How many wives does Jesus allow?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Wow, wow.

You will understand this joke. Men will have to be told the punch line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5948Ze5a4E

I thought I would show you this following just to let you opine.

Love should be our first concern.

But really, ---- in the conditions of multiple partners, --- can we call any of it love, --- in the two becomes one sense?

I don't think so. I am not saying that people cannot love more than one person. In fact I think we can. I do not think we can serve two masters or mistresses.

If we are to sanctify marriage, --- and give sex more than just an animal itch position in our thinking, --- as we should, --- then it should be the marriage of souls, ---- and not of mere bodies, that we celebrate.

The bottom line I think is allowing everyone to follow their personal wishes and not be judgemental. We mostly live in relatively free worlds of consenting adults. Do as you will, --- as I do as I will, --- should be the mind set and law. These are personal matters and it is a shame on all of us that we have to turn to law instead of love to guide us.

If men and women wish to curse themselves with more than one spouse or partner, --- then let them.

They seek that ultimate love and in a sense, we should all encourage that at all times.

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lakon Valued Senior Member

Your second last line is in great conflict to the paragraph above it.

Also, your ..

If we are to sanctify marriage, --- and give sex more than just an animal itch position in our thinking, --- as we should, --- then it should be the marriage of souls, ---- and not of mere bodies, that we celebrate.

Sex IS first and formost an animal itch. You are an animal. If there was no sexual attraction and desire, at least in the initial part, a) the human race would eventually cease, b) marriage of souls would be far more unlikely.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lakon Valued Senior Member

BTW, how's your climb along Jacobs ladder ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

There is no conflict. Things should be a free choice at the individual level.

My statement was from my own view as seeing many spouses as a curse.
    There is no conflict.

Regards
    DL

8. Lakon Valued Senior Member

A very subjective view. Bonds between spouses can also be a blessing and eveything in between.

Nonetheless, I respect your particular view.

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Thanks for your last.

I don't know of your first though. I do not know any with multiple spouses.

I did speak with a Muslim though who kept saying duty, duty, duty, and did not speak of much pleasure.

Are you speaking from something personal?

Regards
    DL

10. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

The irony of this thread Greater, is that the 'concept' of marriage stems from Pagan rituals. Not from Christianity.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Indeed. All Christianity is, is a pagan religion that happened to be bought by Constantine. We would still call it a pagan cult if that purchase had not come to pass.

Rome own Christianity and always has.

Regards
    DL

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Allow? Since when did Jesus make any rules?

13. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Ask a Christian if he did or not. FMPOV, he never existed.

Regards
    DL

14. Lakon Valued Senior Member

Well, when I was a much younger, single, foot loose and fancy free kinda guy, I certanly had some interesting times.

The muslim guy ? Most of then coach their practices in duty to allah. I think polygamy is not exclusive to Islam though. It used to be allowed in some Orthodox Jew sects, old (and current ?) Christian sects, etc. Don't know much more about it than that.

To me, sleeping with multiple women would be purely sexual (although I could probably handle only two or so these days

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

15. Lakon Valued Senior Member

Should have done this earlier .. I just Wikied 'polygamy'

Try it. Wow !

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I too remember the abuses of being a gigolo. A hard cross to bear but I lived through it. ;-)

You must be more S & M than I am.

Regards

DL

17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I am not sure just what point you wanted to accentuate.

The equality and reciprocity of the sexes perhaps?

Please show it.

Regards
    DL

18. Lakon Valued Senior Member

S&M ? No. Just good fun. In those days. Now I'm a happily married guy. The 'two or so these days' was humour.

19. Lakon Valued Senior Member

The point I was making was that .. 'Wow - polygamy is / was a lot more prevalent than I ever thought'.

20. Lakon Valued Senior Member

BTW, you didn't say - hows Jacobs ladder ? Verticle yet ?

21. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Absolutely. It has always been vertical. Esoterically speaking of course.

Yes. Polygamy has been around forever. Sometimes from duty to the tribe and sometimes for self-gratification on the part of all involved.

Regards
    DL

22. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Take it in terms of love. There is something I love more than anything in this world, and its a woman, in a perfect world. Do I give her everything, all of my love, or do I give my love to other love interest of mine? Can I love more than one sexual partner? Or do I love one so much all my loving to her?

23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I cannot answer for you.

Regards
    DL