I am afraid to die

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Saint, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I've had some pretty shitty conditions, and I still wish for hell over non-existence.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Since you'd be dead you won't know where you are anyway so it really doesn't matter.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

My dad died two days ago. He wasn't afraid of death, but he didn't want his life to end.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saint Valued Senior Member

the shortness of life must be a sad thing, or else why so many people, and religions too, seeking Eternal life?
    why eternal?
    is it because a short life is meningless, only eternal life makes sense?

8. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

see i don't subscribe to that.. just because one believes in God does not mean they have to miss out on any 'fun'..
    and for some becoming a believer enables them to not waste their life..
    believing in god doesn't mean 'do nothing' till you die..

theres the human take..
    what if all of them are the right one? (IE all of them are the same God)
    and most of that interpretation is from the old testament, not the new..
    (OT = 'do as your told', NT = 'think for yourself')

9. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

no worries no fear no pain no hurt no sorrow no no no trouble

10. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

The God of everyone. Have a cookie

11. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Hi my dear. You heard about the birds in BeeBe . Sorry for your loss. You know my pain. It is coming under control now . Man that was a little hard lesson for Me. The things we learn in life , I my self learned this from it : to enjoy any life you have left. It is the sole duty of the living. You never know ?

12. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

So we can explore the stars . If we live a long time we will be able to explore space the final frontier, So you scientist better get busy and come together, You been jerking off to much as of late. We want longer lives! WE want longer Lives! WE Want Longer Lives ! everybody all together now! We want longer lives!

13. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Your feelings about death deny your belief about death.

If you truly believed that you ceased to exist after death then you feelings would be neutral about it.

Your fear of death shows the inner you does not believe what the outer you proclaims.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

14. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Depends what you consider fun and what your beliefs are. If it's one of the religions that calls you a sinner for fornicating then boy are you missing out.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That's a long shot is it not? The various world religions are frequently incompatible with each other, really you have to pick one/one set of beliefs you made up. You could try and hedge your bet and claim it's all the same anyway, but that doesn't make it so, and gives it the same odds as any other belief you can come up with. Choose your one wisely(and technically with an infinite amount of possible combinations your liklihood of choosing the right one is effectively 0).

15. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

By meaning I assume you mean importance. If that's the case then importance doesn't exist. It is a human-made subjective concept that's not real outside the scope of your mind. In other words, the answer is "whatever you want it to be".

Only you can answer that question for yourself; however, from a biological perspective you have a function to collect energy and persist. Naturally, entropy will eventually kill you so your persistence is handled by your children. If you don't persist in a manner that leads to healthy functional children then the genetics which you are made up will no longer be a part of the gene pool.

When you're dead, you won't care. You won't have the ability to care.

16. gmilam Valued Senior Member

'Cuz, as long as I am here, I'd rather not live under a bridge.

17. Saquist Banned Banned

But you've been there before...You've not existed before...
    was that scary?

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I've died once , for about 3 minutes, it wasn't much because I saw nothing, no white light, no voices calling me, nothing at all , just like when you go to sleep and don't dream. I've told this to many news agencies but they won't let me tell about my not seeing anything because they only allow people that they want to show everyone who only saw something. It is strange that the media won't allow those of us, yes there's others out there like myself, who saw nothing , say anything to the citizens. Seems very biased if you ask me, I wonder why they are so afraid to let me tell me story??:shrug:

19. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

they see your character would be my guess. The rudder of a person is there tongue. What is inside you comes out of your mouth and can not be kept hidden when you speak . You could call it your countenance and by the subtleties of your speech people know how you feel. You can run but you can't hide

20. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

that is religion defining what/who god is..that does not mean that is who god is..

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

oh, thank you.

it's my opinion, and i'm sure many here would agree, that i'm blatant and emphatic.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

in the christian sense, eternal life is different from what you're desiring i think. the christian belief is that the consequence of sin is death. so in order for us to have an eternal life, sin must be abolished.

it's my opinion that an eternal life in the condition we are in now would be a horrific curse. it's also my opinion that the mark of the beast will satisfy that curse. it says in the bible that in the last days, men will seek death and will not find it, while being tortured in their existence by a variety of afflictions, atrocities, and cataclysms. hell.

23. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

thank God i use my fingers to talk here..and it has a delete button! So i CAN say anything and keep it hidden..thats what the delete button is for..