Human life and animal life

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by lightgigantic, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Yorda Registered Senior Member

I am conscious of my thoughts. I know that I'm more than an animal and I know that there might be a God and a big bang and I even know English, and much more... this knowledge makes me more conscious.

Animals are conscious of feelings but they don't have conscious control over their thoughts. They can't question things and wonder about the meaning of life and stuff.

Ordinary humans don't even have to think why a human is more conscious and alive than an ant, they just see it. You are a bit more conscious in this subject, so you question why. Humans can express themselves more than animals because they are more conscious of themselves and the world.

Scientists are especially conscious of the world, and religious people are especially conscious of themselves (the spiritual, mental, God).

Animals are also less conscious of time and live in the now. There are so many things that differ us from animals mentally...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You mistake consciousness with arrogance. You are not more than an animal. There is no god. There might not even have been a big bang. you know english, but you don't understand a single thing in Chimp language. Chimps know how to survive in the jungle, where you would perish in a matter of days or even hours.

What is conscious control over thoughts? Blind rage? An erection after seeing a naked woman?

Why would a chimp not be conscious over his thoughts? They even have morals.

Sure they question things. You just are unable to understand them. They plan, they make strategies. They cooperate, they remember who cooperated and who not, they form alliances, they make enemies, they invent tools, they learn how to use tools. They examine nature, they make extrapolations on nature.

There is nothing different here from us. Unless you make an arbitrary cut-off point that makes us special.

We have made many in the past and each time we discovered animals could do the same. Each time we raised the bar. At this point in time the message should be clear. We are animals. We are not special, because all animals are special.

Picking a narrow speciality and claiming you are special because you happen to be the best at it is nothing more than the distortion of truth.

That's not consciousness, that is blindness.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yorda Registered Senior Member

For example: thinking what you will do tomorrow and thinking how we are different from animals.

Morals are feelings, and the moral of a chimp is much less advanced than a humans, because they are much less conscious.

Each of these things we can do much better than animals. Our tools and science (examination of nature) is much more advanced, and that is exactly what makes us so much different. Scientists examine the physical world so much that they have become blind to the inner world, the spiritual, the mental. They give no value to consciousness, that's why they define us as animals.

That's not how ordinary humans would define us. Ordinary humans can't even notice that animals have "tools" and "science" because it is so primitive.

All animals have this "speciality" called consciousness, but no animal has consciousness even close to that of humans. There is as much difference between the consciousness of animals and humans as there is between plants and animals. Let go of your scientific mind for a while and observe the selfevident differences that all humans can see.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Monkeys and apes think ahead. They think about how they are different.

No, they are just a little less conscious. You have no evidence to support your claims, I have plenty.

The other explanation is that they are full of themselves and assume themselves to be more. Just like you do. Once you really start examining animals you notice that they are the same. And obviously you never have examined an animal. Certainly not a chimp.

You don't know that. We can't understand dolphin. We can't understand whale songs. We can't understand chimp that well either.

You have no clue how conscious an animal is other than your own prejudice.

Now if you actually read up on the consciousness of the chimp you merely see a mirror.

8. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Well, I misunderstood the question. What I meant was: someone has to bury the bodies.

But I see now that you were being philosophical again, so let me retry: how do you know dolphins (or chimps or cats or shrews) don't think about death?

(No-one mention the elephants.)

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

That's just plain arrogance, there's nothing more to it.

10. Yorda Registered Senior Member

Just like plants are the same, and even rocks are like humans.

Everything is life, but there are degrees of life. Matter, plants, animals, humans... and>> intelligent-humans, genius-humans, and god-humans.

You can see how conscious a being is if you just look at it. For example, if aliens came to our planet, we would instantly notice that they are like us humans and not like animals, even though they would physically be different. We could learn their language and everything.

Consciousness is visible through the expression of the body.

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Hi,
    you are smoking shit. Please quit, it damages your brain.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Exactly, degree is continuous, not discontinuous. Hence we are not special. You said it yourself, it is just that you cannot see it because you are indoctrinated to think that you are special.

13. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I'm curious. Where would you place yourself on this spectrum?

14. Yorda Registered Senior Member

It can also make you more enlightened.

No one has ever said to me that humans special. I wasn't born into a religion. When I was focused in science I also used to think that humans are just more-advanced-animals.

Even an idiot can see that humans are different from animals (special). However, scientists can't see that, or don't want to, because they're too proud of themselves and their "science" (physics).

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

As an idiot, could you please explain exactly how?

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I guess I'm an idiot then too. So I'll join redarmy11 by asking you to explain exactly how. :bugeye:

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

you will.

like right here:
    so what is it? are they special or not. Or are you the 'no one'?

18. Yorda Registered Senior Member

How we are different from animals? I already explained it many times in this thread, and if you really are idiots you should easily be able to see that no animals are writing on this forum, but I think you are too smart (scientific) to see that.

19. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

We also lack webcams.

20. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Animals are defined as those who can't write on a forum?

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I am.

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Pffft, re-read redarmy's post.

:worship:

When you gets 'em you gets 'em good, redarmy my man.
    I'm still sniggering.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

my son is an animal? Ok, he is an American, but still. it's a bit harsh to call him an animal isn't it.

he is of course...the little devil...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!