Huge New Update!!! Growing Food In Space

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Success_Machine, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Success_Machine Impossible? I can do that Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

Do we have to go back?

Ever since our ancestors journeyed to Earth from Alpha Centauri star system, it has been bred to our genes I guess! But do we really have to go back?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

Starship Generations idea is very interesting and we talked about it in another thread. What we should do now is to see if Hubble telescope can find a planet in Alpha Centauri system. Also we could look out for any radio signals or laser signals from that area.

What happens, when we get there and a) all the planets are like Mars and Venus. OR b) there is an earth like planet whose technology is slightly behind as ours OR c) they are carnivores and they love ape/humanoid meat?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Caleb Redeemed Registered Senior Member

We Christianize them all!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

See above!

~Caleb

8. KneD Le Penseur Registered Senior Member

hmm, not possible.
    Eithout a large planet like Jupiter in our system, there won't be any stability and all planets will be sucked into the star or shot into space.

We already have done that, and with the hubble telescope we didn't find anything....small planets like earth are to small to be seen because of the light of the star and because they don't have enough influence on the moving of the star.

And because we didn't find any huge planets who can influence the moving of the star, so we can detect it, we can almost say for sure we wouldn't find any planets around alpha centauri.....
    And that sure is a shame

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

About the technology...that would be great!!! we can learn them a lot and we can learn so much more about life, development etc.

and the meat-eating part, hmmm, I don't want to think of that....
    But as loang as they are interrested in science, they wouldn't eat us.

9. Success_Machine Impossible? I can do that Registered Senior Member

Growing Food in Space: Images Available !!!

This Generation Starship's Habitat has a 1930-meter diameter sphere enclosing 64-nested cylinders. The inner surfaces amass 25,000 hectares (75,000 acres) and each level has 15-meter (50-foot) ceilings for growing fruit trees, fruit-bearing vines, bamboo, corn, wheat, rice, etc. This is enough farmland to feed 10,000 people.

Images are now available!!!

http://www.geocities.com/womplex_oo1/StarshipGenerations.html