Human clone 'to be born soon'

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Adam, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

As I said in another post, I have no problem with this as long as the child is treated as a human being with all associated rights.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zero Banned Banned

Stop dreaming. The media will wreck her/his life completely, and s/he'll be overrun by phone calls by fundamentalists calling him/her child of Satan, calls by pro-bio people calling him/her a miracle of science, and then s/he'll be unable to take it any longer and hang her/himself as a teen.

Gosh s/he's not even born yet and I feel so sad already.

There is no god, afterlife or divine love. There is only Entropy, the mother from which we were all born. She tugs our souls with the beautiful, maternal love of chaos. Why do you keep Her waiting?

8. Zero Banned Banned

And oh YEAH, Severino Antioni is the MAN I say. A genuine stud. Hard core. The MAN. I love the guy.

There is no god, afterlife or divine love. There is only Entropy, the mother from which we were all born. She tugs our souls with the beautiful, maternal love of chaos. Why do you keep Her waiting?

9. yumyum The All Knowing.. I think Registered Senior Member

see why cant we have a presz like that bush limted stem cell research him and his group of conservative cronies.

10. Zero Banned Banned

?? That was rather incoherent. Please rephrase.

11. yumyum The All Knowing.. I think Registered Senior Member

bush=moron

we cant clone or do things like that because its illegal.

edit: it didnt make much sence to me when i reread it.

12. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

solution= dont release the name of the cloned child or his/her family.

Even with media harassment, its about the same as being the child of a major celebrity (without the money)

13. goofy headed punk Registered Senior Member

Unfortunately though someone will release its name. Then it will be tormented by all sorts of over zeolous fundimentalists and the media.

14. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Make it so only the parent and perhaps one doctor know the specifics. A simple payment under "infertility treatments" will do for billing. If the name gets out you know the doctor was in on it. He manditorially loses his medical license.

15. goofy headed punk Registered Senior Member

We could get into a pretty long lists of what if. What if this what if that and so on and so forth. I believe it would be extremely difficult to keep everyone anonomous. It might be done though.

16. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

I smell a conspiracy theory...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

I hope the cloned human will live longer than most of the cloned sheeps etc.. clones often seem to suffer from the fact that the second hand DNA is already "aged" and might have slight defects. This is not a real problem for a sheep that is already fullgrown but it becomes an exponential problem for new life where celldivision is very rapid and all the problems "grow with it"

I think they will work it out....

18. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Were the parents aware of that risk? If they were, that's just cruel.

19. Maia Crimson Spirit Registered Senior Member

Personally, I never got what was up with anticlonists. They're following a lost cause, invitro fertilization survved their ineffectual thrusts.

20. odin Registered Senior Member

I don't know anything about this subject,but I have read that the man who cloned Dolly the sheep ect said that they grow old very quick,it also said they have other probs as well,but I do not remember what they were.
    So I am glad I was not cloned.

21. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

I'm not against cloning at all. I just think if cloning is still extremely risky then it's too early to clone humans, for their own sake. Until it's safe... I'm not anti-cloning, I'm pro-safety.