is a pending investigation.

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as far as brain communication with other humans or maybe this is just a coincidence. Thanks

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

You dreamed about a murdered girl and there was a murdered girl. Wow that is freaky!