I am afraid to die

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Saint, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

Hi, i do not understand what you said.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. keith1 Guest

Analyzing is a human mechanism used specifically to enhance survival skills.
    To use them for any other purpose is certainly possible, but is is labeled the minor insignificant "recreational purposes".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

because i can end up in a side show at a carnival in a glass covered box with a blunt hanging out of where my mouth is supposed to be..(true story)
    that way everyone who see's me can point and laugh at me..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

1. Meaningless blather. I am not "so attached to this phyiscal world" but existent in such world where death results in termination of existence.

2. I'd like some evidence that 'ghosts' exist, that they are in fact (clearly material, i.e composed of atoms) walking dead people and that the reason they exist is because they don't know what to do when they're dead.

3. [irrelevant] I'd also like to know why 'ghosts' don't fall through the floor. It is one of the more amusing fallacies of the mystical world.

4. Frankly the idea of hanging around being able to see the progression of humankind is infinitely more pleasing than the notion of sitting on a cloud doing sweet bugger all other than worshipping the one entity in the cosmos that has no needs whatsoever and is completely unaffected by it - thus making the worship completely gratuitous.

5. Assuming my non-atom form can somehow interact with matter, (which is necessary in order for me to "bug the shit" out of you), I'll just stick to drinking wine and all the other material things I do already. If I cannot interact with matter, I'm wondering why I wouldn't fall through the floor or how I'd be able to bug anything.

8. Saint Valued Senior Member

if we exist by chance,
    do you think life is a joke?
    we got no ultimate destination, no destiny.
    we are only temporary,
    we are no better than animals.

9. Saquist Banned Banned

I think it varies from person to person but it is my belief that nothing happens at death...no light...nothing. The media is about sensationalism and giving the people what they want.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Actually animals are better than humans in many respects. They don't start wars, don't kill for sport and don't overpopulate as a few examples.

11. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

We exist because of the laws of physics and I doubt anyone thinks life is a joke. It's kind of a silly thought.

That is correct.

Correct again.

We ARE animals.

12. gmilam Valued Senior Member

No joke, this is it.
    Get out there and enjoy it.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Thats not true at-all.

You will be a pile of dust and bones wont you?, isnt that existing.

peace.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

We created you from Dust, you will return to dust in death and be raised up for the day of judge-ment.

Peace.

15. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

what do you mean We?

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Aren't you supposed to append the word "paleface" onto the end of that question?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

The King of Kings does not refer to himself as I, no We will not say "I am stepping out to recieve you", We shall say "We are comming out to recieve you".

I is for a peasant, We is for royalty/

We bid you good day.

Peace.

18. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

now you are saying you are the king of kings??
    with revelation comes arrogance...

19. Keln Registered Member

Ah, bug on a windshield.

Don't you just love how atheists view life?

Makes you wonder why they even go along with the "killing people is wrong" thing.

Does not compute...

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I am Ofcourse not the Most High, I am a creation of his.

Peace.

21. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

1. You could not say "life is a joke" without trying to imply a joker.
    2. Ok, we have no uiltimate destiny - although we do at this moment have an ultimate destination (non existence). I am unsure of the point.
    3. Yes, we are only temporary
    4. We are animals. Primates, mammals, chordata etc. What do you mean precisely by "better than"? Yes, we are more intelligent. No, we are vastly inferior when it comes to flying ability, holding our breath underwater, running, hiding from our foe etc. So we are both "better" and nowhere near as good. I get the impression however that your "better" means something entirely different. What? (It's all slightly too anthropocentric for my liking).

----

Umm.. I doubt I'll be as good a cook but o...k.

22. Saint Valued Senior Member

The Law of Physics allows the existance of Soul -- with eternal property or not?

23. Saint Valued Senior Member

I mean, we are intelligent beings, we are better than animals in many aspects, we have civilization,
    however, we too die and perish as animal, no eternal life, therefore in this context, we are no better than animals:shrug: