I am considering brainwashing to fix my son: religious experiment.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by jayleew, Oct 12, 2010.

1. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

god forbid..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i do realize that, but that's not why i believe in god. i believe in god because god paranormally slapped me in the face, repeatedly. god lovingly beat the holy shit out of me for a long long time before i ever got a glimpse of "happiness". i don't think that happiness is what it's about honestly. lots of really detrimental things can make you happy, but the truth is hard knocks. and yes, it's a personal thing, and i don't expect anyone to take my word for it. i wasn't willing to take anyone else's word for it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I am not really sure. I would probably enlist the assistance of a child psychologist to have your son evaluated as well as your idea. His behavioral issues could be due to an number of things, but like all children you ultimately want to get him to a point where he can stand on his own.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lilalena Registered Senior Member

Change the psychiatrist not the religion

Change the psychiatrist, not the religion.
    Find a psychotherapist (who isn't hung up on Freud) - psychiatrists have the power to medicate-it makes them less creative to find solutions. Also they actually get incentives to prescribe.

Your child won't understand any religion you try to teach him if he's on pills. The medication works because it dulls his senses - adding more confusion. If he already believes that he is a bad child then he probably gives himself license to do more bad since he's got nothing to lose. He needs to be made to feel good about himself, not be given more reason to be afraid.

Your project is not possible to bring off on the time that you have left over after work anyway. He needs all day care from at least one of his parents. The person who suggested changing the environment completely was right. Unfortunately it all seems to boil down to choosing between your career or your child. And if you are one of those people whose identity is very much tied to their work then it boils down to: choosing between yourself or your child. I guess it's understandable if you would rather try anything else than make that choice. I'd be horrified to be faced with such a decision myself - it must be why I never want to be a parent.

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

Care to try and make some sense?

9. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Yes God gives that freedom of choice and people who take it with a love of unrighteousness end up being a curse to themselves and a curse to society and a heart-breaking millstone around their parent’s necks. That is of course if their parents love them? The more someone is loved the more hurt they can cause. If they love unrighteousness that is.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

10. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Oh my God will come and have His Way. Be assured of that.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

for being a slut. you've given the ladies an excuse. what's yours?

12. jpappl Valued Senior Member

You have some real issues Adstar. I don't think you were ever loved as a child.

What else can explain your cruelty, beating a man while he is down.

Not to mention the fact that according to you, God made this child so he can play a cruel game on him and his parents.

With you on the sideline playing the cheerleader.

13. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

that was right after he said "I know exactly what i'm doing,i don't need god"..(JK)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. phlogistician Banned Banned

Who said I was a slut?

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

sorry, that's a relative and irrelevant term. you're missing the point.

you told us about these girls who were "destined" to sleep around, because of their religious upbringing, and then you told us that you slept around with them. if their excuse is their religious upbringing, then what is yours?

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

No, you're missing the point. They got fed bullshit and they rebelled when they learned that everything they had been indoctrinated with was bullshit.

They were free, it was liberation.

17. John99 Banned Banned

Why would somonene rebel for that? Until things are proven we really dont know becaues if we did know these conversations would not rtanspire, would they? And people are give the worng infromation all the time and they dont "rebel" unless they have some other personal problems then maybe.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  18. John99 Banned Banned

Now what you believe...to be the case is an entirely different matter.

19. John99 Banned Banned

cause i tell you something right now (barring distance) seedind a planet is a very viable undertaking.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

so how is that any different from your "liberation"? a matter of timing perhaps? a difference is circumstances (that i see as irrelevant)?

the point is...they're sleeping around, and you're sleeping around. what in the hell is the difference really?

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

You lack so much life experience it's untrue, John.

22. phlogistician Banned Banned

The point is, you're missing the point.

23. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Well, if anyone cares to know, things are going well. I did not end up choosing to use religion. After some time working with my son, I came to the realization through his thinking, that it would not work and I might lose credibility with him. Thanks again to everyone, you seriously helped me out and I am working harder to coach him and allow him to fail with clear rewards and punishments. The philosophy is that we are a family, and he is part of that team with all the rights and privileges entitled to team members. If he plays well then he stays on the field, if not he goes on the bench. I've had to use the bench once this past month. I'm not sure he got the point, but it was more effective than punishments. I'll keep at it.