I have the Flu!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by superstring01, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheskiChips Banned Banned

I had h1n1, I had troubles breathing and I felt soar all over my body...but I didn't have the general symptoms of flu. I tried everything I could...I think the trick is to not let the flu ever famish your body. I made sure to always keep a full stomach and fully hydrated. Once you're famished, it's as if the flu has free reign.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mike47 Banned Banned

I understood from a previous post of yours that you had both the H1 N1 and the seasonal flu shots . So the issue now is : are these vaccinations any good since you got sick just few days after them ?. I think the public are left in the dark when it comes to waht they are putting into their bodies .
    I hope it is not H1 N1 because sometimes it is really terrible . it might be just a seasonal cold and not even a flu . Good luck and all my best wishes .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

i am skeptical that you have the flu.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

There is only ONE way to test that!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hugs time with superstring! Test the effects of the flu on yourself and see the disbelief shatter into quadrillion pieces.

8. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

when u have the flu, the last thing you think about is eating untill u are super hungry! but it wont take much to fill you... think about when u where a kid, and ur parents dropped u off at grandmas.... and go from there! put on some cartoons, get all cumfy and warm on the couch.. get up to make broths. lay back down... who cares if u get slobby.. ur sick

9. John99 Banned Banned

he is ill but maybe not flu. sometimes we get excited about sickness.

i may hug him if i knew him and what i would do is not breath in.

10. superstring01 Moderator

Thanks guys. Never made it to get the H1N1 vaccine. I got the regular flu vaccine, but not zee svine flu vaccine.

~String

11. superstring01 Moderator

It's the flu.

My doc says that, realistically, H1N1 is the only flu bug going around right now. He tested for and had it earlier last month (before they got the vaccine). It may not be H1N1, but it is CERTAINLY the flu.

~String

12. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

You'll survive it, superstring01 -- hopefully you'll not be sick for too long..

13. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

i have to say, i still think its the same dammed flu, they just want everyone to freak out

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

No it's different. Since it affects the lungs more, it's more dangerous. Well String, I think it's for the best you didn't get the vaccine(as you know), when you pull through, at least you can not have any worries for yourself about this swine flu crap.

15. superstring01 Moderator

Oh, I will.

I disagree. I've known my doctor for years. He's no fan of the American political/medical system (He's a Brit). He's never pulled any punches or failed to tell me the blunt truth about things even when a softer method would have worked.

This is the guy who performed minor surgery (one which should have been done in an OR) in his office because I didn't feel like waiting. We're close enough.

Moreover I come from a medical family. My mother was a doctor, my elder sister is a dentist and my best friend's dad is a cardiologist.

For what you say to be true, 580,000 doctors would have to be "in on it" and not leak a word. Shit, Nixon couldn't even get the three burglars in Watergate to keep their mouths shut. But 580k doctors and untold other medical professionals would have to be a part of this conspiracy.

Sorry. I don't buy it. It's not so much that I trust the system as much as I trust the human instinct to run their mouth.

~String

16. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

honestly, its just my view on it... that is it... everyone sits there and trys to tell me, oh its totally different then the flu because you can die from it!! Yet, they fail to realize you can die from a normal flu also...

so with all the argueing about that crap, I have just come to terms with saying that to me, its the same thing.. but that is awesome ur friends and family are in the medical field!

17. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I agree. Sure it's a different strain, but how can anyone honestly think the media isn't having a field day with it? Just like they did with little Esteban, OJ Simpson's trial and Chris Brown and Rihanna. Every time I turn on the TV or pick a news paper or magazine it's H1N1 this and H1N1 that. "Get the vaccine", "Don't get the vaccine", "30 children died today, H1N1 might be the cause or it might not" yada yada yada.

18. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

That might work for some strains of influenza, but it isn't going to help much with a flu bug that causes vomiting.

19. mike47 Banned Banned

Question : do you know if it is okay to have both the seasonal flu vaccination and the H1 N1 vaccination in a one week for example OR is there a waiting period like 15 or 30 days between the two ?. I like to have both but I got none yet .

20. John99 Banned Banned

and now you want a flu shot all of a sudden?

21. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Enjoy the daytime TV string!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. mike47 Banned Banned

Not at a sudden....the whole thing is so confusing .

23. John99 Banned Banned

i know someone who gets a flu shot every year and they are fine. i never got one though so i cant say what it involves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.