"I love you"... How difficult is that?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Quantum Quack, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

These three words seem sometimes to be rather simple to write and say but how difficult are they really?

To say them and know what you mean with out any doubt. To say them with out condition.....hmmmm......difficult yes?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pakman Registered Senior Member

Saying "I love you" can be difficult to say to someone. It's difficult if you are unaware of how your love feels about. The minute you say it, it can change your life for better or for worse.

Plus, "I love you" isn't really...umm...a phase...that umm...really might truly describe how you might feel for someone. Perhaps, you might be obsessed with someone, but "I love you" wouldn't seem to explain truly how you feel. In other countries, there are many words for love, but have a stronger feeling to it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Infatuation is mistaken for love most of the time.

"I love you baby but what i really mean is I love your body and how much pleasure it gives me while we fuck each other"

Love is very much a strong neurotoxin....because those of us who have seen people in love know how stupid it make a person. What most people feel isn't love, it is merely physical attraction that wears off eventually when the personality shines through.

When you love someone it is unlike anything, it actually makes you a more mature person.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. otheadp Banned Banned

love, like, infatuation, neurotoxin, etc.etc.etc.
    all this semantics are just confusing and complicating things.

"love" is undefinable.
    or at least there's no single definition.

to say "i love you" and actually mean it is not difficult to say. but it's difficult to find someone to say it to.

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

maybe I am off thread a little here but otheadp promted this .

observation

IN general there is a man for nearly every woman..... but ....
    not a woman for every man.

If one looks at the man woman thingo the above certainly seems true.

Why was i prompted to write this.

The comment that it's quite difficult to find some one to say I love you to.

The way my mind works.....ha

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Silent Beauty Registered Member

I think I like that one! ^^"

That's a good quote mister sargentlard.
    Its very true. I mean why can't we just express how we really really feel if it's emotional right?
    Love is emotion, not intellectual.
    What has love got to do with it?....(uh oh...thinking of Tina Turner singing)

10. Yes Registered Senior Member

If it's too difficult or too easy to say, then maybe you don't love that person after all. You got to be ready to risk an eventual heartbreak to do it, for real.

11. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

...and thus begins the life long search for that someone. Along the way many of us, unfortunetly, forget that relationships are a secondary priority....many tend to validate their lives through meaningless relationships only to proclaim love is dead.

12. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Depends on whether or not you really mean it.

13. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

It can be, but there are alot of variables. We tend to overcomplicate things sometimes to the point where even we don't know what is going on.

They can be easy enough to say, and that is half of the problem. Sometimes after you have said something so much, it loses meaning. It takes on the quality of fools gold. That can make it hard enough as you can feel like the words aren't good enough anymore.

Other times, you are investing everything you are into those words. When you don't know how they are going to be received, the prospect of laying yourself out like that can be terrifying.

So many other variables...
    People's minds, and hearts, are messy things.

14. candy Valued Senior Member

Saying the words "I love you" is quite easy; living them is not so easy.

15. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

Nicely said.

16. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Yup and more often then not people forget to truly evaluate themselves and see if they do mean it before uttering those three words. Eventually it ends with another three words "i want divorce"

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

It's kinda funny you know,
    My partner in life used to ask me all the time "Do you love me"?
    After this happened with much frequency I said to her as an answer:

When I don't need to answer this question you'll know the answer.

The statement of "I love you" is a way of reacting to doubts I guess and in many ways uneccessary except to prop up a situation.

However if one already knows the answer then saying it could also be just a fun thing to do with out the deeper rationals.