How should nonJewish countries treat Jewish influence?

Discussion in 'History' started by desi, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Hell, the only reason we even know is that my grandmother's hobby was making a family tree - as far back however far she went, and this just happened to be in it. She didn't think anything of it and neither did anyone else.

BUT, that said, I am still waiting for desi's reply.

So, desi, is a blond hair, blue eyed, American-Aussie and atheist still Jewish to you? Maybe I will fly to Israel and get a free passport

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I already have two. What else do I get? Free Palestinian house?

If that's the case I promise you can have it SAM. On the house. Quite literally. Heck , maybe we should make a website for all us Jews who want our free house to give to a Palestinian family. Hahahahahaaa yeah, all us atheist Jews pfffff Ahhhhahahahahahaaaa! too funny!

M

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How many of the Russian/German/American "Jews" in Israel have dark hair and dark eyes? All of them?

Don't joke about atheist Jews, there are at least two of them on sciforums.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Atheist Jews is an oxymoron.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Hello - Earth to desi, come in desi?

So?

9. desi Valued Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew

"Historical definitions of Jewish identity have traditionally been based on halakhic definitions of matrilineal descent, and halakhic conversions. Historical definitions of who is a Jew date back to the codification of the oral tradition into the Babylonian Talmud. Interpretations of sections of the Tanach, such as Deuteronomy 7:1-5, by learned Jewish sages, are used as a warning against intermarriage between Jews and non-Jews because "[the non-Jewish male spouse] will cause your child to turn away from Me and they will worship the gods of others." Leviticus 24:10 says that the son in a marriage between a Hebrew woman and an Egyptian man is "of the community of Israel." This contrasts with Ezra 10:2-3, where Israelites returning from Babylon, vow to put aside their gentile wives and their children. Since the Haskalah, these halakhic interpretations of Jewish identity have been challenged."

Call your local rabbi to clear this up if you are concerned about it. From my understanding from working with Jews they are a separate group of people who help each other out in business and other dealings. Its sort of like a good ole boy network that if you are not in it, you are out of it. Don't get me wrong. Most Jews are smart and work very hard. Their connections do seem to help them rise to the upper crust of whatever industry they choose. And when things go bad sometimes they retire to Israel where their deaths are faked and they retire to enjoy what Israel has to offer to men of means.

I keep editing this post... One of the reasons people are 'allowed' to convert to Judaism by some rabbis is because Israel needs warm bodies to carry guns in the IDF. If you try to convert and are willing to move to Israel and live there, and serve in the IDF it will be easy for you to 'convert'. Many US Christians who want to follow Jewish laws do this.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Lets just not perpetuate this myth that just because people are of a Jew faith they are in any way more capable than anyone else.

11. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Well...more capable than you. But perhaps not any more capable than many of the people in the Physics section who know what they're doing. That doesn't mean they're best at any given thing. You're just taught to study at a young age...you don't own a TV...you don't own silly literature...and your life revolves around learning.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its okay, they have genetic diseases galore to balance out their superiority.

13. CheskiChips Banned Banned

There's only one significant genetic disease...and it's easily avoidable and rare. Other than perhaps...lactose intolerance and gluten intolerance? These things aren't hard to avoid when living on your own.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Try again:

15. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Oh well; I guess I am pretty well off then.

I do think it's cruel that you get joy off of others misery though, however I am not shocked.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Please, I'm preparing to publish a nice bit of work on human embryonic stem cells that no one has thought of - or at least hasn't published yet.

My point being, religion has nothing to do with nothing and lots of people are taught to study at a young age. I agree education helps a hell of a lot and information even more

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

One more way to look at it. How many Jews not of European descent do you suppose are all that well off? The obvious answer is European culture bloomed for a period and some Europeans that happened to have the Jewish faith did along with all other Europeans.

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Desi stop being so paranoid, this perception of Jews only amounts to bigotry and fear mongering. Its what Hitler used to defend Nazi propoganda. In NY many owned bookstores and were teachers. 'What the hell does that mean?' You may ask, nothing other than an apparent support for literature and education.

19. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Congrats. I usually assume anyone who posts such statements without explanation is being bigoted on this board. In person my response would have differed greatly.

In any case the late renaissance really brought amazing discoveries to the world, but in my opinion a little faster than we were ready for.

The only significant difference is the language. While Hebrew is nothing like German, they have similar benefits in descriptiveness. In general Germanic languages seem to have the ability to communicate very directly, the words seem to take on the actual thing they represent. Whereas more primitively constructed languages are at a severe disadvantage. This was perhaps one of the causes of the renaissance, as I feel European languages have great advantage. However; English isn't as privy to this. It takes much studying and time to gain a large enough vocabulary to acquire benefits from its construction.

While I am no expert on language; I do know some Yiddish, a good amount of Hebrew, I had to take a couple years of Spanish, and I believe my English is constructed decently. Of the three Hebrew seems the most proper and descriptive; when isolating the German elements of Yiddish it seems the second most proper and descriptive. While Spanish seems to lack precision altogether, as do all Vulgar languages in my opinion.

On the same note; education perhaps means nothing if you speak a vulgar language. There's a term for it in Hebrew 'לשון הרעה' while it deals with vulgarity in a blunt sense; it also deals with the evilness of vulgar languages. I believe Karl Marx wrote of it.
    Examples of this:
    Hebrew-Proper : Arabic-Vulgar (Although modern Hebrew is getting quite vulgar...)
    Russian-Proper : Romanian-Vulgar (Although both are very vulgar)
    Spanish-Proper : Mexican-Vulgar
    English-Proper : American-Vulgar
    etc. etc.

All of which is perhaps a tad off-topic; but I feel it's really at the root of a nations inherent capability.

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i don't get this. Russian is a slavic language and Romanian is a romance language.

21. CheskiChips Banned Banned

You're right, I guess it did origin as a Latin language. However most of the country speaks as if they're illiterate, so I always figured it in due to the heavy slavic influence. A better comparison might have been Ukranian : Modern Russian

Although Russian is a rather descriptive language; it must be for all of those scientific documents to be written in Russian. So who knows, maybe I am way off base.

Again; perhaps said: Latin : Vulgar_Latin

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Don't be silly; its my belief that recessive mutations may persist due to some hidden advantage they confer to the organism; like sickle cell anemia confers a protection from malaria in the recessive form

23. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

the problem is not jews controlling banks, but people having a problem with jews.