I hate guns.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by laladopi, Jan 3, 2009.

1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

nice logical fallacy.a pretty good strawman. I'm not talking about restricting your life. there are minor things like posture and body language that if not paying attention to can make you a target.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I think that one nailed her...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

PJDUDE:

Maybe there is something that you don't understand...

Most robbery is premeditated.

I live in a city which over 77% of robbery crimes are committed by black males. Now, 82% of that 77% are committed against white people .

Maybe you don't quite understand, that ESPECIALLY in the city that I live (which BTW has the highest crime rate in the US as of last year), that I don't know exactly how many of those crimes are purely racially motivated and aren't just coincidence that the victim is white, but with statistics like that, you can't really ponder too long.

I don't know what goes through these peoples heads. I don't know if they see a white person and automatically judge self-proclaimed superiority or something like that. I don't care.

And we are getting way off topic anyway...

My point is this, when you live in an area where by statistics you are more likely to be attacked or robbed due to your skin color (whether or not your skin color is the motivation), what do you do then? As a white male myself, what am I to do? Paint my skin brown every time I go out to reduce the odds?

Yes, I know what you are going to say. "You could move". And no I can't. I would if I could but I have a good job here.

And I shouldn't have to move. Why should I change my entire life for a bunch of criminal a***oles?

And again, I've said it once and I will say it again. That is why I have a gun. To reduce the odds of someone successfully robbing or attacking me.

My gun is legal, registered and I have a concealed carry license.

I would much rather take my chances in court explaining to a judge why I defended myself by blowing some guys kneecap off than to be lying dead in the street because some d**kweed decided he wanted my car by any means necessary and I couldn't do squat about it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

Thus proving that concealed carry laws have done little to diminish your crime rate.

Also, most robberies happen when people are out. I hope you secure any other firearms before leaving the house, and don't leave them for thieves to find, as hundreds of thousands of legally held weapons fall into the hands of criminals that way each year. Legal gun ownership fuels illegal ownership.

8. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

I've been robbed a number of times, as well as have had family robbed at gun point a number of times.

It's not about lowering crime rate, its about keeping myself, my property and my family safe.

And the ONLY way someone is going to get my gun is if they kill me first. My weapon never leaves my side unless I'm traveling out of state or via an airport. It is next to my bed when I rest, and in my holster when I am awake. Some view it as paranoia, but I do not. It is merely one way to secure my safety as best as I can. When I am unable to carry it, it is locked securely in a weapons safe at an undisclosed location.

Having spent time in the military and in Iraq, I believe myself to be fully aware of firearm safety and responsibility.

I began carrying it around full-time, if you will, after the second time I was robbed at gun-point. The individual who robbed me made off with about $10K worth of goods (which was mostly returned except for my TV, and a few watches). Later the next day, he was apprehended after shooting and severely wounding an elderly man while trying to rob their residence about 40 minutes from where I lived. Two trials and 7 months later, the man is now serving 65 years behind bars for attempted homicide, breaking and entering, burglary, drug possession and a number of other charges, where he will most likely die there.

Now think about this. Had I had my firearm at the time I was robbed by this man, I could have easily wounded him, keeping him from escaping and thus having the man arrested. This would have prevented the events that followed on the other family. So yes, it does prevent a level of crime.

Two last questions for you as well as pjdude...

Have you EVER been robbed, much less at gun-point? And have you ever been shot or shot at? If not, now would be a good time to drop the argument.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

MZ3Boy84, they would rather depend on the good graces and charity of a thug piece of street scum, because they weren't resisting, for their safety.

Sounds like a good why to die.

pj, has already shown his situational awarness, as he claims to have been in the position of having his throat cut several times.

10. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

I somehow doubt their story regarding a knife to the throat. But hey, who am I to judge? Maybe it did actually happen. Don't know, don't really care.

What I do know is that if I were in that situation, they would be getting a slug in the stomach.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Like I say situational awareness, be ahead of the curve, and then you are in command of the situation and they have to react to you.

Something they are woefully unaware of, why would you place your self in situations were drugged up people even have the ability to put a knife to your throat?

12. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Solution.
    Stop being violent, everyone do they're part
    in communication without deception.

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

its nice that you think it impossible to protect yourself without a weapon. I don't need to cater to the more basic instincts.

Your showing why people like you and buffalo shouldn't have guns. Your first instinct is to use it not to try and remove yourself from the situation.

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

never been robbed. I have never made myself a target despite spending time in rather high crime areas.
    Nope but I have had guns drawn on me. I have in my life had a gun used in my defense once and that was against an animal.

15. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Bullets travel faster than fists. Enough said.

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yes it is. You have shown you would rather kill than not.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

You have never made your self a target?

Then explain this?

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No, we would rather survive than take a dirt nap.

19. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Ya know Buffy,

, I think this is the first issue where you and I think alike. Congrats!

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I think there are more than you think.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

what ever it takes to allow you to deal with the taking of a life.

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

those were people loosing control of them selves and coming at me. there is no way to defend against that. The only thing you can do is keep a level head so everyone can walk away alive something your idea of a good solution doesn't have happening.

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Why did you put your self in a situation were you would get into a situation like that, going to drug parties is not conducive to long life especially when other participants have psychological problems dealing with drugs.

You went to the Party and put yourself in harms way.

And yes the situation could have been avoided, you chose not to.

And as you posted you have done this several time.

And it is the actor who is taking drugs who is responsable for his behavior, and if that behavior becomes threatining and with a weapon invlouved, he is asking for early retirement.