I can't ignore a moderator, why?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Beer w/Straw, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You are talking to draqon...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

On second thought. Billy T hasn't responded. So the other moderators can condemn me as a piece of trash.

Why should you expect anything from me when you stick to stupidity? It;s already been posted.

I'm nothing myself, burn me.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Maybe you should stop drinking now... just a thought.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Does that mean I'm not right?

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

My point is that you're not doing yourself any favors by posting drunk. Go get some sleep.

9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Favors that my textbooks disagree with...

Does this forum help or hinder me?

10. Bells Staff Member

Firstly, I cannot see where anyone has called you a piece of trash or referred to you as that in this thread. If someone has, if a member or moderator has referred to you as that, can you please link the post in question and I assure you, I will burn their backside over hot coals for it.

Secondly, no one is sticking to anything. We are simply trying to provide you with the tools and solutions to help you deal with the current problems you are facing.

Thirdly, what has already been posted? And why should we burn you? Why would we want to?

If there is something else at play here, that we are not aware of, then perhaps you need to tell us.

11. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Your post is nothing but a red herring.

Trying to incite an emotional response.

12. Bells Staff Member

Truth be told, I am trying to calm your emotional response down.

As I noted previously, Beer, no one has called you a "piece of trash", nor does anyone here believe or think of you that way. If someone here has said that to you, then you need to let us know.

We have provided you with solutions to your problem and how to deal with the problem. If you find the advice I am giving you on how to handle this to be a red herring, then really, there is no point in my trying to help you further. Perhaps you do not want solutions and perhaps you want a confrontation of sorts. I am not here to give that to you.

13. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

I would say you are probably more right than me in the technical stuff you reply to, and I say this because you are quick to nail a crank.

I also think you're right about most of what you said about the thread, and the rest of what you said is neither right or wrong because it's how you feel. But from the above I would say you have a rational reason for feeling that way.

You are also right in the logic that connects the main forums with true science. And you are right in attacking Farsight's relentless invasions into those threads, his relentless attacks on academia, his willfully ignorant content, and his moronic claims to be the Donald Trump of science punditry, etc.

I think your point here is that when Billy T joined in, it was an opportune time for a mod with a science education to grab Farsight by the ear and take him out to the shed. Billy recused himself, explaining why he had turned in his sheriff's badge.

Then I think there was some technical exchange I missed, allegedly because a page of posts vanished. That I don't understand at all, since the likelihood of that happening due to a glitch is so slim.

It sounds like you were expecting Billy to police the thread. Obviously that did not happen, so I can understand your feeling that this reflects poorly on the site.

I missed where Billy or any other mod insulted you but I have seen a snipe from a member or two, in reply to some harmless wit you offered.

That leaves a few stones unturned, but yes, we should be able to ignore content from mods.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  14. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

read it again.

15. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

This has puzzled me. Shouldn't it be illegal to bring hearsay evidence from academics into the threads? Not to stray from Beer's main points here but this thought has crossed my mind every time tashja does that. More outrageous was the recent case of the "professor" (who abandoned academia after earning a PhD in 1968) who was allegedly following the thread but using tashja as an intermediary. What is this? A coven? Geez, people we are talking (mostly) about freshman science. Come forward and state your case. It's not like NSA cares that you're nuts. I mean, they do have bigger fish to fry...

16. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

Krash, that is almost trolling, if you have a different opinion, post it.

I posted my read, in the original thread and then an abbreviated version here.

17. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

i am curious how tashja is receiving all these responses from these professors.
    if you notice, they all end in the same sense," hope this helps "
    so i attempted to go to all of tashja post to look into this but ran into a brick wall.
    tashja has his post set to " This member limits who may view their full profile. "

18. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

You could just ask them.

There is a possibility that he might have access to a closed membership site (paid for?) or even belong to a particular group. (There are some auspicious groups that a person can belong if they have the credentials to back them.)

19. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

yeah, this is my main thought. my last thought is,it's all fictitious and the same person is writing it all.
    but i do not want to think that.

20. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

You mean I'm an idiot.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I think this has run its course...

Beer, when you are sober and calm, please, I beg you, put together a single, detailed explanation of what you are upset about and send it to us. For now, I'm closing this thread to (hopefully) give you time to cool down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.