How should nonJewish countries treat Jewish influence?

Discussion in 'History' started by desi, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Do you think the two are entirely unrelated?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

if you are racist no.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Why do some people have a problem with Jews?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

it goes way back to religious control.

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Well, maybe people need to learn that Jewish people no more "control" banks than anyone else then the point is mute.

9. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Wank.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

wanky wank

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

wanky wanky wanky wank

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The vast majority of immigrants to what is now Israel in the first four aliyot were Orthodox. To be sure there were plenty of secular Jews in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, but their destination of choice was America. Even as late as the early 1950s, when the new State of Israel had received hundreds of thousands of Holocaust refugees who multiplied its population by nearly one order of magnitude, there were only about two Conservative temples and zero Reform temples in the entire country.

Okay, you're right that the philosophical position of the ultra-Orthodox was that Israel should not be created. Zionism was like the Aztlán movement in America's Mexican community: created by a few idealists and embraced by university kids with too much education and not enough work. But that didn't stop the ultra-Orthodox from settling there once it was a done deal. And today their influence in Israeli politics is all out of proportion to their numbers (less than one million).
    "Jew" has many meanings and they overlap. Hitler established it as a purely genetic description with no relationship to religion. In my country (the USA) the "Jewish community" counts among its members people of identifiably Jewish ancestry who have no religion, or who only observe Jewish holidays the way my wife and I, who are atheists, celebrate Christmas and Easter. Since Jewish culture encourages dissent and argument, I wouldn't be surprised if a far higher percentage of ethnically Jewish Americans are atheists than Gentiles.

The definition of a Jew, as one who practices the Jewish religion AND EITHER has a Jewish mother OR has been accepted as a properly halakhic convert, is the doctrine of the Orthodox Jews. Since they are a minority even among religious Jews, that definition cannot be held up as a standard.
    Jews have spent most of their existence in exile so of course they have intermarried heavily with their host populations and have lost any semblance of genetic purity. If the gene pool of the dogs my wife and I raise were as muddled as that of the Jews, we would not be allowed to define them as a "breed."

Jewish women have been raped by everyone from the Babylonians to the blond-haired blue-eyed Nazis, and their children are defined by rabbinical law as Jews.
    Indeed. The Sephardic (non-European) Jews comprise the underclass in Israel.
    Because they were taught that by their parents, who were taught it by their parents, and so on back to the Dark Ages. Look at the dismal state of relations between dark-skinned and light-skinned Americans, 140 years after Emancipation and 40 years into the institutionalized Civil Rights movement.

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Why "Either"? Just because my mother is a Xian doesn't mean I am, whether I celebrate the occasional holiday or not.

Add to this the notion of "race" and it becomes even more confused.

Again, I don't like this line of thought. Why do we say "exile"? Are Singaporean Chinese exiled Chinese? Are they even "Chinese"? Am I an exiled Dutch? I mean, my family, if we go back to my great great great great great grandparents were from any area that is today considered "dutch".

Anyway, the point is lets stop making these ridiculous exceptions for people that happen to be Jewish. Jews that were born in Germany were Germans. They were no living life in exile. They have no claim to land anywhere other than what they can purchase. Done and Done. Geesh. Just because people of the Jewish faith want to think in terms of racism and blood and all this bullshit doesn't mean I have to entertain such divisive antiquated backwards thinking.

Blond haired blue eyes people of Jewish faith born in Germany were and are German. Whether they like it or not and whether the other non-Jewish Germans liked it or not.

Oh, come on. Jewish women were no more or less raped than any other women. Compared to Genghis Khan and his cohort the average Jewish woman got off light.

Even this thread is irritating. Non-Jewish country? What's that suppose to mean? A Jewish Theocracy? A country with a lot of people who happen to have the faith Judaism? What exactly?

anyway....

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  14. desi Valued Senior Member

This is not entirely true. Some people have found that Jews were behind the Bolshevik revolution in the USSR which led to the intentional starvation of millions of people. Some have found Jews to have a controlling interest in the media, the content of which some find morally reprehensible. If you look under enough rocks and find the same thing a pattern seems to emerge. What I don't understand is how nonJews should handle the situation. By all accounts Jews are intelligent and hardworking as a rule. They also tend to help each other out so they end up with controlling interest in vital areas of society. Problems happen when they engage in currency manipulation which sinks economies, ie George Soros in Malaysia, or they do things like incite revolution like I mentioned happened in Russia. We could also talk about how Disney went from Mickey Mouse to Miley after controlling interests changed hands.

15. maxpayne Registered Member

I Hope they can help Jewish and treat them well as they deserve they suffer a lot and should rest in the end after all the wars with Arabian Tributes around them