How much time is needed for the time travel?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Eagle9, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

All time travel hypotheses are highly theoretical, so there aren't really any practical examples to give.
    If the cars could reach speeds faster than light, time would go in reverse for those cars. Hence, they would arrive before they left.
    If there were wormholes on the way the cars could come out at another time, at a different location, or both.
    Assuming anyone could survive FTL travel or wormholes...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

the problem is one can not understand that, that specific question has been answered.
    again, the answer is, one has to jump the time line and come back to it.
    you can not time travel without jumping out of that specific time line.
    all in all i had enough of this.
    if you want more answers , spend time going through my post on here and the other forum.
    i have made numerous comments on this subject on other topics and over time.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

Without time travel? It can go faster than you expect, and thus arrive before the expected time.

With time travel? It can arrive before it departed by traveling backwards through time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

Thirty one words and you have said nothing at all.

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

And you said nothing at all with ten words. I win!

9. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

Good bye, ignore list man.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Cool, now if I can just get Motordaddy to put me on his . . . .

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Nothing wrong with any of that....And what most have been saying throughout this thread, and aligns perfectly with my often repeated statement in the face of poor comprehension by some......
    [1] The laws of physics and GR do not forbid time travel either way.
    [2] At present at this level of technology, we have no way to achieve time travel and it remains in the realms of science fiction
    [3] Any sufficiently advanced civilisation, that masters spacetime manipulation or other aspects of advanced physics, may find this possible.

12. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

sorry, this post was in response to that ridiculous post of #100

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Well there was some good news in that post, as ridiculous and misleading as it was...[nudge, nudge, wink, wink].

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

Thank you, Enmos. That's all I needed to hear. What was the point of padoo and Krash writing countless posts saying everyone is stupid but them? That's all they had to explain, but they preferred to act all superior. What may be obvious to them may not be obvious to other people, but since they have had plenty of time to respond, i think they didn't know any of hat you said either.
    Typical! (Shakes head)

15. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

another flawed interpretation of my words.[ i sure do wish individuals would stop attempting to interpret everything. that action causes more problems than anything]
    your post are becoming ridiculous.
    it's not that the question was not answered, it's the one reading can not understand what was stated.
    it's that simple.

16. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

No. I have asked you several times (even politely once or twice) and Motor Daddy has asked you to explain what you meant, or (in my case) to point out the posts where you claimed to have explained. You never responded, but with insults and snobbishness, and oh yes, head shakes and 'amusement'. You bore me, krash666. Good bye.

17. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

two things.
    1) read from the beginning, try to understand what was stated, instead of ranting and raving about your lack of comprehension skills.
    2) you are completely clueless to MD's continuous trolling shenanigans.

maybe they shouldn't dabble in what is far advanced form them, as they spew how things are flawed and incorrect.

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Exactly!
    In fact what Enmos has actually said is that the "so called" problem that MD presented is irrelevant.
    Which is what I said at least twice when the "so called" problem was put by MD.
    A pity people could not see that instead of trashing, trolling and telling lies and making baseless accusations re mods and others. Then acting all indignant when criticized about his shortcomings.

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Here....

And this was one of the replies.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

i know. i read all of it.

21. river

Since the whole Universe is connected , all movement