I couldn't find a good answer on google. pleas help

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Shadow1, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Emil Valued Senior Member

Yesss......:yay:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

the middle east deserts, will becoem green for sure

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

yes, that's a good news

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Emil Valued Senior Member

8. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

does it say anything about north africa, and tunisia?

9. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

i don't think it's about what i want, or anything to do with global warming and climate change. where r u from? because i saw some times you saying that you're not good at english

10. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

nevermind, i saw, you're 52? waow, you're older than my fother

11. Emil Valued Senior Member

You're right is not about global warming but may be solution in terms of energy.
    If I offended you, please forgive me. :truce:

Transylvania, Romania

12. Emil Valued Senior Member

I would like to think I am much younger than my physical age.

But back to global warming.

13. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

no.. you didnt offend me. how was that?

anyway, the concerne is not the energy, but, the envirement, the energy have so so many solutions, but, what i'm consurned about, is, that tunisia to use more oil, since new oil discovered, not much, but, a good quantity, also increase in production of natural gas, and exporting it by 2012, but, i wish that the country kee^it's moving into renewebal before reaching the nuclear wich is in 2020 , and also to push scientific reasearch more(uranium: no worry, we have a lot of phosphate, that uranium can be extracted from it) also morroco have alot of phosphate is today used to manufature the soil fertilizers, but plans are on to extract uraium, go google, extracting uranium from phosphate tunisia, ) anyway, as i said, energy is not the real concerne, we are going solar, thermal, some wind, nuclear, etc... and i'm thinking of a power plant, that produce fresh water, electricity, and salt,

and also using hydrolical, and solar in it,and wave power, anyway, each time i add something,

i'll draw it when i find time, but i wan't tell how i'm thinking of making it work, but, i'll ask for help on sciforums if i needed about few things

14. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

hehehe, yupe

15. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

anyway, but, guys, about the nuclear in tunisia, where to put the nuclear trash?? it's a small land, i mean, where to put? and surely, we don't want to build a power plant with nuclear, near a place where people live, but, if it is going to be buit in desert, it's too hot, in north, many people, in center, many people too, idk, maybe in sea? we have some small empty islands, could those islands be a good target? is their a way to treat these trash, most tunisians, are ecolo, means, care about the envirement, so most of who know about this plant, would be worried about whre to put the trash, and where to build the plant, knowing the 2020 plant.

16. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

It needs water for cooling so probably by the sea.
    Tunisia has cities spread out, so probably midway down the coast, near Sfax would make the most sense from a power distribution point of view.
    Nuclear waste takes up little area, so probably just kept in ponds nearby till they cool, then in specially made Casks, or sold and reprocessed elsewhere.

Arthur

17. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

but, people would propably want it to be away of them, well, the location is hard to choose, i think the location articles say is "skhira" and another one, they'll choose between them, but, that power plant, want be the last one, but only the first, what about the rest of plants, where to build them?
    some pictures for the plant in here http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=103164&page=5

18. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Well Skhira is just 60 or so miles south of Sfax and on the coast so I think my suggestion of Sfax was pretty much dead on.

My guess is they would build it outside of, Skhira, between it and Sfax.

15 to 20 miles outside the city center is plenty far enough for any conceivable problem with a modern reactor.

As to other reactor, normally you build several at the same site because you have to allow for refueling and down time on each reactor, which can take months.

With a population of just 10 or so million people, I don't think you really need to start worrying about where to put the 3rd/4th reactor that soon.

When you do, my guess would be up North, on the coast, nearer to Tunis.

Arthur

19. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

yeah, propbaly,but, do you think it would make a negative effect on the envirement? i mean, what about the nuclear trash, and, would that power plant would be, an old model or something? or with the latest technology?

anyway, i think the best place for that power plant, is an empty island of the small empty ones, or on the sea, or something, that would be thes best, right?

20. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

did anyone hear of the project to build an inner sea in the sahara between algeria and tunisia, feeded by algeria mountains with rivers, and go to medeterrenian to drop their with a canal passing from tunisia? to improve the weather, and cool it down, and etc..., it's cost would be 20 millions dollar, or with billion, sugested in 1981, or in 1800+something, was going to be maked, but, they didnt, now this project back to discussion in many tunisian forums, would that be a good idea, they didnt want to make it because it will make some underground water sources salty, and other efects they don't know that may be negative

21. Emil Valued Senior Member

Do not forget it must be high voltage cables under water.

22. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

23. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

They have almost no effect on the environment (add waste heat to the water)

You want them far enough away from population centers that one could, in a worst case scenario, evacuate people downwind of the reactor in a reasonably short period of time. This is where the 15 or so miles away is typical. Normal Western reactors can't explode and burn like the Soviet Graphite Moderated reactor used in Chernobyl did, so don't use that as your baseline. Any reactor installed in Tunisa would have a containment vessel as part of the design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q35xHzjxB0

As to the nuclear waste, it is actually very small in quantity, so it can be kept on site in deep pools of water while it cools (several years) and then stored in concrete casks, also on site.

http://www.nrc.gov/images/waste/spent-fuel-storage/dry-cask-storage/dry-cask.gif

No one would build an old model. There would be no savings for doing so. For the size of country like Tunisia I'd think reactors like the Canadian CANDU would be a likely choice due to cost/size/complexity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANDU_reactor

Arthur