How to stop alien abductions

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by James R, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Ah, Jupiter! Venus! Mars! My favourite UFOs!!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

JAL1628 incident was probably a military cover up of spying over Soviet Union.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

You're so awesome!

What, pray tell, would be so interesting in the Soviet Union anyway, to have to invent such a fabulous tale?

You're into fabulous things, aren't you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Over an hour. The silence speaks volumes. :shh:

8. Gustav Banned Banned

pseudo's default status is one where et and spaceships are acknowledged
    the battle has been won by the crackpots
    and i do not forget
    ja
    persistent medium and all that

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

I'm trying to keep it simple. I was questioning why people can see UFOs when they can't see stealth aircraft. Now, in this application of the term UFO I am taking the extra terrestrial origin option, because I think that is where you are assuming UFOs originate. (please correct this if it is inaccurate).

When I said 'regular' people, that meant civilians on the ground, not the pilots, obviously. Your pedantry there does you a disservice, because it applies equally to UFOs of extra terrrestrial origin!

My point about cellphones was also quite simple. There are millions of the things out there. In the UK, about 30million, and the sales are strong, meaning that many are quite current and have cameras on them. So, if something weird was happening, and witnessed, there is a good chance of it being recorded by a camera phone, in fact, on more than one, we should see some corroborative evidence from multiple sources. But generally what we see, are blurry videos taken from camcorders, ... something that people carry far less often, and often, multiple sightings from the same person (check out the posts made here by 'Orion's Stargirl' (Paula Thorneycroft) who had a a selection of blurry video, and was hawking her UFO book on Sciforums.

Basically, woowoos with camcorders set out to find UFO footage, and take bad video of lights in the sky repeatedly. Open minded individuals seldom actually witness strange events and record them. On your point of not looking around, and not reacting to any happening quickly enough to capture it on a camera phone, well, that point has been made on SF before, and I debunked it with some footage I took of Geese flying over head. I was out walking my dogs, when I saw the flock approaching, took my phone out of my pocket, and managed to capture the video before the event was over. I'm sure many of the millions of camera phone owners out there could do the same, should there be something worth recording.

10. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Your account was so inspiring that I ran to my window expecting to see a traffic jam of flying saucers lining the skies from East to West.

11. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Begging your pardon, Gustavus, care to elaborate slightly on all of this? I know it's your style, but sometimes you're exceedingly cryptic. You make more sense to yourself than others, I think. Or perhaps you prefer to keep it that way? :runaway:

12. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

UFOs vs. IFOs. One is identified, the other not. If it has a certain set of characteristics, I might assume it is an extraterrestrial craft, but UFO means many things to many people.

Never seen a picture or a video of a stealth aircraft? I have. I'm not a pilot. Stealth aircraft don't necessarily "cloak" like a Klingon Bird of Prey.

As I stated before, whether or not ordinary people can see stealth bombers has nothing to do with whether or not ordinary people can see UFOs, or to be more specific, flying discs and other anomalies. There are cases of UFOs and visual invisibility, as well as transiting between visible and invisible, and apparent shapeshifting. Who's to say that these craft can't manipulate their surroundings and only show themselves when they want? After all, dynamic electronic camouflage is already developed by us humans. To again reiterate a former statement about stealth: if this is the state of our technology on Earth, what would the state of technology be with possible ET visitors who are hundreds or thousands of years ahead of us?
    We have no way of knowing how many craft have been overlooked because of their possible invisibility.

Simple, yes. And slightly diversionary, I feel.

Like I said before, to this date, most of the camera phone pictures I have seen weren't that great. I can't imagine why at this stage one would expect them to be the frontline weapon in the gathering of evidence of things flying through the sky. Either way, your cellphone diversion does nothing to subtract from the video, photo, and eyewitness accounts we already have, from the distant past to the present. The only thing they will change is the future, and that's yet to be seen.

How sexy.

Okay.

Instead, open-minded individuals get on forums like this and ridicule those who DO witness, record, or report strange events? I'll keep that bit of knowledge close to my heart, I assure you.:thumbsup:

Congratulations on your flock of geese! The riddle of the UFO is finally solved!

13. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Hermes, Messenger of the Gods!

oke:

14. phlogistician Banned Banned

Exactly. So these super advanced ET's have some rather amazing technology that does stuff that we think breaks the laws of physics. They then use it to cross the vast distance across space, come to Earth, buzz around a bit and draw attention to themselves, abduct people, and anally probe them. They repeatedly do this to the same individuals, for some reason. Despite having incredibly advanced technology, they cannot abduct people without the subject knowing, and need invasive procedures, seems they have no MRI machines on board, ...

Inferring they exist, because we cannot see them? Er, that's silly.

15. Gustav Banned Banned

sure
    the pseudo skeptics sole point of contention is that while there is a decent likelihood of et at the wheel as a valid extrapolation or inference, they simply are not in our neighborhood. it is some what irrational given the preponderance of anecdotal evidence and the smattering of....

just understand or remember histories. my cryptic statements always have references in sci. it would be crass to do so otherwise. disrespectful too.

16. Gustav Banned Banned

phlogs #91 is utter garbage
    i can easily rebut using quotes dating back years
    some never learn
    i refuse to go back to square one
    this forum has made progress and we should resume not start afresh
    ja
    especially so when one finds the usual suspects playing

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

To prevent alien abductions just send money to me and I'll protect you all

from them. Your money back if your ever abducted and never return!

18. Gustav Banned Banned

in any case, battista
    you have serious skills
    gimme a good show

/bow

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

Quotes?

All you have is anecdotal evidence? How about some real data?

20. Gustav Banned Banned

ja
    my point stands
    neither have i affirmed with absolute certainty that et slums around earth
    you are welcome to differ with citations

disingenuous pseudos
    i outta....

21. Gustav Banned Banned

i will
    bid farewell to loved ones and prepare for armageddon

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

??? How do you prepare?