i love christianity...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by supernova_smash, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

I wonder if you can read clearly what's the subject and what's the example. The subject is still "love your enemies", and the example is you and tiger mosquitos. You can comment on the example, but why not answer the main point, too? Now you just want to focus on the example and avoid the main subject. Well, what can I expect? Maybe avoid the subject is your favor strategy in a discussion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Animals other than humans kill for pleasure. Ever seen a cat play with a mouse? Ever seen dogs attack a flock of sheep?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Also, lions like to kill cheeta cubs, but never eat them.

8. G0D G0D - Gee Zero Dee Registered Senior Member

True. A fact that you brought up in another thread as well. There was no response to it at that time ... and it seems that TS, JA etc are inclined to ignore it this time as well.

Tiassa discussed this and it's many variants in a "wicca" thread, not too long ago. Ultimately, the tentative conclusion reached was that inner journeys have no effect on external realities. But yes, the importance of inner journeys was not dismissed, just that it has a negligible effect on reality.
    I haven't followed these discussions for a while, so I wouldn't know if this was ever addressed to JA or TS -

TS, you propose that you have direct knowledge of a "higher-self". And that your version is undeniably true and complete.

The only problem is that JA is proposing the exact same thing!

So, is she wrong? Or is it you who are in error?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Exactly. If one were to slightly shift gears, the question can be addressed to TS and JA. Both of you claim an inner awareness of an absolute truth, and both of you express completely different versions of it. It seems "absolute" is not quite the word for it, eh?

9. You Killed Jesus 14/88 Registered Senior Member

Howdy Kyle

From what I understand, there are roman records of Jesus' existance. However, the parts about jesus healing lepers and raising the dead and whatnot are rather... sketchy(and probably made up to get more followers).

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

Jan: 'It' was once a reference to what we now know as 'sexiness'. I am teasing/flirting, as is my wont.

Oh yes, chimps will bash in the skulls of young monkeys for no real reason.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

daktaklakpak,

No. You bring them to the discussion.
    Now, better come back then...

Why not Love your enemies...?

Love,
    Nelson

Last edited: Apr 25, 2002
  12. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I'd like to see such.

13. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Since you don't like examples/evidents to support a discussion, my answer will be "you'll die faster". After more consideration, I say "it won't work most the time." Why? Because if you are known for showing love everywhere, you don't have enemies. But if you still encounter enemies, obviously your love won't work on them. Your love only gives your enemies advantages, so you'll die faster.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2002
  14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

If someone is kind with you, would you kill this person?

15. Tinker683 Registered Senior Member

TS,

Initally, no, I would have no reason too. But just because one is kind to you, does not excuse them from any past crimes thye may have commited.

An example, the kindess of a rapist is not one I accept. Why? Because what that person has done needs to be answered for.

Now, if said person was a complete stranger, and he was kind to me, then yes, I wouldn't kill him- he has done me no wrong.

Of course, then, we wouldn't be "enemies" would we?

16. Xev Registered Senior Member

Now if it was finals week. *Nod nod*
    And there was absolute proof.....

Nelson::
    Yeah, I would definitly kill Usama bin Ladin even if he was kind to me. If I had the chance, of course.

All:

I'd like to see the Roman records. It was my understanding that there were none.

17. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Is this "someone" an enemy of me or not? Or you are trying to avoid the topic again?

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Tinker683,

No.

One Lesson for you: Forgiveness.

When someone do something really wrong and ACCEPT what he/she has done wrong as wrong, then forgiveness is the best way to go. Why? Because if you punish this person, he/she will certainly do it again. The person won't learn by being punished. Beilieve me... if it was so, the system would work...

Forgivenes brake the cycle of Mistake-->Punishment-->Mistake...

daktaklakpak,

Depends on what you consider an enemy...

Love,
    Nelson

19. You Killed Jesus 14/88 Registered Senior Member

hmmm...

Guess not. Maybe I should do more research into these things, since you probably know more than I on the subject :bugeye:

Anyway, the thirtysomething jewish philosopher probably did exist, it's just that his message/essence has likely been twisted beyond beleif in the last 2000 years.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You Killed Jesus,

Somewhat...

Love,
    Nelson

21. Xev Registered Senior Member

Nelson:
    Or one can destroy them utterly and not have to worry about them doing it again.

For instance, suppose we have a rapist. We have two choices:

We forgive them.
    We lock them up and throw away the key, with acess to a lawyer and all that good stuff in case they are innocent.

Which is safer?

We lock them up, unfortunatly we forgive them, let them out, and they often do it again.

Much safer to destroy ones enemies completly.

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

Depends on how they are treated... if it's a PUNISHMENT they will certainly do it again, as I said before...

The easiest way, isn't it?
    Suppose that someone have killed other person in front of you. The killer was using gloves and the only person to witness it is you. The killer threaten to kill you if you don't get his gun (no bullets anymore, of course). You get it, he runs away, you drop the gun and run away. The police find the gun, get your digitals. get you in jail. They think you are the killer and kill you. How would you feel...? (little bit sarcastic, as you are already dead...)
    :bugeye:

Love,
    Nelson

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

Nelson, you are taking 'destroy completly' to mean kill. Why do you think I don't advocate killing the hypothetical rapist?

Because there is a chance that he is innocent.

I would be sent to prision, with acess to a lawyer, and eventually freed when dna evidence exculpates me.

This is very simple.

No, they won't. Rapists have a high rate of repeating thier crimes because there is somthing wrong with them.

What would you advocate in place of punishment? Forgiveness? How callous.