How powerful is the Mossad? (Really)

Discussion in 'World Events' started by otheadp, Feb 24, 2006.

1. otheadp Banned Banned

i was thinking, an intelligence service's strength is being secret. if an operation has been exposed, it's then a failure. people knowing how powerful you are is BAD NEWS for you. which is why i think Mossad is actually weak. certainly weaker than the Mossad of the 60s and 70s, which even in those times was not very strong. i think that all those heroic impossible deeds that Mossad was credited for (a failure in itself), was only made possible with help from actual powerful foreign intelligence services who were either anti-communist, or guilt-ridden by the Holocaust. so Mossad did 10% of the job, and got 100% of the credit... all the while the real powerful agencies, who probably did most of the work, were kept away from the spotlight, with their operative safe and unexposed, with no media attention, and no diplomatic damage

speaking of diplomatic damage, Mossad agents cant even fake passports anymore... 2 good examples are the fiascos with New Zealand and Canada

for me as a Jew it's always nice to hear people talk fearfully or amazedly about the Mossad, but i really think it's very exaggerated, and that the only thing the Mossad has going for it is its reputation

...comments?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

Check out the book "By Way of Deception" by Victor Ovstrovsky.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...103-9055856-5860640?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

It's a very revealing book about the Mossad, by a man who was bred for the kidon (the Mossad's assassination branch) but eventually turned out to be a head katsa (spy recruiter). It provides an inside look at the Mossad, and also details many of their operations (for example, Operation Sphinx, a Mossad operation where Iraqi nuclear scientists were recruited while in France to gather information about Iraq's nuclear reactor Osiraq, ultimately ending with the Israeli airstrike in 1981.)

Anyway, I read it awhile ago, but I remember it's a pretty good read.

AmishRakeFight

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

why? are you working for the mossad?

why would you be excited that people fear an organization that you have nothing to do with.
    tsk tsk.....gives a bad name to the rest of us (i am also jewish).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. otheadp Banned Banned

so u know how it is then

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

people connect you to it for no reason

8. Dil_420 Banned Banned

tey r not powerfull

they have been made powerrfull by public...
    one never hear about them all they do is vanished out in blue ari!
    they r terrorist! just like murders jews!

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

haha i AM jewish. i do not hide this.
    however, i have never killed someone.
    as soon as that *stabbing someone in the face through the internet* gadget is invented, ill be sure to pm you though.

10. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

*cue music from The Matrix*

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

*runs up the wall, and throws a dagger at the pc monitor*
    damn..doesnt work yet, and now i cant read the jewbashing!!
    *severely disappointed*

12. otheadp Banned Banned

wtf. dont ruin my thread!!! (or i'll eat your baby)

13. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

luckily for me, all my babies are yet to be produced....so i suppose you will be eating my balls.

on second thought...ill just not ruin the thread, how about that?

14. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

Haha I didn't know that this thread was close to being ruined.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure modern Mossad piggybacks on modern intelligence services. But back circa-1980 I've heard they were pretty badass. Not as badass as the KGB though.

AmishRakeFight

15. otheadp Banned Banned

devil,
    that's a good idea. (tho i doubt it u want me to do the ... )

amish,
    can u be more specific? how badass was Mossad, and what did the KGB do to be more badass?

16. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

the kgb would just openly murder people in the streets.
    they had special business cards that they could leave on the bodies so that the police would know it came from them.
    thats how badass.

17. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

Pretty much what DevilInside said. They had free reign to do basically whatever they wanted "for the motherland!". Murder, extortion, bribery, torture, you name it, they practiced it. And not only practiced it, were probably masters of it. Became infamous(er) for it's "Sparrow School" that trained attractive young women to be prostitutes/spies for the government.

Mossad basically had Jews everywhere. They had (have) a system called "sayanism" which is the hiring of civilians to provide the katsas (spy recruiters) with whatever they need. If they needed a place to stay, call an apartment sayan. Need 500 TV's and an official looking office with letterheads, call a manufacturing sayan and an office sayan. Ect, ect, ect.

AmishRakeFight

18. otheadp Banned Banned

that's badass!

amish, i assume you're basing you knowledge on that book by a self-claiming former Mossad agent. i keep wondering how much of that was Mossad's psy-ops...

19. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

As I did, so I researched.

Research showed that he indeed was credible.

Just google him.

Also, the sayanism isn't exactly a secret. Many, many, MANY sources have confirmed that this takes place inside the Jewish community.

AmishRakeFight