How to prove spiritual orbs in photos?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by wegs, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It's hard because the orbs are the result of using flashlight.

That could easily be a bug. A large moth for example.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Could be. I see dust particles in the first part. Then I see the flashing orb. Don't know if that initial smudge was a ghost though. I'd have to go by what the investigators were doin at the time.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Because there was noone standing or sitting there when the pic was shot. I posted the background on those pics already.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

A giant moth that suddenly vanishes when the headlights are turned on. Yep..That's explains it.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Were you there?
    Ever considered double exposures or that people may be lying/inventing stuff/jumping to conclusions?

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yeah, why not? Perhaps it just moved on or perhaps it got attracted to the brighter car lights. It certainly is a more believable explanation than "OMG! It must have been a ghost!"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It doesn't have to be giant to appear like that. Not tiny will do just fine. It's a light-reflecting object surrounded by darkness; it's bound to appear bigger than it really is. Besides, the recording isn't exactly sharp.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Were you? For the record, I don't believe people spend long hours in deserted buildings and cemetaries just to hoax ghosts. I take these investigators word for it.

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, but in absence of extraordinary evidence a mundane explanation is a bit more believable than an extraordinary one. Don't you think?

Who says they spend long hours there? And besides, people have been known to do crazier stuff than that...

And that's your problem right there.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That looks pretty fake... lol

14. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

I was actually intrigued until I realised they were filming through a vehicle window and getting excited by what seems obviously just a reflection artefact from the vehicle's window, which only seems to move as the camera moves, moving left as the camera moves right etc.

Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

15. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Defy explanation? You're having a laugh, right?
    I think you may be projecting your own disbelief of the mundane.
    To me they look like nothing more than dust particles close to the camera.
    As for why they "move away" from the man... ever heard of air currents?

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I was thinking that as well, but it doesn't seem to hold up through the entire video.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Dust doesn't hover still like a bubble in midair and slowly move back forth like that. It's usually much more erratic and temporary. As for it moving from the air current of the man, how could that be if as you say it is close to the camera?

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It looks like they are shining a light on a mirror or something. Notice how some of the light reflects back on the actual wall behind them.

20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The light is moving independently of the camera because we see it doing so when the camera is still. Also, I saw a windshield artifact at the very end, but it was obvious because it moved with the movement of the car.

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

At first I dismissed it as light like as laser or mirror. But notice it gets smaller and bigger. A reflected light wouldn't do this. Then at the end it swoops right in front of the camera. Too bright to be an insect...

22. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Because individual dust particles can move like that, especially with static close to the camera-lense, and it takes next to no actual air-current to move a dust particle.
    And if not a dust particle then perhaps a tiny insect.
    Question: if someone showed that video to you and said that it was an example of how dust can appear in a video, would you be surprised?

23. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

It does if you consider that the reflection may be coming from a non-stationary passenger/object in the back of the vehicle.