I am not a number, I'm a free man!!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by invert_nexus, Jun 15, 2004.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

AArrrgghh!!! I just finished downloading and watching all the episodes of The Prisoner. Unfortunately, it's not all the episodes. The last two are missing. How can I live with this? Who is number One? Where is the Island? I want Information!!

Anyone know where I can get the last two episodes? I got the others through bit torrent, but haven't found the last two episodes anywhere. Help!!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. Chips Banned Banned

Ah, you're missing the best of the whole series, IMHO. I watched it religiously when it first came out. A couple of years ago the SciFi channel had a prisoner marathon.

"All you need is love," the Beatles song, closed the series.

Good luck in your search.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I'd never seen it before. I think I saw part of the election episode a long time ago before I even knew what it was. The rest of my knowledge about it was restricted to the Iron Maiden song that sampled the words from the first or second episode.

I'm betting that either he is only a prisoner in his own mind or he is dead or both. But, this is from yesteryear and I'm not sure if those concepts were used much in the old days. Too many strange things happen for it to be in the real world.

It might be that he is strapped in a chair having visions induced. Something like Brazil. Now that's a movie I haven't seen in awhile. I'll have to try to remember it next time I'm at the video store. I wonder if there's any prisoner dvd's at the video store. Probably not.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I went and looked at an episode guide. Turns out that they don't "solve" anything in the last episode anyway, but I'm still pissed I can't find the last episode. Turns out that's all I'm missing. I've got 16 of them. Very good quality for downloaded material as well.

8. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

aargh, ive known about the prisoner for 8 years now, can i find it on tv? Nope.

9. Mr. Chips Banned Banned

The last episode resolved much to answer the questions you ask and it makes sense, though, I don't know about that missile. It's been a long time since I've seen it.

10. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

You'll get no resolution. The most popular theory argues that McGoohan's character in 'The Prisoner' is the very same one he played in 'Secret Agent Man'. Check that show out, and it might clarify things.

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

You're mashing two names together! The show was named 'Danger Man' in the UK, or 'Secret Agent' in the USA afaik. I think some copies on video bore both names.

12. Cromwell Registered Member

Did you get the final episode?
    If not I have it.

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

How many episodes actually are there?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Cromwell Registered Member

17 Episodes

15. Cromwell Registered Member

17 episodes.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Oh, cool, then I've found the right torrent.
    Thanks!

17. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

If you want a clue to who number One is, pay very close attention to the opening sequence shown before each show, especially the conversation with number 2.

18. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Yikes.
    This old thing has been resurrected.

Cromwell,

No. I never found the 17th episode. You have it you say? How would you go about delivering it? Do you use bit torrent?

/* (Never mind, Cromwell. I found it on a bit torrent site. Thanks for bringing this up and reminding me.) */

Janus,

It's been a long time.... I wonder if I still have them? I think I saved them on CD somewhere...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  19. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

IRON maiden wrote a song based on that show... a killer tune.
    (THE PRISONER).. I THINK.
    -MT

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Hmm.
    The last episode sucks ass.
    Wish I'd left well enough alone.

And, yes, Mosheh. Iron Maiden did write a song with the lead-in being the intro to the show. "We want information... Information..."
    That was my first introduction to that famous bit. Probably would never have heard of the Prisoner if not for Iron Maiden.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't have heard of it if not because of Devil Doll album "The girl who was... Death"
    http://www.devildoll.nl/

It's a whole album devoted to it! Including the famous phrase with which begins every serie "Where am I, In the village,....." at the end.

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I just watched the last episode and think it's really great!! Awesome! It puts everything in place.
    I know what Number one is.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Something I remember hearing about the actual script writing for the show, apparently they didn't really have any overall plan as to where it would go, so the series was written on the fly.