I can see minute internal molecules/particles in air with my NAKED EYES. what I do?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Golden_eyes, May 27, 2008.

1. sunshaker Registered Member

I know about size and speeds, but i also know what the human mind/brain is capable of.

Our only limits are what we place upon ourselfs.

It seems some of our brains can process more information at higher speeds, dont worry if your brain is still running analogue, there is still much for you to experience in these lower levels. Perhap read a book?

I joinned this thread because it is something i have always seen, i also have friends who also see, others in this thread also see these particles, instead of trying to find out what these particles are you end up having to defend yourself, and your intelligence.

Perhaps its just rainning bowling balls in the next door dimension then. case closed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sunshaker Registered Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Yes, well noted.
    That could be a possible explanation for the flashes seen in space by astronauts,
    and occasionally on the earth, by Billy T and others.
    It would still have to be cosmic rays rather than neutrinos, for reasons already given.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Clearly you do not.

Demonstrably false. It is fun to pretend we live in a fantasy world, but you know as well as I do that you can't break natural laws, no matter what limits we do or do not 'place on ourselves', nature does not give a crap what you want to believe. Refuse to limit yourself within the confines of gravity - see how that goes for you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Your brain does not appear to be processing much of anything.

That is your whole problem 'in a nutshell'. You do not have to defend yourself, you are being given an opportunity to learn something and instead you are becoming more vehement in your unsupportable assertions

Enjoy your fantasy - I prefer reality - but that is just me I guess.

8. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Below this top diagram is a link to a "google earth tour" of this world's largest observatory - the pierre auger observatory -1600 large water tanks, 1.5 Km apart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTpMPh6f9Y In some ways it is like a large human eye with each water tank acting like one retinal cell.

One interesting thing (to me at least) is they get the extremely accurate time needed from GPS. I.e. they know exactly where the tanks are, so turn GPS around to learn precisely when the events (flashes of Cherenkof light in the tanks ) occurred. I think that avoids needing a very precise clock at each tanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
  9. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

That video said that the energy of a cosmic particle could be as great as a tennis ball moving at 60 MPH.
    I'm amazed. I was thinking more of "kick of a flea" levels of energy.

That would punch a hole through steel, never mind activate a few retinal cells.
    I wonder if astronauts suffer any damage from them striking their eyes every few minutes?

Added later.
    Yes they do. Cataracts. see http://www.spacedaily.com/news/radiation-04j.html

Astronauts must come back from space like human colanders!
    They also risk premature ageing and cancer.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ncer--premature-ageing--travelling-space.html

10. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I suspect you are a little confused about what activates the retinal cells. It is NOT the comic ray but the Cerenkov radiation the ray produces as it travels thru the vitreous humor filling the eyeball faster than light can. I. e. in that liquid light can only travel about 70% of the speed of light in a vacuum, but the charged primary ray particle is traveling 99+% of the vacuum speed of light and making an "optical shock wave" - many photons, which activated nearly all the retinal cells. - why you see a flash, not a point or a streak of light.

If by chance the primary ray did hit the nucleus of one of the thousands of atoms making up the retinal cell, it would lose a tiny fraction of its huge energy and produce a perhaps even a dozen (probably less) secondary cosmic ray "daughters" These in turn would make 3d generation daughters if they happen to hit a nucleus, not likely. Many of them would be charged, and generally traveling approximately in the same direction as the primary ray particle was, and still with almost the vacuum speed of light. I.e. they would make more Cerenkov radiation in the clear vitreous humor. This would also be the case if the primary ray hit a nucleus of an atom making up vitreous humor molecules, but again the nucli are small, so most likely no secondary daughters are produced as the primary ray particle passes thru your eyeball.

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Astronauts almost always reported that the flashes were white, with one exception in which the astronaut observed "blue with a white cast, like a blue diamond." There were a few different types of flashes: "spots" and "stars" were observed 66% of the time, "streaks" were observed 25% of the time, and "clouds" were observed 8% of the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_ray_visual_phenomena

The variety must depend upon where the ray strikes.
    They aren't agreed about the cause.

Some people say it is from the ray striking the visual centre in the brain.
    Perhaps they could do some experiments at the LHC.
    Willing to put your head inside?

12. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Not at all probable because: (1) Random excitation of brain cells do not produce perceptions that come from sensory input excitations - They can cause lose of consciousness, etc. with electrical shock. (2) if flashes of light were caused by Charged particle passing thru visual cortex, then charged particle passing thru auditor cortex should make some booms etc. Cosmic rays do pass thru all parts of the brain. The Cerenkov light excitation of photo sensitive retinal neurons is CERTAIN to occur.

Fact that some times there is a blue tinge to the flash also supports that it is caused by Cerenkov light produced in the clear vitreous humor. In most cases the flash will be so intense that white light will be perceived as all color photo receptors are driven into full saturation - like strong external light flash of even some what colored light is perceived as white. It is just that if all color receptors are very well excited, white light is perceived. If the Cerenkov light is not an intense flash, then the fact that Cerenkov radiation is normally is mainly blue (or near UV for very energetic particle) makes the bluish tint. Some trajectories of the charged particle may pass thru very little of the vitreous humor and not make very intense flashes so their bluish tint can be seen, but they would be rare.

If you have the chance to see the bluish Cerenkov glow in the cooling water of a nuclear rod storage unit (in dark or dim light) or a small research reactor as I have - standing on the "cat walk" over the reactor's pool it is a strange, beautiful sight. You have knowledge that radiation is dangerous but you see it only reaches out a meter or two at most from the source and know you are safe as several meters more of water exist above the glow. I am not sure, but suspect without much thought, that the light is bluish at least in part for the same reason the sky is blue - light scattering goes as the inverse fourth power of the wavelength.

13. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  14. halim Registered Member

Hello golden_eyes,
    I see the same thing like you. Until now I'm still looking for answer.
    I found this video on you tube
    "m.youtube*com/watch?v=bAxecGeh1MY"
    Not 100% the same visual but something like that.

15. Intersect Registered Member

you might be a fully grown designer baby and not know it,endowed with optical genes that hybridize the genes of chemotaxis with human dna,creating a multiplied array of sensors sensing changes in chemical gradients that become motifs converted to visual form somehow enmeshed with human vision allowing you to see molecules..

heh im only joking, but it sure would be nice to be able to see up close individual molecules though ..

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  16. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

17. halim Registered Member

hi Billy,
    I will explain in more detail what my eyes can see:
    1 . Initially it's look like scattered dust in the room in which the light is not too bright and my eyes is behind the position of the light , then I noticed after I saw luminous dots and then after a few minutes my focus I finally saw the dots like sperm when viewed through a microscope .
    2 . When outdoors when the sun is not too bright or the sun is in the back of my head to see the trees surrounded by these spots and in the free air of course .
    3 . In the dim light in the room of my house I see look like a vortex of swirling wind or maybe like a small fountain on the floor I do not believe that I can feel and touch .
    then when I look outside I see the biggest in outdoor is about 150 cm with a diameter of 65 cm .
    4 . Once was in the night as it approached the sun rose I saw a cloud shaped like a big roll of the cylinder from the earth to the sky , and the visible reels spinning and swaying .

with my ear I can hear the sound of rats in the high tone voice communication
    I do not know maybe I have a little more sensitive ears

I guess that's a bit strange to me

when I ask other people none of them understand what I see . Maybe here I can get an answer scientifically .
    sorry for my bad english, thanks for the response

18. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Yes, so do many of us see these particles. Read the thread and you will find the explanation. The bit about the cloud and rats is another subject, however.

19. Summerj27 Registered Member

I see that too

Hello I also see that too when I look up into the blue sky and see dots consistently moving. I can also make my eyes go blurry anytime and when I look up into the stars at night and make my eyes go blurry the stars look like fireworks and when I see the city lights at night it looks like fireworks too.
    Can anyone else do this?.

20. Nancyhpdx Registered Member

Me too I see them when inside as well, I noticed it for the first time yesterday after a long meditation and am able to relax focus of my eyes and see them still inside or out sunny or overcast bright or dark. It's not floaters this are nothing like a floater!

21. Nancyhpdx Registered Member

no

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

I see similar things when I look at visually "quiet" fields. Also in the dark; stare into a dark room for long enough and you will start to see motion. That's primarily your brain doing its job and trying to extract information from the noise coming from your retina.

23. kilao Registered Member

Thank you for your contribution to the sake of this entire world and mankind.