i love christianity...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by supernova_smash, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Taoist Philosophy: realizes that you don't know everything and seeking answers within oneself, ignoring circumstances.

A true rationalist says: I know everything. I know Quantum Physics. I know Astrophysics. I know...

I know that rationalists do that because I were one. I found out that I was really ignorant, turned to myself to answer the questions, and got some of them. Still seeking some. Not rationally (sometimes...) but mostly... internally..."

Ahhhhh, so having been a logician (a failed one), you can speak on behalf of every one of us? (the ego goes on...and on....). I personally have admitted time and time again that I don't know everything. I know very little as a matter of fact. You are the one who claims to know every question I have about the universe.

"you ever read any Psychology? By your statement I clearly see that you never did.."

Yes, and I know all insanity is not caused by over thinking. Over-thinking can easily be a sympton though.

"You can't put an ocean inside a bottle..."

First you say that our true selves are simply and just our inner-child. Now you metaphorically relate it to an ocean? I dont get it....

"LARGE!?!?!? I've NEVER seen ANY Religion on TV!!!"

How about everything before the 1960s? Everything was religious oriented pretty much. Or destroy-the-commies oriented, which was used with religion too.

And are you talking about Canada nelson? Look to israel and the middle east. Or culture in africa. Or europe....

"Why don't YOU try to explain Him RATIONALLY? I would sit down and relax seeing you going crazy..."

Um, I think you know I dont believe in god."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Tyler,

By realizing that rationalism can't explain everything and by practicing Taoist and Buddhist meditation, I found out that rationalism is extremely limited by what we already know. Since we don't know most of the Universe, rationalism is meaningless and a lost of time...

In a simple analogy...
    Our Highter Selves, Inner Childs (two names for same thing) is the ocean. Our egos is the part of the iceberg above water. Our subconscient is the part below water. By the subconscient, you get to your Highter Self (subconscient below water...). Your ego is just a little part.

What happens with people that are not very self-aware is that they see themselves in their egos, instead of searching in your subconscient. This leads to rationalization and more and more distance between you (ego) adn Highter Self (your true identity).

I wrote more on this on "The Wiccan Rede..." and I'll write it again or in "The Essential Laws of the Universe" or a new thread or both....

Religion is used by rational people to get power and money as it influences people's beliefs...
    Even the Bible talks about "the evil in the Holy place"...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Honestly, that is closing your mind to the possibility...

Love,
    Nelson

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xev Registered Senior Member

Darling!

Sorry.

Nelson replied:
    No, not really. We athiests would believe if there was some sort of evidence....fact is, there isn't.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Wait for my new thread...

8. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"By realizing that rationalism can't explain everything and by practicing Taoist and Buddhist meditation, I found out that rationalism is extremely limited by what we already know. Since we don't know most of the Universe, rationalism is meaningless and a lost of time..."

Welcome to reality. Rationalism can't figure out everything. Rationalists realize this. Spirituality offers all the answers quite easily. Some people instinctively go to the easy way out.

"Religion is used by rational people to get power and money as it influences people's beliefs...
    Even the Bible talks about "the evil in the Holy place"..."

human nature.

"Honestly, that is closing your mind to the possibility..."

Did I say I would never be religious? No, I said at the moment I am not. And this is the way I look at it. There was no Christ. Then he apparently happened. Way I see it, Christians claim Christ existed. If you make the claim, you prove it. I dont believe until proof is presented.

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Tyler,

Spirituality as it's stated itself is to seek an understanding of the Universe by looking inside ourselves.

Again: conscient-->subconscient-->supraconscient

Well... there IS historical EVIDENCE of his existance...

Love,
    Nelson

10. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

truthseeker,

No there isn't. All claimed evidence is heavily disputed.

This is curious since there are many well known historical figures that pre-date the Jesus claim whoose existence and actions are extremly well recorded and documented.

But the the alleged savior of mankind and the son of the creator of the universe is not accompanied by any convincing documentation or historical records.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Not what I've seen...

12. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

truthseeker,

And the alternative is what? Guessing and creating fictional fantasies, and that is exactly what religions do.

If rationalism is a waste of time for working with facts, then anything else must be an even greater waste of time for depending on what is not known, i.e. fantasies – the realm of religion.

Cris

13. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

truthseeker,

What have you seen?

14. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

ts,

You pompous pratt.

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2002
  17. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

18. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Jan,

Nah, I just don’t find egotism and conceit as being in the least bit attractive.

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Oh Jan, that's absurd. It's quite obvious that Cris is in no danger of running out of 'it'.

And, one person will understand the reference and the rest will say 'huh?'

20. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

What does this have anything to do with "love your enemies [whose sole-purpose is to kill you]?"

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Can you read your OWN message please...?

22. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

My message asked: Does your love can change the fact that your enemies need to kill you to survive?

And what did you reply?

You said: man is killing for pleasure while animal is killing for survival only.

Now, who is trying to avoid the question?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2002
  23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Actually... I'm pretty sure you bring the animals to the discussion...