Human Right to Brainwash and Prostitute

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by 786, Dec 7, 2009.

1. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

According to Human Rights as known.....

Do Humans have the right to brainwash?
    Do humans have the right to prostitute?

If No, please defend your answer...
    If yes, why do almost all 'human rights' loving countries have problems with prostitution? And if these countries do not respect these Human Rights, why should anyone respect the "Human Rights" that these countries made themselves- because it would seem that it is only a political tool.

Peace be unto you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Eventually, contracting for the use of your own body will be recognized as a human right.

Brainwashing could be considered a form of free speech.

A little human rights is still better than none.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what exactly is brainwashing?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. earth Registered Senior Member

One can only have the things that are entitled to him or her.

I’m not so sure brainwashing or prostitution is on the list of entitlements within The Declaration of Universal Human Rights.

You could write the United Nations and ask that brainwashing and prostitution be incorporated into the Human Rights manifesto as entitlements.

8. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

So you're a sheep?

Peace be unto you

9. earth Registered Senior Member

I'm may be a brick wall, however I do find.......

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  10. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

That explains why you can't think....

Peace be unto you

11. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Ask (Q)... he knows.

Peace be unto you

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I don't know what universal definition of human rights you might be referring to. But I'm a libertarian and our philosophy is fairly simple. One of its cornerstones is: Consenting adults have the right to do anything they choose, so long as they cause no direct harm to others. This specifically includes doing anything we want with, to or into our own bodies. So drugs, risky sports, unhealthy food, tanning, odd sex practices, and the like are all permitted, so long as they are consensual and the people involved are adults.

Therefore prostitution must be permitted. It's your body, lady, you get to decide what you want to do with it. If you want to use it to make money, it's your choice.

Brainwashing, no. Unless you're talking about that cool TV show "Dollhouse," in which the subjects contract to have their memories rewritten every week, are compensated for it, and get their own memories back after five years.

Obviously in the real world there are no absolutes. I'm familiar with the concept of situational ethics: choosing the least bad alternative when no alternative is perfectly good. Just as occasionally there is no alternative to killing someone, perhaps once every few years there's no alternative to brainwashing someone. Maybe it's for the greater good, like forestalling an act of nuclear terrorism, and we can't figure out any other way to thwart the terrorists. But these instances had better be so rare that there isn't even a name for the practice, and the people who do them had better be haunted by them for the rest of their lives and work to build a world in which they won't be necessary any more.
    It's because in practice much prostitution is not a consensual decision. Many young girls are sold into prostitution by their families in poor countries. Others are captured in wars, kidnapped, or convinced by the lie that they're being smuggled into a new life in a more prosperous country. So prostitution has a pretty bad reputation in most of the world and it's easy to understand why decent good-hearted people are opposed to it.

Here in the USA many (but by no means all and probably not even most) prostitutes are drug addicts who resort to prostitution to support their habit. Of course as a libertarian my attitude toward that is that drugs wouldn't be so expensive if they weren't illegal, so it's all the fault of the goddamned shit-for-brains government. In any case the lady knew the risks when she started taking the drugs, so it's not easy to argue that her plight is not the result of her own consensual choice. And every now and then we get a boatload of those girls who were told they were coming to America to get jobs as maids and factory workers, and they end up as prostitutes. It's been said (and I cannot verify this assertion) that many of the men who manage prostitutes' careers ("pimps') deliberately get them addicted to drugs so they'll be easier to manipulate. I do know enough about the phenomenon to know that not all pimps are dishonorable and some of them really are fairly competent managers who make sure their girls are treated decently and get a good wage--because of course that's more money for them too.

Governments have a trick that they often use to sway public opinion against something they want to prohibit. They make it illegal. That automatically pushes it onto the black market where mobsters and other criminals will be involved in the business. Eventually it begins to look rather sordid and the general public will be outraged by it. That's what they did with recreational drugs, and they've also done the same thing with prostitution.

In one U.S. state, Nevada, prostitution is legal (except in the big population centers: Reno, Las Vegas and Carson City), and it's like Holland. The girls have clean establishments in which they work, they get medical checkups regularly, it's a regular job with a schedule, sick leave, vacations, insurance, etc, and it's run like any other business. There are no drugs, no one is ever harmed, they turn away clients who look like bad news, and the girls can leave whenever they want. They make decent money and some of them are just working their way through college.

If prostitution were like that everywhere, there wouldn't be so much antipathy toward it.

Of course the other reason is that the Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Islam, and to a lesser extent Judaism) consider sexual intercourse to be a sin if it's not between a husband and wife. So their campaign against prostitution is simply their attempt to force their religions on all the rest of us. Apparently they're not good enough for us to voluntarily accept them, the way we accept really good food or music without having to be forced.

13. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Could you please explain this to the others in the other Human Rights thread? Because it seems that me being a theist doesn't allow them to swallow some truths.

Peace be unto you

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Yes and Yes

15. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

So why do you have problems with brainwashing kids... Ironically you just made a thread on it.

Peace be unto you

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I assumed you were talking about adults.

If it's children then No and No. Child prostitution is wrong. Child should be taught to be open minded.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sadly, if brainwashing was outlawed there would be no more Muslims.

18. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

So you're brainwashing them to be open minded?

Peace be unto you

19. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Actually if brainwashing was outlawed no one would want to be a scientist, as there wouldn't be as many jobs- they do brainwash the people to get the funding to do all this... Global warming?

Peace be unto you

20. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

If I do not have the right to brainwash and prostitute, what will I do with my Saturdays?

21. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

If you didn't have the right to free speech, you would just shut up :shrug:

Peace be unto you

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Maybe you should define brainwashing. Teaching children to read and speak. Is THAT brainwashing too?

23. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Is it? Are you going to teach them to read and write English- why not latin or greek?

Why open-minded? Teach them to be close-minded... is it because you believe open-mindedness is better? Aren't you brainwashing them?

Do kids want to learn? If you force them to go to school- aren't you brainwashing them by force- Why should they go to school? Are you going to teach them what they want? Or are you going to choose the subjects? Is the material in the subject going to be what they want or are you go to choose the material?

Peace be unto you

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009