How to stop attracting Crazy People????????

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Deathfromabove, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

*cuts off your fingers*

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

O rly?

LIKE!???

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

designing spider like assassin robots and making explosives!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

8. Becky_2012 Registered Member

Crazy like as in mentally ill?

When you say crazy do you mean mentally ill?

First: very few crazy people are dangerious.
    Second: Are they mentally ill?

Some people talk to everyone they meet cause they are lonely or because they just love to talk. Some feel that they have a duty to preach, to inform you of things, possibly even their life story. (Happens to me all the time.)

I have Asperger's. It's part of the autism spectrum disorder. I have Echolalia as part of it. It's neurological, similar to Tourette syndrome, where words which I have heard on TV, Radio, Conversations over the last 25 years are repeated usually without context. It's kind of like a sneeze or cough, in that it just happens. When people see/hear this they assume that I am talking to someone who doesn't exist or hearing voices. Neither which are true.

I have been told by my doctors, to try to improve my social skills through engaging people in randon conversation on the bus. My response was 'why?' I don't really like to talk to strangers or have them talk to me simply because we are at the same station/stop/store.

It seems that people are being advised to engage randon people by medical professionals. Some feel that it is rude to do otherwise.

I too have been looking for ways to avoid these people. It's sad that people use questions like 'what time does the bus come' to start a conversation.

Because when I want to know that and ask, my neurological condition making me appear as though I am crazy, people fear that answering my question will invite some strange or dangerious behaviour. I just want the answer. People shouldn't feel uncomfortable answering the question: "Have I missed the 12?" (Number 12 bus route I ofen take.) But there enough people out there who error on the side of caution.

I have had times where people use a question to try to start a conversation which tends to be directed towards personal infomation. If I want religious teachings I will go to church. I am not looking for a 'hook-up' or a boyfriend. If I was, it wouldn't be at a bus station/stop.

I'm almost at the point of getting something I can pin/stick to my chothes telling people to piss-off. Or get pepper stray.

If you get your answer, let me know, cause using body language isn't really an option to people with my condition.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Welcome Becky, I'm also on the spectrum. I agree that small talk is problematic, but I've learned to be creative about it. It's something you can learn, like shaking hands or making eye contact, although it can be tedious. You can also use words as verbal pepper spray.

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Deception. Now you have to deal with me.

11. galaxyblue Registered Member

I have this odd magnetism too, for the longest time it really unnerved me but as I got older I have learned to accept that it's just part of who I am, because no matter how I was dressed or what I was doing (reading, etc) to keep them at bay it just never ever worked. True I have met quite a few very scary characters but I have also met some really nice people. So now I try to look at it as a kind of special talent, who knows for what, maybe I am just here to listen.

12. seagypsy Banned Banned

Oh no! Now Orleander is after you too! lmao, I'm just kidding Orleander, I couldn't resist the set up there.

ETA: Im such an idiot sometimes, I just noticed how old this thread is.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Emil Valued Senior Member