How to prepare/survive a recession.

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Businesswiz, Jan 22, 2007.

1. kmguru Staff Member

May be Norway people have a major McTax?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Try Again No, I'm not a mod. Registered Senior Member

Get a safe house, lots of med packs, guns and food.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm retired and I really need very little. I do not owe anything except for normal monthly bills and extra things I need to buy from time to time. Since I already live frugally I can't really change much as to what I spend but taxes and food and fuel keep going up. Those do concern me because if the taxes on my home keep going up I will have to sell and move away to a cheaper area perhaps rent instead of owning. There are certain things I can cut down on like driving, eating less and not getting any extra stuff that I like to have but do not need. The point is if it gets bad enough I will sell and move but I probably won't get what my property is worth with a recession going on.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

My problem with the Big Mac index is that McDonald's has different market niches in different nations. In the USA the Big Mac is cheap food but this is not true everywhere.

In the Mcdonald's I went to in India the store was ultra modern, sparkling clean, and young hipster trendy and priced beyond the means of what an Indian Truck driver could afford on a regular basis. In India the Big Mac is not made of Beef. Maharaja-Mac costs $1.22 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mac_Index

8. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

try crime..it worked pretty good for GWB and Cheney