How The Euro Will Destroy America's Power

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Proud_Syrian, Apr 24, 2003.

1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Pertamina, Indonesia’s state oil company, may replace the dollar with the euro in oil and gas trades.
    This, not weapons of mass destruction, is what the invasion of Iraq was really about.

:m: Peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Whatever. If the euro becomes vastly more powerful than the dollar America might switch over to it as well. That would drive a lot of those guys nuts.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

And the US into a serious economic recession. Remember, you have a 60% trade imbalance, supported only by the need for other nations to sell goods to the US to obtain dollars to then give to OPEC to obtain oil...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. aghart Registered Senior Member

and we have Germany on the verge of recession,with almost deflation taking place, and the Republic of Ireland with problems of inflation which is not under control. Both with the same currency, both with the same interest rate, wildly seperate problems but a one size fits all monetary policy. Sparks, the Euro sucks (that is of course a technical term). I will however enjoy it 'on the fence' watching the economies of Europe sink into the pit' and all because of the 'grandoise political visions' of some very silly people who weald power in Euroland.

Either you are right or I am, at least time will eventually prove one of us right, I do hate it when a story has no ending.

8. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Well, German economic woes are traceable to reunification, and Ireland's to corrupt politicans. (Mind you, we all know that they're a crooked bunch of incompetent bastards. We just don't have the ability to get rid of the sods.)

Being in the euro system, however, has done a lot of good for the Irish economy.