How to see with your eyes shut.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Magical Realist, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Well, I WAS gonna post this in the Parapsychology group but it appears the moderator over there views all parapsychological phenomenon as pseudsoscience!
    Boy does THAT put a damper on the conversation! lol!
    That'd be like Madilyn Murray O'Hare being the moderator of a theology forum!

Anyway, so at the risk of being omni-directionally dismembered by a roving band of credential-flaunting science nerds, let me suggest you try the following: Turn off the lights in your bedroom tonight. Lie down in your bed and shut your eyes real tight. Now wave your hands in front of your closed eyes. You WILL see an image of your hands, light blue in color and superimposed over each other like multiple images. Moving them back and forth makes them more visible for some reason. Anyway, try it. It's very strange and to date I have no explanation for it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Nope, doesn't work.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

We tend to see what our brains expect to see. I'm color blind, and I've looked at something and seen it as red. Then someone tells me it's actually brown, and a shift occurs, and I see it as brown.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

So did you try it yet? Another interesting aspect of it is that the hands are slightly shifted in their spatial location when viewed with closed eyes. Maybe about 2 or 3 inches. So the location of your actual hand is sort of smeared across a succession of hand images and multiple fingers. THIS I do NOT expect.

8. livingin360 Registered Senior Member

I've done that before and it worked for me. Its hard saying what is causing it. It would be interesting to have a topic about remote viewing. I have successfully did that before or just was very lucky multiple times. If the government pays millions of dollars to have remote viewing intel then it must provide results of some sort. I know a company in Hawaii called mind-tek was paid a couple million for remote viewing feedback in Iraq also there was some government ran programs provided to bring remote viewing intel during the cold war i think.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

We've had several.

It doesn't. (Edit: or I sincerely hope it doesn't. The previous fiasco should have cured them of that. But... gullibility never dies).

It doesn't.

Links please.

Yes there was. It came about through a panic that the USSR was doing it. The US decided that if the dirty commies were trying it then they should also. Nothing workable or useful came out of that programme*.

* Unless you count the fruitcakes who then left the project to set up their own "businesses" to "teach" this idiocy to the gullible-but-[briefly]possessed-of-disposable-income.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  10. drumbeat Registered Senior Member

So basically, "How to see with your eyes shut"....

Step 1) shut your eyes.
    Step 2) look at your hands.

Thanks for that.

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I've had several people try this and they confirm it happens. There's even a forum I found online of people who can see their whole room after a while (among other "things") in the dark with their eyes shut. RE: remote viewing, I'm still unsure about that. How do you go about doing it? Like going into a meditation state? I myself have trouble meditating cuz I always fall asleep.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Bells Staff Member

Ermm yes.

I fell asleep.

Tends to happen when I turn off all the lights and lie down on my bed and close my eyes.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yeah, but did you wave your hands about?

14. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

that happens when my cat sneaks up on the bed and sniffs my nose, he barely touches my nose and makes it tickle (like there is a fly on my nose)..

15. F-X ♫♪ Mostly Harmless ♫ ♪ Registered Senior Member

The real trick is when you can see somebody else's hands moving.

16. Bells Staff Member

Yes. As one often does when lying down in bed with the lights out and eyes closed.

And I still fell asleep.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That's because you shut your eyes too tightly.
    You see blue thingies if you wave your hands in front of your eyes or not.

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol!

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Lol this reminds me of this:

Good movie

20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Nope..I can see them with eyes tightly shut AND lightly shut. And the blue handshaped thingies exactly correspond to when and where I'm waving my hands, not when and where I'm not waving them. I was just suggesting shutting your lids tightly so as to nip all the "but you can see them because your lids aren't totally shut" gripes in the bud. So did you try it yet?

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I will tonight when I'm in bed. Then, tomorrow, I'll report that nothing happened.

How do you know?

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Exactly correspond, hmm?
    Not according to this poster:

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Busted!