I hate guns.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by laladopi, Jan 3, 2009.

1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

wtf??? I have never been to a drug party. I don't even know what the fuck that is.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The only time I have ever seen some one lose control was from a drug induced state of paranoia, once it was alcohol, but then he was so screwed up in coordination as to be more of a danger to himself than anyone else.

To have been in the position of this happening more than once does not speak highly of the company you keep or your maturity in the choice of where you hang out.

You keep going to these places and stay involved with people like this, and you will end up dead.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

You really have a poor grasp of the human condition don't you?

Still rambling on about shit you know nothing about I see.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, grasshopper, you have seen so much more than I have in your 24 years at home with mama, :shrug:

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Probably, you would be surprised what one learns when one head is not up one's rear.

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

Having spent most of my adult life as a headbanger, all bar two years of the past 24 with long hair, schlepping around in jeans and a bike jacket, I don't look worth robbing. Facially, I don't look kind. People tend to back down from conflict with me.

No, because we have strict guns laws, that's very rare over here. People who risk the penalties for having an illegal firearm go for more rewarding targets like banks.

No, I have never been shot at. Guns are rare, it just doesn't happen. It may be too late for America to rid itself of it's illegal gun problem, but firearms restrictions have worked in the UK, so much so we don't think we need guns to defend ourselves. Surely, you would prefer to feel like you didn't need one?

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

So tell me when you remove your's.

Maybe then you will learn someting.

11. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

This is the US, not the UK. And the fact that I live in one of the most dangerous cities in the US which has the highest crime rate, highest STD rate, and as of recently, was rated number 10 out of 150 for being the most miserable cities in the US with a population over 375K, I do feel as though I need my weapons for my own protection.

I've been to the UK many times, and you guys do have a system that works... for you. The US has tried many times to minimize firearms with no avail. We simply have too many people, too many firearms and too much crime. It would take a century, if not more, to fully implement a system here in America that would significantly reduce weapon-related crimes nationwide. However, stricter gun laws are not the answer. The more illegal you try to make something, the more people are going to want it.

Simply put, the UK has never had as many people, guns, or crime rate that the US has.

Yes it would be nice to feel as if I did not need it. However, it doesn't mean that I wouldn't still keep it.

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Still the same old buffalo. takes everything he uses from other people. grow up and learn to think for your self.

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

OK, so what extra restrictions could you live with to make it harder for criminals to get guns?

Registration and licensing? In the UK, you have to get a Firearms Certificate, which means you have to have a place to securely keep your guns, and that has to be inspected and passed by the Police, and then you have to have range safety test, and also have passed background checks for criminal convictions, and psychometry.

One you have your F.A.C. you can buy guns and ammunition. When you buy a gun, the vendor notifies the licensing authority which gun you have bought, and these details are added to your F.A.C. You can only sell your guns to someone else with an FAC, and then it moves from your license to theirs. You have to show your license when you buy ammunition, and can only buy ammunition for guns on your license.

Could you live with that? It stops second hand sales without background checks, and restricts ammunition to those with legitimate licenses. OK, people could buy ammunition, and sell it on to criminals, but I doubt many law abiding citizens would dare, and the few that would, would show up purchasing large volumes, and might have to answer a few questions.

Could you live with such a system?