I am afraid to die

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Saint, Jan 26, 2011.

1. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

Plan A; nothing after death,(like it was said, try to remember before you were born)

Plan B; the stories are true, there is life after death, there is a heaven.

Plan C; there is no heaven but ppl get reincarnated. (my next life i wanna be a bug.)

Plan D; Groundhog day, you have to live your life over and over again ..

If your living like there is no God, you better be right..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Plan E; you live life like there is a god/afterlife so this life isn't as important, and end up missing out on a whole bunch of fun things because it's the only life you get and you wasted it!

Plan F; if you're living like there is a god, you better be sure you picked the right one, and followed everything 100% to the letter.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. keith1 Guest

The advent of current medical breakthroughs makes your's the first generation that can discuss the realistic possibility of not dying.

But you must tandemly coordinate a rapid move into outer space colonization, as the population will rapidly spike.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm sure the aliens are looking forward to this.

8. jmpet Valued Senior Member

I think that 90% or more of elderly people look forward to death. Of course a lot of it has to do with their withered bodies.

Life is a short warm moment
    And death is a long cold rest.

9. dbnp48 Q.E.D. Registered Senior Member

Both my parents did in the months before they actually died. Neither were in pain but both were, as they said, "ready to go".

10. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

That's not necessarily true. There could be a god that doesn't want to be followed or understood. That's the only god that I could ever accept.
    I remember thinking this way when I was little. It'd be pretty awesome.
    How do you not understand this fear? People create legacies and write books for the same reason. We like to influence and change things, it's the biggest addiction I've ever had myself. To have any worries seems a bit pointless though.

11. keith1 Guest

We've never given them a say in it before. Why would we now

12. Saint Valued Senior Member

if I never existed before i was born, and I cease existing after death,
    then what is the meaning of life?
    i just happened to come to this world, there is no ultimate meaning,
    why struggle so hard to work for living?
    even i can be a billionaire, but after death, everything is Empty,
    it is meaningless to live in this world, because my body, my possesions, everything will be gone.

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

this seems naive.

if i were them, i would annihilate us before we had a chance.

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

with a perception as pathetic and sad as this, i'm not sure what keeps you from offing yourself right now.

that's not a suggestion by the way. just sayin'.

15. keith1 Guest

"If I never existed before i was born, yet I still lived"...is a weighty enough meaning.

16. keith1 Guest

I see you without a mirror, and you are not them.
    They have had plenty of opportunity and failed to do so (annihilate us).
    Therefore they will not or...they cannot.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

what does that mean..."see you without a mirror"?

this is a hope, not so cleverly disguised as a deduction.

18. birch Valued Senior Member

that's because the op stated his/her biggest fear was if there was no afterlife.

if you don't exist, what does it matter? there is no consequence ether way.

what if there was an afterlife that was burning in hell for all eternity? some people believe that too. would he/she rather choose that or an burning in hell for eternity or perhaps being born diseased, deformed and then starving to death? life itself does not necessarily mean that it's good. i think people who don't see this are the ones who have relatively what is called normal lives with occasional ups and downs. they don't realize just how bad living can actually be depending on one's circumstances. so they see their current life as the end and be all and are very attached to it and afraid of losing it.

there is a natural fear of the "process" of death because it is usually unpleasant and also we fear the loss of control and the unknown. also, some fear leaving those they care about behind or not being able to be there for them or for them to suffer or grieve over them and vice versa.

still, though if death really were the end. in some way, it's not that bad considering at least they are not suffering anymore and one day everyone will die. it would be a lot more harrowing if there was an afterlife and one didn't know what happened to their loved ones and where they went and what state they are in.

19. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Well as far as religions go they all have guidelines to follow. Though I suppose you could make your own concept up, without rules and such, but even if that is possible, you still better be sure it's right.

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That my friend is up to you to choose, if you really want to, for only you must know why you want to live no one else can.

Who ever said you must struggle hard to live? No one makes you work you choose what you want out of life and if that requires work then it is a labor of love, not something bad. I know billions of people who get by daily without working "hard" for they are farmers, tribes and collectives that don't want much out of life except to stay here awaile and enjoy where they are as best they can. Many people live in poverty but never know it because they don't know what being wealthy means. They are content in being who they are and where they are for the most part and could change themselves if they really wanted to.

That is correct so just try to get by in life by doing what you can to have the life you want, within reason, instead of trying to reach out and grab the golden ring of money. There are many people who take only for themselves and use others to get where they want and aren't very happy with themselves because they always want more and more which drives them crazy trying to achieve something they can't ever attain in their own minds.

21. Emil Valued Senior Member

Why?
    If you think about death, you do not start a sadness?

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well, fear and sadness are different things. up until recently i would have welcomed death, but being recently married to such a wonderful man who i feel so close too, i must admit i don't like the thought of us being separated by such a thing now. i'm sure though, that's just a symptom of ignorance.

23. John99 Banned Banned

I dont see how life here would be viewed as a waste of time in terms of dying.