How to prove spiritual orbs in photos?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by wegs, Jul 23, 2013.

1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Spidergoat;

I clicked on the app link u provided; wow that looks fun!
    I'm uncertain how orbs (of any kind) will be revealed once u put a pic through an editing app?
    I didn't think about that. I'd imagine if there are orbs from an environmental source or a spiritual orb, they'd still show regardless of the editing app?

Thank you for your help.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I didn't state a hypothesis. I simply gave evidence of an unexplained phenomena, which you had hoped to explain away as dust particles illuminated by camera flashes. Whether you "respect" this evidence or not is your choice. I suspect you will ALWAYS dismiss the evidence to protect your belief that there is no such thing as the paranormal. The old circular meme logic: there's no evidence of the paranormal because the paranormal doesn't exist, and the paranormal doesn't exist because there's no evidence for the paranormal.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The "evidence" is always still shots from a digital camera. Your hypothesis is that they are not products of the camera, but paranormal objects in space that move around. Furthermore, the phenomenon is not unexplained, it is in fact explained and well known. You are the one being intellectually dishonest, because there already exists a valid naturalistic explanation. I admit there is a high bar to overcome before your silly ideas gain any credence, but it is not a case of protecting a belief system from all evidence to the contrary. You haven't presented anything that contradicts it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I posted 6 links of video evidence of orbs. Not still shots of flash-illuminated dust. Actually moving orbs that move thru space. One link has 14 videos you can peruse. The fact that you didn't even look at these tells me who is being disingenous. It's easy to dismiss evidence you don't even look at eh?

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You can nitpick about video vs. still shots, but they are still just digital cameras and nothing extraordinary is going on. It would be your responsibility to discount the standard explanation, which seems perfectly obvious and reasonable, before anyone should take your credulousness about supernatural phenomenon seriously.

9. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Oh sheesh, you should watch the vids...

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It's not my responsibility to do squat for you. You've already decided on what you believe, so I have no intention of wasting my time with you. The videos are for anyone who wants to look into this phenomenon objectively instead of concluding in advance it isn't anything.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It is something. Something natural. But if you want to believe it's supernatural, it's obvious that nothing can convince you otherwise. What else is spiritual? Rainbows? Oil slicks on water? Those little shiny things you see when you hit your head? Ice cream headaches? Cold sores? Hemorrhoids? I bet you don't know that blisters are the spirits of dead people trying to enter the world of the living through their skin, and the liquid inside is protoplasm from the other side.

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Then tell us what it is oh all-knowing one. I'm sure the field of paranormal research would be glad to have all this debunked in 5 minutes by some career skeptic sitting at home on his computer. We're all ears. What are they?

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Photonic beings from the 8th dimension. Duh. Of course those science people will tell you it's just the reflection of light from small particles, but what do they know? I mean they do just drift aimlessly like dust, but that must be some kind of strategy to lure us into a false sense of security while they plan their attack.

14. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Dust doesn't "travel" that fast as seen in the first video clip, spidergoat.
    If you haven't watched the vids, at least watch the first one because it is clearly something beyond environmental interference.

Why would the researchers on the vids lie?
    No one gains by "making up" falsehoods about the paranormal.
    Except Hollywood. Lol

15. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Why are all the orbs out of focus?

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Yep..self-illuminated dust particles that change direction in mid air and come out of walls. That must be it. lol!

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Why do you think they're out of focus?

18. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

You have a degree in photography. I dabble in it. I ask in earnest, please explain why these can't be spiritual orbs. From your perspective...if they are not of the paranormal variety then what is causing the rapid movement? The distinct sphere shapes? We all have seen dust and this doesn't seem to be that. Or insects. Or moisture on a lens.
    I ask this because I want to know what u "chalk it up" to being.

Do u believe in the paranormal?
    You've entered the thread; you must answer.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They aren't lying except when they try to explain it as something supernatural. What's the evidence that it's supernatural? Do they drift around spelling words in the air? Do they have faces? Do they hum the theme to the x-files?

Here is a good website explaining how a camera produces them, and how they are affected by the shape of the aperture and sticking shutters.

20. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Lol :-}

21. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Hahahaha!

Answer the above, pls.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Apparently, some of these effects are caused within the camera due to lens flare, you know that effect you see in a movie? Their shape is affected by the shape of the camera's aperture, and the appearance of movement is caused by changing the angle of the camera in relation to the light. They are out of focus because the camera is typically focusing in the distance, not up close.

No, I don't. Because it's stupid.

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Wegs, note the way this poster is sarcastically talking down to us and implying we are stupid. This is what you always get from people like this. If they don't have an argument then they have to ad hom you and insult you. It just pisses them off royally that things like this go on when they would rather they didn't. It threatens their little materialistic world bubble. Hey, did you know spidergoat doesn't even believe in persons? He thinks they are hallucinations generated by the brain. Maybe they're specks of dust too..lol!