I hate guns.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by laladopi, Jan 3, 2009.

1. phlogistician Banned Banned

That from someone who doesn't understand the term 'rate'! Priceless! How many times did I have to explain the murder rate in the USA is around four times that of the UK? How many times did you bring population it?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Pure and utter ignorance. :roflmao:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

ahem...intended...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Please explain?

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And you don't know the actual murder rate because the the Government does't add a murder to the rates until it is ajudicated and a verdict is rendered.

And as I have pointed out we have 4 times the population, which will affect the murder rates, even in England the murder rates in the densly populated cities is higher than in the less populated country side.

So:

Crime Factors
    Factor, General Effect, Status in Cambridge, Effects in Cambridge ... High population density also leads to a higher residential crime rate. ...

http://www.ci.cambridge.ma.us/cpd/reports/1998/factors.html

Residential Population & Population Density High population leads to higher residential crime rate (residential burglaries, larcenies from motor vehicles, domestic assaults, auto theft). High population density also leads to a higher residential crime rate. Population of about 100,000; Very high density (about 15,000 per square mile) Higher residential crime rate than cities of fewer than 100,000
    Higher residential crime rate in densely populated neighborhoods of Mid-Cambridge, North Cambridge, Cambridgeport

Low residential crime rate in sparsely populated areas of Cambridge Highlands, Strawberry Hill, Agassiz

--------------------------------------------------

PDF]Public Safety CRIME RATE THE OUTCOME A safe comm...
    demand and population. • Changes in demographics that affect the crime rate. Factors to. consider include population density, composition of the population, ...

www.carlsbadca.gov/police/servicepdf/pm_crimerate.pdf -

WHAT THE DATA MEANS
    The index crime rate is one indicator of the level of crime in the community. The crime rate also reflects the effective strength of patrol and investigations in preventing crimes, citizens' attitudes toward crime, and crime reporting practices of the citizenry.
    Some of the factors that influence crime rates include: population density; composition of the population, particularly youth concentration; population stability; commuting patterns; economic conditions such as median income, poverty level, and job availability; cultural factors; education levels; religious characteristics; family conditions with respect to divorce and family cohesiveness; and climate.

9. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

I enjoy guns for recreational use. I enjoy them more for when I need them... protection.

And don't give me any BS about how I don't need guns. If it wasn't for mine, I would not be alive right now.

My options were to either get stabbed and take my chances of living, or pull the trigger, increasing my chances of survival.

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Been in that position too, and it's not cool no matter what you do, but I would rather be judge by 12 than carried by 6.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

If you had to pull the trigger guess what it means you fucked up. I am willing to bet 90% of the incidents cited of how having a gun "saved" your life could have easily been avoided with some basic common sense. A person who owns a gun a relies on it to keep them safe rather than trying to avoid getting into situations where they would need it shouldn't have the gun. I have been in a couple of situations where having a gun could have "saved" my life. In some of those I was with someone who owned a gun. If said gun was used in these situations someone would have been severely hurt or killed but because the people who I was with as well as me decided to remain calm and reasonable everyone involved was able to walk away unharmed.

12. John99 Banned Banned

but that has nothing to do with the other situations.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Well basic common sense leaves you out.

90% of the incidents I have seen cited where were the criminal came to the home or business of the Victim, so how do you avoid that?

In the three time that guns have saved my ass, I was about my business, selling Insurance, and was well aware of the fact that I was being targeted, as I was returning to my car or hotel after meeting with clients.

Some Cretans are just to stupid to know better, in two incidents, just by demonstrating I was armed ended the threat, in the last incident the lower end of the gene pool didn't think I would shoot, He was over confident and not paying attention to my demeanor, and he paid for it, a long bellyache.

14. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

ok...

15. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

???

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

Not true, and we already buried that myth. Coroners record the death as a murder, not judges.

Four times the population, and how many more times land mass? I think you'll find the UK is pretty densely populated.

If it's cities you have to worry about, again you're proving you're a pussy, because you live in a small town, and therefore don't need a gun for protection, but are paranoid enough to want one. You can't argue it both ways.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Not doing whatever it was that made you seem like an easy target.

18. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

That is the most ignorant BS I've ever heard. So I'm supposed to not stay home, not get gas as a gas station, not do anything I would normally do just to avoid someone committing a crime against me?

That is why we have guns. So we can LIVE our lives free of fear, having faith that if someone does attack me while I am getting gas, sitting at home, or doing anything, that I would be able to defend myself.

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

You must excuse pj he still lives at home with momy.

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

no your supposed to be aware of how a potential attacker would view you and take steps to make your less as unviable of a target as possible and in a confrentation resort to force last.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

another day another buffalo roam insulting post another bit of proof he is nowhere near the person he thinks he is.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

What are you saying, this makes no sense at all??????????????

Now as I have been taught and learned from around the world, you are suppose to be aware of any potential attacker and make a plan to deal with any potential threat.

That plan can range from avoidance, evasion and escape, to the use of force and to the use of deadly force and under what conditions you will apply that force.

See the threat first, that is the first rule, know what your your going to do is second, and act like you know what you are doing, that is the third rule.

It is not incumbent that you restrict your life style to allow the scum of the earth to interfere with your normal course of Life and Business, they should be the one to change their life style, so as not to interfere with your legal pursuits.

If you live in that manner that I think you are talking about, you will never have a life and will be a victim all of your life.

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Well where do you live? am I wrong about that?